Officials refuse to act on vendor motorbikes on Phuket beach

webfact

Officials refuse to act on vendor motorbikes on Phuket beach

The Phuket News

1518754077_1-org.jpg

Motorbikes stand parked all day at one end of Kamala Beach. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: Officials responsible for Kamala Beach say they have been “unable” to take any action against local vendors riding the motorbikes along the beachfront path – and that they will not take harsher action until a formal complaint is filed with the Provincial Ombudsman’s Office, better known locally as the Damrongdharma Centre.

The news came to light after The Phuket News received reports that visitors using the beach are constantly harassed by beach vendors riding their motorbikes and saleng(motorbikes with sidecars) along the beachfront path, which is much needed at Kamala as the local cemetery blocks direct access to the beach for more than 400 metres.

“We have to jump like a rabbit left and right to give way all the time. Yesterday, a huge squad bike pushed his way through the tourists,” one local long-term expat told The Phuket News.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-refuse-to-act-on-vendor-motorbikes-on-phuket-beach-65993.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-16

'Not me Mistah- somebody else's problem'. Usual limp response and lack of action. Whilst there are some places between the cemetery and the MH that need access the big problem is along the cemetery where businesses should not be set up (there are now at least 5 or 6 bar/restaurant tents set up there now). if we are not dodging bikes we are dodging wedding photographers bt no one will get a grip. Any tourist on a bike that beeps at me gets a mouthful back, locals I am a bit more circumspect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phuket Stan said:

Hope that we don't have to offer you  u sympathy one  day as you recuperate from your injuries when one of them hits you when its going full speed

What a ridicules comment! TiT get over it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tilacme said:

There is an unwritten rule that thais have a right to make a living, which legitimises many selang vendors in ANY foot traffic location.  I am on the side that this is a good thing.

thats probably the only rule that thais follow, mind you it does involve money

Edited by cookieqw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1