Thais attacking foreigners

soistalker

I have been here 18 years and have not been attached by a thai person. I have had a few fights with other expats/tourists who were looking for trouble so I am more worried about them when I am out. From my experience you really have to really really upset or refuse to pay for most thai's to get violent. 

Ether case the police will do nothing other than write a report unless the attack was near death.

To the OP get on with your life as it is pretty safe here.

Fear not OP, it's Darwinism in play...

Knobheads and loudmouths get a proper bashing first, followed closely by gold chain wearing baravado types and rounding out the top three is a tie between 'socially difficult' Russians and underpaying ladyboy lovers.

Enjoy ?

4 hours ago, pomozki said:

yes it's common knowledge

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If it is, you're learning from the wrong books!

No OP it is not true, some new found Pattaya bar stool buddies may try to persuade you it is so, as will the newbie brigade, both, however, would be very wrong. On the other hand, perhaps the rules in Pattaya are different from the rest of the country, that being the case I advise you move, asap.

14 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

I have been here 18 years and have not been attached by a thai person. I have had a few fights with other expats/tourists who were looking for trouble so I am more worried about them when I am out. From my experience you really have to really really upset or refuse to pay for most thai's to get violent. 

Ether case the police will do nothing other than write a report unless the attack was near death.

To the OP get on with your life as it is pretty safe here.

why not walk away instead of fighting?

18 hours ago, soistalker said:

Is it common knowledge amongst Thai people that they can attack a foreigner

yes it's common knowledge here & in any other country. 

If you are drunk, abusive and causing disturbance or disrespecting a countries cultural beliefs then chances are you'll end up in a fight ...   :shock1: