Give us more time to investigate, says Patong Mayor

rooster59

Give us more time to investigate, says Patong Mayor 

Shela Riva

1518253655_1-org.jpg

The thick, dark sewage has spurred complaints from villagers and tourists since yesterday (Feb 9) not only regarding environmental concerns, but also for the pungent smell it has caused in the area. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kepsub has today requested patience regarding information on wastewater released into Patong Bay yesterday, visibly turning the seawater at the end of Patong Beach black, as officials investigate the source of the problem.

The thick, dark sewage has spurred complaints from villagers and tourists since yesterday (Feb 9) not only regarding environmental concerns, but also for the pungent smell it has caused in the area.

“We are not sure yet if it came from our wastewater treatment facility, because it was quite far away, about a kilometre from the wastewater treatment tanks,” said Mayor Chalermluck today (Feb 10).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/give-us-more-time-to-investigate-says-patong-mayor-65926.php#K6BupwIfPEJXH5Zo.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-10

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

We are not sure yet if it came from our wastewater treatment facility, because it was quite far away,......

..... and we have stringent protocols regarding the night time windows for any dumping into the ocean.

Dont worry.its a win win. Tourists get sick and use the thai hospitals and and  ok well just a win.

We will blame it on something just give us a few days and about 10 tide cycles to rid the evidence.

I think they should allow beach smoking as a consolation untill this matter is cleared,  i mean absorbed by chalong.

That picture and response to the problem speaks a thousand words. I don't know where to start.
Nobody would believe this is a world class tourist destination that generates 100's of billions of baht a year in revenue.
Looks like the coast of a Somalia.

What you see is the by-product of corruption. No other way to describe it.
Money gets taken out and nothing invested.
Thailand's tourism industry had a 30 year head start on the neighbouring countries yet it's just lagging behind most of them now.

Nothing will be preserved for future generations as the deep rooted selfish culture won't allow it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archived