Samsung Air conditioner functions 'heating'

notrub

I bought a Samsung AR18KVPDLWKXST model air conditioner unit from home pro in Buriram and they came and installed it in my home.  The cooling function works just fine but when I tried to get some warm air recently that function does not work.  What the instructions say is to select the temperature in the AUTO mode and it will heat or cool as required.  The man at the shop said it is an air cooler conditioner and of course it is only to make air cool.  In the publicity for this unit it clearly states that it will cool to 16 degrees and heat to 30 degrees and any temperature in between.  The hand set is clearly marked with  cool and heat options as well as the auto option.  The temperature selection on the handset reads from 16 to 30 degrees. It is still under guarantee and I want to get it fixed before it expires.  I have been trying to get a technician from Samsung to come and look but they think I am crazy to expect an air cooler to heat.  In other countries I have seen this type of equipment used for heating as well as air cooling.  

Can someone help me about this and to find out why the unit does not heat?  Thank you very much for any help with this.

Can you verify the model number, that the 'X' isn't actually an 'N'

The 'N' version appears as
AR18KVPDLWKNST Wall Mounted Air Conditioner [link TH]

AR7000 Inverter 2016 (R410a) 17,131 BTU  (AR18KVDP series)

Downloads: 

USER Guide Version 1.0 [link] (English actually THAI ) 2015.12.25

Interesting google translation from the Thai Language manual, page 13:

"The Heat mode / d'light Cool function appears on the remote control screen. But not available in this version."

While there are a few wall mount air conditioner units on the market that have both cool and heat functions, it appears this isn't one of them. Nothing in the feature sets I've found online involving the AR**KVPD** series indicates anything other than cooling.

The salesman clearly said it was a cooling only unit and you are reading a brochure that is applicable to an entire range of units. The features on your unit will be different to other countries
If indeed you do have a model that heats (highly doubtful) then it would need no special setting up and would work
Think you might be giving yourself a headache for nothing

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk