Don’t expect help

tgeezer

In Hashibang paying the bill

แปดสิบเอ็ดบาทค่า * 

โอ้ มีเอ็ดบาดครับ เดี๋ยว ๆ

So I hand over 100 note plus a 1 baht coin and receive in change 13 baht!

It was all very friendly lots of smiling etc. as I babbled away asking why she didn’t mention it and how stupid I was but afterwards thought that maybe she could have been a bit brighter. 

On further reflection though I suppose making the เอ็ด for หนึ่ง joke was probably lost on her, and she probably thinks that it is not her job to help me with my Thai, I could have looked at the cash register or the bill.  

* She said แปดสิแปดบาท 

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That post makes no sense on an English language forum so could you explain what it's all about?

It makes sense in the Thai Language section of an English language forum if you speak the Thai language this section of the English language forum is devoted to.

11 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

It makes sense in the Thai Language section of an English language forum if you speak the Thai language this section of the English language forum is devoted to.

You're quite right but the forum that it is in is not obvious if you're only reading the post. When I click on a "Popular" topic there's no indication of the forum that it comes from unless, as I now know, I go down to the bottom of the page to check every post's location.  I should have added "to those of us who don't read Thai".

I misheard obviously and what is worse, I probably didn’t say มีเอ็ดบาท but มีแปดบาท !  This topic is more of a reminder to myself, I find that when I am corrected I remember but so often people are too polite to do it, they think that I speak Thai.    

Archived