Foreign manager of Koh Phangan hostel faces deportation for cannabis possession

webfact

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Unless you live under a rock you have met many scientists , lawyers, Doctors, teachers , professors, policeman , firemen, pharmacists, politicians and hippies that all smoke WEED REGULARLY!! 

And my friend told me that quite a few people abuse alcohol and rape, kill, destroy families and friendships. And their own lives. 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems that someone with the right connections didn't want this Guest House competing with theirs !!

No Search Warrant was offered by the Police who simply circumnavigated the law and called up their Military colleagues to force the search... Surely this is not legal and any evidence found is also not legal/permissible?

Disappointed they found a little bit of Marijuana. In the absence of this damning evidence I wonder how long they would have searched until they found a Pack of Playing Cards or a Dart-board etc... something, anything....  

This does seem somewhat whiffy...  I wonder how many neighbouring Thai run companies openly selling this stuff?

some latin : con liced jovi non liced bovi           difference must be

2 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Nice sarcastic comment. I have no preconceived opinion about any race including my own which is Australian! Whether this guy was Aussie, US Thai, NZ etc etc still same comment.

To answer your last statement which was,So people that sell legal drugs, are they "scum" also?

To respond;

• He grew cannabis. My point was what other drugs may he be dealing with or laws to break. Would you grow cannabis in a country where laws change overnight unless there was money to be made. I wouldn't!

Cannabis is a category 5 which is the least harmful drug and so it should be a category 5 otherwise may as well ban alcohol!

• Yes he is scum. I lost not one but TWO brothers and they were in their early 20s due to drugs, So all dealers are scum.  I hope they  go to hell. Especially those in Category 1-2.

How many siblings have you lost to make such an open and bold  so called informative statement?

Umm I don't think Australians are a race dude!  But there are many races that make up your lovely country and make it such a nice place. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Under ARTICLE 44, when used by the military, a search is "legal".  Also a Command Level Police Officer can use Article 44, but usually calls the military, easier that way because military does respond, etc, etc, etc.

Remember, Thailand is under BOTH civilian and military police authority, military is usually used for major criminal operations.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Illegal by who's definition? A corrupt, illegal government that is completely out of step with a changing world? Pot does little harm to anyone. The biggest risk is the the user will lose his ambition. Compared to alcohol the detriment to society is minuscule. Only the Jeff Sessions and the Little P's. of the world continue to pursue these draconian convictions. The only reason why ganga is illegal in Thailand is due to the fact that legalization would make the police franchises less valuable. That is it. It ends there. This has nothing whatsoever to do with morality or character development. Quite the contrary. And to lump a pot smoker into the same category as a heroin addict is just plain old ridiculous and ignorant of the facts. 

The "facts"are that he was found in possession of an illegal substance according to the law if Thailand and will suffer the consequences. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Unless you live under a rock you have met many scientists , lawyers, Doctors, teachers , professors, policeman , firemen, pharmacists, politicians and hippies that all smoke WEED REGULARLY!! 

When I smoked grass I thought everyone did. When I quit I realized how few people use it regularly. 

I'm guessing you are still getting loaded.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

This is ilegal entry and a minor offence. But this is also a you know what government lol..So good luck bro. A Thai did not like your competition. Disgusting work by the RTP

Gee... Illegal entry.... Illegal search and seizure...... Some people have been watching to much US TV I think. 

This is Thailand.... Not TVland. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

guess i dont get out much. never knew we had these sort of farangs living in Thailand maybe you could point me in the right direction as to where all these descent people hang out. maybe Ruby bar soi 6?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Using junkie is insane. You do not seem to be okay with the fact that he's from Lebanon, right? Since when should "pushers' be deported or jailed? Who are the real people, you?

And that in a time where many countries legislated it because they found out that it's nothing that kills. Exactly the opposite.  Sad that you don't see the trees, standing in the middle of a forest. 

Many countries have made homosexuality legal as well.  Go try it Saudi or Iran. 

The pros and construction of weed are irrelevant.  It is illegal under the law of Thailand. Arguments about it are futile. 

Personally I wish it was decriminalised but not legal.... Just a parking fine offence for personal use and possession of a few plants. 

I think legalising will only (eventually)  lead to Government regulation to the point it will be like buying a packet of smokes and become bland and boring with the profits going to the likes of Philip Morris and CO and the ( heavy)  taxes going to the Government. 

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Closing down hostels has a knock on effect for all local business the little Thai restaurants or shops in the nearby vicinity where these hotels must now be feeling the loss of business. Soon there will be a lot of businesses being closed down which in the end will result in an increase in theft / robberies because people need a means of surviving all this is not good for such a small island .

"Closing down hostels has a knock on effect for all local business the little Thai restaurants or shops in the nearby...".

That's very doubtful if what some posters here say about tourist numbers being down is correct.  Those who would have stayed at the illegal places will just book into other accommodation that has so much room.

"Soon there will be a lot of businesses being closed down which in the end will result in an increase in theft / robberies [what?] because people need a means of surviving all this is not good for such a small island.

Nah.

Edited by Just Weird

9 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

No. Not in Thailand because I think the quality is bad. I do smoke it in my home country but when I come here for six months a year  I choose not to. Since it is NOT addictive I can just stop smoking it and there are absolutely no withdrawal symptoms as a handful of posters actually believe there are. Pot is simply nothing like alchohol and tobacco which are the TRUE gateway drugs in many educated opinions. I also don't think you would really know if a majority of your friends smoke or not just like many of my friends and acquaintances don't know. It doesn't really come up in day to day life. 

So you are still getting loaded, but only when you can get high quality bud.

Not a gateway drug...I wonder what percentage of heroin addicts started with weed. Everyone I ever knew...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

No. Not in Thailand because I think the quality is bad. I do smoke it in my home country but when I come here for six months a year  I choose not to. Since it is NOT addictive I can just stop smoking it and there are absolutely no withdrawal symptoms as a handful of posters actually believe there are. Pot is simply nothing like alchohol and tobacco which are the TRUE gateway drugs in many educated opinions. I also don't think you would really know if a majority of your friends smoke or not just like many of my friends and acquaintances don't know. It doesn't really come up in day to day life. 

What is your definition of a gateway drug?

3 hours ago, lust said:

After reading your comment and user name. Oh the irony. Pathetic comment.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Illegal by who's definition? A corrupt, illegal government that is completely out of step with a changing world? Pot does little harm to anyone. The biggest risk is the the user will lose his ambition. Compared to alcohol the detriment to society is minuscule. Only the Jeff Sessions and the Little P's. of the world continue to pursue these draconian convictions. The only reason why ganga is illegal in Thailand is due to the fact that legalization would make the police franchises less valuable. That is it. It ends there. This has nothing whatsoever to do with morality or character development. Quite the contrary. And to lump a pot smoker into the same category as a heroin addict is just plain old ridiculous and ignorant of the facts. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Alcohol is more dangerous than Ganga and kills more than any drug.

Deported for this is ridiculous. Usually takes 10,000 baht or so.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Using junkie is insane. You do not seem to be okay with the fact that he's from Lebanon, right? Since when should "pushers' be deported or jailed? Who are the real people, you?

And that in a time where many countries legislated it because they found out that it's nothing that kills. Exactly the opposite.  Sad that you don't see the trees, standing in the middle of a forest. 

4 hours ago, Green Acres said:

Hilarious! Ganja junkie? So what's it really like to be living in the 1950's? It must be super keen to be a REAL person...

4 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Funny funny shit. "Marijuana junkie".?

He probably should have stuck with the safe drugs, like alcohol, right. 

4 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Now go get back to ur alcohol and Pharma pills

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What absolute inane dribble. Calling a pot smoker a junkie. There seems to be some very basic misunderstanding here. Or maybe you are Saudi? Or Jeff Sessions? What gives here? Why such a fabulous degree of ignorance? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See how many intelligent persons that replied above, in favor for ganja and pot smoking.

The thing is that you can comment as much as you want, and it still makes no differens. The drug he was found to have in possession is illegal in Thailand.
Therefore he should be jailed or just thrown out and banned. That´s what happens when you break the law in a foreign country,

Junkie is appearently a word some of the posters should google. It´means a person addicted to a drug.

If he want to smoke that shit, he should have gone to a country where its´s legal.

So now you can all go to sleep, knowing the facts, and why he is going to face deportation, or you can choose to talk for rubbish.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, catman20 said:

guess i dont get out much. never knew we had these sort of farangs living in Thailand maybe you could point me in the right direction as to where all these descent people hang out. maybe Ruby bar soi 6?

Yeah I don't think many farangs get jobs as "scientists , lawyers, doctors, professors, policeman, firemen, pharmacists, politicians" 

Even if they did, I doubt they would be the spending their free time in Soi 6. Nothing wrong with Soi 6 anyway

• Like 1