Windshield crack /insurance?

Chongalulu

A 25 centimeter crack from the bottom corner drivers side at 45 degree angle has appeared on my just under 3 year old Isuzu pickup. It’s not critical obviously so wondered where to have it replaced (Isuzu dealer?)and whether if /what effect claiming on first class insurance  with Mueang Thai has. I could leave it until after 21st March when I’ve renewed my insurance if that may help in not affecting the imminent  renewal premium ? The windshield also has 3m (40% tint) film from the dealer from new which I obviously want included (maybe slightly darker as I find it a bit lacking in shade and it doesn’t effect night Vision?).

I do favour using the Isuzu dealer here in Phimai who was original supplier,all things being equal,as there is less chance of having dodgy work and inferior parts used,but welcome informed opinion thank you. Phimai is 60 kilometres from Korat.

Had to have my W/S renewed on my old Fortuner. They Toyota didn't do same, they sent me to a repair place. Did it through insurance as luck would have it they covered cost without a loss of No claims. Not all insurance cover so could loose your N/Claims best to check first, might be better to pay yourself. All depends how much your going to be charged. Re tint, mine also had a tint they replaced old one with original type, just check first.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, nchuckle said:

A 25 centimeter crack from the bottom corner drivers side at 45 degree angle has appeared on my just under 3 year old Isuzu pickup. It’s not critical obviously so wondered...what effect claiming on first class insurance  with Mueang Thai has. 

The only way for you to get an answer to that part of your question that means anything is to ask your insurer.  No one here knows what the answer will be, how could they?

Archived