Secure parking at Mukdahan for Savannakhet non-o

I need to get a Non-O based on marriage soon, I'm thinking of going to Savannakhet as it's been recommended on here and it's not too far from where I am currently staying with my step-son, about 50km south of Si Sa Ket.  

But there does not seem to be any buses from around here to Mukdahan that I can find. Driving would be a good option as it's only about 230km, but I have a new car on red plates and bought on credit so there is zero chance of being able to take that into Laos .

Is there any Secure  parking at Mukdahanit could leave the car overnight at  while I go to get the visa? 

The alternative would be to do a flight there when I go back to visit the wife in Bangkok but that seems like a lot of extra mileage.

I was there last May and as UbonJoe has already mentioned, you can park  there right before the Immigration. There's an area wit a roof, I guess you don't wanna leave it in the hot sun. 

Make sure that there's no holiday and have enough cash. You can't take baht out of an ATM in Laos, and nobody wants to exchange Kip to Thai baht. Happened to me last May, not quite funny. 

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, tebee said:

This is the area  with a roof I can see on Streetview right before the border I presume?

Any idea of the cost ?

Probably. The car park is covered but I would not describe it as secure. 

It’s been a few years since I parked there overnight and can’t remember the charge, but I think it was about 250 per night. It wasn’t expensive.