best men's shirtmaker in town

Mekong Bob

I'll tell ya Bob that nice shirts at 500 baht are swell,  but here in T'land no one gives a damn what shirt you wear, except of course you.  I always shop the numerous 2nd hand outlets, all over town and out on the highways for shirts. Sometimes i find one i really like and pay up to 80 baht but mostly under 50 baht.  Sure i like to spend coz it reinforces my status in the society-rich farang spending cash.  But i also like to try different styles, colors and fabrics since the 2nd hand shops offer countless opportunities to try.

And thirdly, as a retired gent, i do have ample time on my hands to snoop around the various CM neighborhoods looking for bargains, and strange foods.

But maybe you are not retired, have abundant cash and work at the consulate: all good reasons for the 500 baht shirt.

5 hours ago, jonwilly said:

There is a lady in my Condo who will copy ant shirt you provide and does a good job.

She goes down Wararot for material and charges B400/shirt.

I can get her phone number if your interested.

john

For 400 Baht you can buy high-quality Pierre Cardin shirts in Lamphun. They sell for about 800-900 each in Central. I bought 8 different Pierre Cardin shirts and got them for 340 each (thanks to the wife's bargaining skills) about 3 years ago. PC shirts are very well tailored and made from high-quality cotton which is one thing you can't find in the fabric stores in Kad Luang. They were so cheap I picked up a few extras to give as gifts to friends in America (where they sell for about 4 or 5 times the price).

Thank you Elektrified for your polite comment.

I am a BIg Lad and have trouble finding shirts/cloths that are a good fit.

I not a young guy anymore so I am happy to wear  'Unfashionable' gear if it is a good fit, so she is very useful to me for she does quality work.

The lady I recommended works at CM Uni and now is away in her home town as the uni is on 'Down' time.

2 members have contacted me by PM, requesting details and I will send them PM with full details after I have spoken to Condo manager who should know when the 'Older Lady' is due to return.

john

This woman makes everything and to a very high standard (as evidenced by other recommendations on TV)

Her shop details are:

Phim Little Dress

55/5 Moo 14

Wat Umong

Soi 4 Suthep Road

Chiang Mai

Tel: 0884 140528

https://www.facebook.com/phimlittledressshop/?fref=ts

As you come into Moo 14, follow the road, and as it bends to the right slightly, there is a 7-11 on your left. On the opposite side of the road, there is a beauty salon or hairdressers.  Look past it and you will see Phim's sign.

Regards,

Joe

10 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

I'll tell ya Bob that nice shirts at 500 baht are swell,  but here in T'land no one gives a damn what shirt you wear, except of course you.  I always shop the numerous 2nd hand outlets, all over town and out on the highways for shirts. Sometimes i find one i really like and pay up to 80 baht but mostly under 50 baht.  Sure i like to spend coz it reinforces my status in the society-rich farang spending cash.  But i also like to try different styles, colors and fabrics since the 2nd hand shops offer countless opportunities to try.

And thirdly, as a retired gent, i do have ample time on my hands to snoop around the various CM neighborhoods looking for bargains, and strange foods.

But maybe you are not retired, have abundant cash and work at the consulate: all good reasons for the 500 baht shirt.

"snoop around the various CM neighborhoods looking for bargains, and strange foods."

was that you I spotted the other day ,garbage diving in the bins,looking for strange food ?

it looked like a 50 THB shirt you had on,

regards worgeordie

How big of a lad are you?  I wear a US XL, and the XXL shirts at Decathlon (at Tesco Hang Dong) fit me (and they go up to XXXL in some designs).  Not a huge selection, but you can pick up a few cheap (200-400bt- sometimes cheaper on sale, and they've got more expensive stuff as well) shirts if you need 'em immediately.  

Worth a look if nothing else- it's a fun store to browse.

I can't buy dress shirts off the rack. They just don't fit. If I buy one that has a collar large enough to close without choking me, the sleeves hang down 5 inches past my hands, and my wife can fit inside with me. If I get a shirt that fits my arms, I can't even button the chest, yet the waist is like a tent! (OK, these days it's a smaller tent...)  I need to have all dress shirts made to order.  And to look nice, my casual shirts should be custom made as well. I'm envious of the folks who can just walk into a shop and find clothes that fit, but I haven't been able to do that since I was a young teenager.

2 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

I can't buy dress shirts off the rack. They just don't fit. If I buy one that has a collar large enough to close without choking me, the sleeves hang down 5 inches past my hands, and my wife can fit inside with me. If I get a shirt that fits my arms, I can't even button the chest, yet the waist is like a tent! (OK, these days it's a smaller tent...)  I need to have all dress shirts made to order.  And to look nice, my casual shirts should be custom made as well. I'm envious of the folks who can just walk into a shop and find clothes that fit, but I haven't been able to do that since I was a young teenager.

Could try to get your neck a bit slimmer ?

• Haha 1