Quickest way to change 100k THB into £ to a UK bank account

Hi,

I have around 100,000 I'm looking to change into sterling and in my UK account. I have a Thai bank here and I know I can wire the money over, but they said it would take 5 days and ideally I need it done in the same day or next working day max.

I went to a western union shop and they said it can only be collected as cash and can't be transferred to a UK bank which doesn't help the same plus the exchange rates are pretty poor.

So say if I have 100k in a bank or as cash what is the most efficient and quickest way to get it into a bank account in the UK.

I know it would be easiest if I could find a UK expat who would do a deal or something if I handed the cash and they transfer ed it to my UK account at the same time but I don't know anyone here really.

Edit: I'm located in Bangkok if that helps with shops to go to or anything.

Thanks in advance

Edited by hello55060

my understanding is that thai baht cannot be transferred abroad...one must purchase foreign currency in Thailand first in the thai baht amount to be transferred and then the transfer will proceed with the foreign currency amount...including all the associated deleterious effects of thai bank exchange rates...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

14 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

my understanding is that thai baht cannot be transferred abroad...one must purchase foreign currency in Thailand first in the thai baht amount to be transferred and then the transfer will proceed with the foreign currency amount...including all the associated deleterious effects of thai bank exchange rates...

Incorrect. Any amount can be transferred with correct paperwork. For amounts under around 900k most banks don’t ask the origin of the funds