Work permit with Non O

My visa extension is a Non O based on marriage. There's a possibility of a job on the horizon.

While I realise I can apply for a work permit with my Non O status, is this accepted by all labour offices, or is it, to use that well known phrase, 'at the discretion of the issuing officer'?

I live up country at the moment, with my extension from the local immigration office. Is that likely to have any effect on an initial WP application, as the labour office will be one of those in Bangkok (I don't know which particular one).

If it comes to the point I do need to apply for a WP, if I'm refused on the Non O basis, I'll have the hassle of applying for a Non B.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

Some employers and/or agents will tell you it is not possible but they are wrong.

When the work permit application is done a copy of your marriage certificate will need to be attached to it to prove the reason for your non-o visa or extension.

The work permit application has to be done in province where your are working.

If you move to Bangkok to work you will need to change your address at immigration.

In additiond to the marriage certificate, you might also be asked for a Kor-Ror 2. This is a form which is supplied by your local amphur. It basically confirms that you are still married. Cost is around 20 baht. It's worth getting it because you know you will be asked for it if you don't have it.

4 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

In additiond to the marriage certificate, you might also be asked for a Kor-Ror 2. This is a form which is supplied by your local amphur. It basically confirms that you are still married. Cost is around 20 baht. It's worth getting it because you know you will be asked for it if you don't have it.

Yes, sod's law coming into force there!

Thanks for the replies.

I've had a work permit, initially with a Non-B extension, but after the immigration officer's advice that it was easier for me to get a 'support thai wife' extension I've had that extension with work permit from BKK Labour Office for nearly a decade. No problems in the support thai wife' extension and work permit combo that I'm aware of.

If I may ask a related question. My 'support thai wife' extension I'm sure used to have a 'thai wife' stamp next to the extension stamp on each renewal but no longer is there a 'thai wife' stamp on recent renewals. Is this something they've stopped doing and what if anything signifies in my passport 'thai wife' extension?

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think that Kor-Ror 2 may only be used for marriages made in Thailand but I'm not sure. We married overseas and use a certified translation of our UK marriage certificate.

You need to register your marriage abroad at the Amphur, you will not get a kor-ror 2 but a kor-ror 22.

And what had said already the non O is even better then the B ...why...by B when you loose the job you loose the visa too...but by O you loose the job but not the Visa O...the visa o stays....in order you need to earn 40k each month.

And remember once you not work anymore the first application is 3 month 400k on the account all other years to renew on the 400k base you need to have it 4 month before applying for the next year on your account.

Thats the small prints stated at option visa O

9 minutes ago, boooker said:

And remember once you not work anymore the first application is 3 month 400k on the account all other years to renew on the 400k base you need to have it 4 month before applying for the next year on your account.

The 400k baht only has to be in bank for 2 months to apply for every extension based upon marriage.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

10 hours ago, boooker said:

why...by B when you loose the job you loose the visa too

Sorry this is not correct, if you have a visa and it's still valid you can stay. If you have an "extension of stay" based on work then yes when employment ends your permissions to stay ends.