Rubbish

Bluetongue

A couple of years ago in the village I live near they introduced a garbage truck and you could opt in for 30 baht per month. For this you got a yellow and a green bin, and collection. As I have a block there I opted in and take my rubbish to the bins they gave me. One colour was supposed to be for recycling, but the first thing I noticed was that this was completely ignored. Most people sell their plastic, glass, cardboard and metal to vehicles that drive round buying it. So both bins were full of the same rubbish. The second thing I noticed was the collection was completely irregular. I think it is slowed by the fact that the garbos go through everything looking for stuff to sell themselves, the only perk in what must be a rotten job. 

Lastly the most perplexing, I've noticed that very often people's bins are chocka with garden waste, yet the plastic bags are thrown on the ground along with the milk cartons, cigarette packets, foam eating bowls and other rubbish. It does my head in. And then they went round putting signs up everywhere advising of a 2000bt fine for littering. The other day on the Highway I saw hundreds of public servants picking up rubbish. They were wearing their military style uniform this day, and it looked quite funny to see the ladies especially in their heels and skirts, carefully bending over to pick stuff up. I think it was because the General was going to be whizzing past. Don't really expect much response, I mean it's all par for the course anyway, just too much time on my hands today. Rant over.

get 10 different coloured bins, with extreme calendar pick up roster, sweat over it and stay on target, even pick bits out from your teeth, into organic orange bin, nuclear bin thank fully never used, all gets dumped into same pile at site and burned or just stuffed into a hole, buy more stuff with credit that you don't have, items that you dont need.