14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand

webfact

On 08/02/2018 at 11:55 AM, ferguston said:

Let's have a crackdown on people staying in Thailand with Retirement Visas obtained from agents using fake bank accounts.

It's not fake. It's real. I just CBA running around. I prefer to pay the 500 sovs for a service. Let's have a crackdown on those cheap Charlie's who do their own paperwork and trust a Thai bank with their money in a lump sum.

• Like 1

Too bad the blacks and other nationalities aren't organized enough to raise as much hell as they did against other countries which practiced racism. South Africa certain saw some changes in its apartheid policy after enough foreigners whinged and complained about it. Thailand has traditionally been impervious to criticism. mainly because it hasn't been loud enough and persistent enough. Thailand's "overstay" hysteria is merely a function of their paranoid xenophobia. Overstayers spend money, unlike the situation in other countries where they are leeching money out of the government. A fraudulent "crime" and a fraudulent pretext.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jools said:

Too bad the blacks and other nationalities aren't organized enough to raise as much hell as they did against other countries which practiced racism. South Africa certain saw some changes in its apartheid policy after enough foreigners whinged and complained about it. 

That is a different issue though .

A Country treating its citizens in a certain way is a different issue to a Country treating foreigners who are in that Country illegally .

A Country expelling foreigners who are in that Country illegally is nothing to do with racial issues

On 2/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, sanemax said:

That is a different issue though .

A Country treating its citizens in a certain way is a different issue to a Country treating foreigners who are in that Country illegally .

A Country expelling foreigners who are in that Country illegally is nothing to do with racial issues

Racism is racism. All sorts of things have been "illegal" in past years. Racial intermarriage, integrating restaurants, being Jewish etc. The illegal vs. legal definition is the oldest form of fascism around. Thailand criminalizes all sorts of harmless behavior. They need to be shamed into changing, assuming they have the functioning brain cells to do so.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jools said:

Racism is racism. All sorts of things have been "illegal" in past years. Racial intermarriage, integrating restaurants, being Jewish etc. The illegal vs. legal definition is the oldest form of fascism around. Thailand criminalizes all sorts of harmless behavior. They need to be shamed into changing, assuming they have the functioning brain cells to do so.

Racism - did I miss something? I thought they were simply rounding up people who were illegally staying in the country?

• Like 2

Every 90 days is a bit more often that time to time. Now the wife never has any hoops to jump through or people to pay off, that's what a civilsed country does for you. No bank accounts where you have to say goodbye to your money, just to live in the sun, play will hiv's and risk your neck on the roads. lovey way to live, who did you upset back home one has to ask.
Huh? Are you gloating now that you're back in.. Probably.. A cold.. Rainy. Country? Or is a shade of green.. With envy.. More your problem? Civilized country... Where exactly?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 08/02/2018 at 10:12 AM, PattayaAngel said:

'Black Eagles'?  where do they get those names from?  I guess the US  but,but,but I'm a 'dreamer' defence ain't going to work here.

Thirteen foreigners and one alien.

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2018 at 11:55 AM, ferguston said:

Let's have a crackdown on people staying in Thailand with Retirement Visas obtained from agents using fake bank accounts.

I hope your not Scottish..because you sound more like a grass! What has other peoples arrangements got to do with you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Immigrant crime", indeed. If they spent as much time policing their own thugs, they would have the jails full in no time. The Thai obsession with "overstaying" by people with money to spend is a constant source of amazement.

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

"Immigrant crime", indeed. If they spent as much time policing their own thugs, they would have the jails full in no time. The Thai obsession with "overstaying" by people with money to spend is a constant source of amazement.

they do it with good reason IMO. if you are overstaying and have money then why didn't they sort out a visa of some sort. i think it's fair to assume that those who don't follow simple immigration laws could well be floating other laws and be involved in some kind of criminality

On 2/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, ferguston said:

This is a loophole that has always been (and remains) acceptable to immigration, so I suggest you take your crusade to them directly and raise the issue. Let us know how you get on. 

Edited by lamyai3

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 2:06 PM, eggers said:

Very interesting report!!....didn't have to look far for evidence!!!  At top of article, has ad for Visa service, offering Retirement Visa " No funds needed. No Visa No fee".  Hmmm,  maybe Thai Visa should review some it's advertisers!! 

Immigration works hand in hand with these companies.  I’ve been told 10k would get my extension of stay paperwork pushed thru that day by an IM officer. I declined as I’d rather have my 10k. Spend 20k on a lawyer and yes you can have your retirement etc taken care of.  Its part of the system and it works for those who can afford the yearly expense.  I for one support having options. 

4 hours ago, emanphoto said:

Immigration works hand in hand with these companies.  I’ve been told 10k would get my extension of stay paperwork pushed thru that day by an IM officer. I declined as I’d rather have my 10k. Spend 20k on a lawyer and yes you can have your retirement etc taken care of.  Its part of the system and it works for those who can afford the yearly expense.  I for one support having options. 

Yes money only talks in thailand nowhere else in the world

On 2/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, hansnl said:

Those take care of themselves, mostly.

Only use this route because their income just isn't enough as per immigration rules, but more than enough to live on, often including a family.

Exactly. Their annual spending often  is more than the required 8000k but comes through in lesser units.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, Jimbo53 said:

I hope your not Scottish..because you sound more like a grass! What has other peoples arrangements got to do with you?

Yes indeed he seems a bit obsessed with other people normal and common arrangements. Who would he tout to if he did want to snitch or grass.

10 hours ago, emanphoto said:

Every now and then,a new IM bloke will arrive on ;the scene, everybody with shonky visas will be in big trouble, jailed, Ive seen it before, then , things go back to normal. ie. more of buying visas. It happened at Sadao years ago and I was one of the mugs that got in big trouble. Now, dont do the crime , and no time to do.