Red Lanterns Not Hung To Fix Junta Bad Luck: Govt

webfact

Red Lanterns Not Hung To Fix Junta Bad Luck: Govt

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%82%E0%  

Government House staff decorate the building with Chinese red lanterns on Thursday

BANGKOK — The government would like to clarify something: No, the lucky red lanterns placed Thursday afternoon at the prime minister’s office are not meant to deflect bad mojo brought down by the breaking of a lucky lotus bowl.

What some are calling an attempt to reverse bad fortune, deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam maintained the lanterns are strictly for observing Chinese New Year, which began Thursday and will peak Saturday.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/02/16/red-lanterns-not-hung-fix-junta-bad-luck-govt/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-02-16

The first one to smell a fart is usually the one who wields it.

Nice try DPM, nobody would have cared about the broken vase until you brought it up.

I'm sure the majority of Thailand knows that it's Chinese New Year and don't really care about your superstitions anyway.

Now where's the real story, like the 5 hour immigration queue at Swampy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The government would like to clarify something: No, the lucky red lanterns placed Thursday afternoon at the prime minister’s office are not meant to deflect bad mojo brought down by the breaking of a lucky lotus bowl.

no limit to their foolishness and their , by their own accounts, dependence on thai ignorance and clinging to groundless superstitions

On 2/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, coulson said:

The first one to smell a fart is usually the one who wields it.

Nice try DPM, nobody would have cared about the broken vase until you brought it up.

I'm sure the majority of Thailand knows that it's Chinese New Year and don't really care about your superstitions anyway.

Now where's the real story, like the 5 hour immigration queue at Swampy

5  hour real story at immigration at swampy...pray tell I'm bored and have all night.

I've had a couple of delays up to 1.5 hours....5 hours never!!!

Do tell.

57 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

5  hour real story at immigration at swampy...pray tell I'm bored and have all night.

Do tell.

I'm talking about the inevitable one for this time of year, with a record number of tourists will come a record problem, it's one thing they are consistent with.

http://www.asiaone.com/asia/bangkok-airport-under-fire-after-5-hour-queues

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Do tell.

Because 200.000 chinese are arriving tomollow.

I've been in the qeueu at swampy for over 3 hours...many things happened, chinese being yelled at (for qeueu jumping) and personally brought back to the end of the line by the IO....another one made a picture of the qeueu and had to delete that on the spot, she refused and got arrested.

Many travellers were in panic since there were no ballpoints availlable for the paperwork..

It will happen again tomorrow i think...

• Like 1