Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie bound biker stranded in Thailand talks to Thaivisa after being dumped off plane in Bangkok

rooster59

On 2/19/2018 at 3:56 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

Members of outlaw motorcycle gangs should not be allowed into Thailand. If they are, they should be made stay within the confines of Pattaya where the rest of the world's criminal rejects/perverts reside, along with the prostitutes and criminals of Thailand. OK, I know there is 1 % that are there for the nice beach.

At least you have been respectful to the many decent law abiding expat's in Pattaya, well done! Respect is off coarse reciprocal!

As someone who goes to Pattaya to play golf wondering where I fit into your view of Pattaya visitors, pervert or could include a new "insult" masochist? that would be fitting.

Have a lovely day!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Which is why I stated earlier that they should get citizenship WITHOUT committing fraud.  

As part of getting citizenship (current) (through the Pledge of Commitment) you pledge (as part of citizenship) to be loyal to Australia and it's people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey".  If you took that pledge and at that time you were an enemy agent (ISIS, Al Qaeda, Red Brigade etc.) whose stated aims are contrary to the pledge then you are getting citizenship fraudulently.  If you falsify documents, you are getting citizenship fraudulently.  Any benefits received through fraud should be legally able to be removed.

which leaves only one question.  Why are so many citizens living in Thailand?

• Like 1

Of course not - he cannot make Reference to an Income which require him to be back in Australia and work....

It is as well stated in the article that he is running out of Money which again confirms that he didnt have 800k/thb in a bank acount.

So, he did NOT qualify for neither of the 2 options (800k/thb in bank or 65k/thb Income).....
But if he paid an Australian lawyer $2k to get his visa, then it was probably not done in Thailand, but thru an embassy or consulate in Australia, where you do not have to show 800k baht in a Thai bank account , just an amount in an Oz bank..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

But if he paid an Australian lawyer $2k to get his visa, then it was probably not done in Thailand, but thru an embassy or consulate in Australia, where you do not have to show 800k baht in a Thai bank account , just an amount in an Oz bank..

You got it all wrong.

He did not pay an Australian lawyer $2k to get his visa. He paid $2k Australian dollars to a lawyer to get his visa.

Plus an amount in an Oz bank has got nothing to do with it.

You do not have to show any money for a non-imm "O" visa, it is not until you apply for your 1 year extension that you must produce proof of money.

With the "O-A" visa then he is required to show the money plus have a medical plus have a police report from his home country.

If he has an "O-A" visa then how did he get a clean police report done so quickly

If he is on an "O" visa then he must show the money in a Thai bank account when he applies for his extension.

There is something wrong with this whole case, there are many things that do not add up

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jimn said:

You really are an uninformed nobody who probably has never been to Pattaya. I along with many of my friends have a great life in the outskirts of Pattaya. The city has some of the best restaurants in Thailand if not the world and the shopping and nightlife is second to none. I would rather live in Pattaya anytime than the middle of nowhere or back in the boring old country which is probably where you come from. For the record I am not here for the beach, am not a criminal or pervert. There are certainly no prostitutes in the gated village where I live. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and bashing Pattaya, its getting a bit boring now.

You are right of course but why begin your response with vitriol?

16 hours ago, jimn said:

You really are an uninformed nobody who probably has never been to Pattaya. I along with many of my friends have a great life in the outskirts of Pattaya. The city has some of the best restaurants in Thailand if not the world and the shopping and nightlife is second to none. I would rather live in Pattaya anytime than the middle of nowhere or back in the boring old country which is probably where you come from. For the record I am not here for the beach, am not a criminal or pervert. There are certainly no prostitutes in the gated village where I live. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and bashing Pattaya, its getting a bit boring now.

Do you mind listing some of these world class restaurants? 

Nightlife second to none? I can only imagine that you are referring to P4P, otherwise perhaps you can name some of the venues to which you refer. 

Sounds like a great place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gusincebu said:

Yes  - but based on the information we have he didnt. His trip to Thailand was originally scheduled for 1 week and he was planning to take a flight back home. It was first after the isssues Applied in the airport he was dealing With the 1 yr visa. Based on this fact we cannont create another story in a search for other possibilities...:coffee1:

On 20/02/2018 at 8:14 AM, tingtongtourist said:

You would think a good working class Aussie guys working for many years with family, (and wife probably working), would have savings and does not have to live from week to week?

maybe we soon see him on go-fund me or one of these other lovely e-begging sites.

dont think people will be quite so generous with this character as they was with Graham Briar tho

Why people have to use these sites to beg for money is such a shame. You'd think if you were from one of these rich countries that they could sort ut a temporary loan for you to pay back at a later date. No, they care more about the immigrants than their own.

9 hours ago, nausea said:

Aw, c'mon, if you're dumped out of Thailand you're one of three things - extremely unlucky (like buy an amulet or something), a foreign government is after your ass, or you're just a genuine douchebag with no money.

The 3 are not mutually exclusive, he could be all of the above.

18 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Do you mind listing some of these world class restaurants? 

Nightlife second to none? I can only imagine that you are referring to P4P, otherwise perhaps you can name some of the venues to which you refer. 

Sounds like a great place.

Why would I tell you? Have actually ever been here? Yes it is a great place, sorry if you think it " sounds like a great place". Try sounding it out or maybe you are a grumpy old man who because he cannot go there chooses to post negative comments.

19 hours ago, car720 said:

You are right of course but why begin your response with vitriol?

Yes probably right about that. But I get fed up with the Pattaya bashers on TV who for one reason or another hate the place. My experience is that I find those people who cannot come who chose to trash the place. Where the reallity is they would love to be here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimn said:

Yes probably right about that. But I get fed up with the Pattaya bashers on TV who for one reason or another hate the place. My experience is that I find those people who cannot come who chose to trash the place. Where the reallity is they would love to be here.

You may have your excuses, but you are the one in the one who appears to be bitter and unpleasant.

Odd for a person who claims to be living the life in an exclusive gated community and enjoying the best night life and restaurants in the world.

Instead of naming the places and highlighting it's positives, you appear to taking the wrong road by trying to appear elitist. Unfortunately falling flat on your face in the process.

Here is your opportunity to right yourself.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Yes, I'm here right now. 

The reason you should tell me is that you want to be helpful to fellow members. Otherwise, why are you posting here at all?

Right now, it is you who is looking like a grumpy killjoy posting negative comments, not I.

So let's not drag this thread off topic with too many posts. Just post the info on these world class restaurants.

I love my food and like to eat the best. Unfortunately it means that I have to bring it with me.

I've been to Casa Pascal and Cafe des Amis in the past. 

So instead of just calling people "uninformed nobodies" and "grumpy old men", why not use the time and space to inform us of the best restaurants in the world that are in Pattaya?

Surely advertising them would be a boon to the area. Why so coy now?

When people are afraid to tell you things like world class restaurants in an area -- it usually means they are afraid of others opinions of those same places... because others might not hold places like McDonalds or Burger King in such high regard.

After coming off the road (constant for years and years - never getting back to my actual residence) -- personally, I have no great interest in "world class restaurants" (paid for through expenses :smile: )... been there, done that... not worth the money other than (i.e. it is 100x more enjoyable than a good street food vendor -- i.e. equivalent to your higher price).  I either eat street food, good hole in the wall, or I just cook my own (Thai or Italian mostly).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

When people are afraid to tell you things like world class restaurants in an area -- it usually means they are afraid of others opinions of those same places... because others might not hold places like McDonalds or Burger King in such high regard.

After coming off the road (constant for years and years - never getting back to my actual residence) -- personally, I have no great interest in "world class restaurants" (paid for through expenses :smile: )... been there, done that... not worth the money other than (i.e. it is 100x more enjoyable than a good street food vendor -- i.e. equivalent to your higher price).  I either eat street food, good hole in the wall, or I just cook my own (Thai or Italian mostly).

Indeed. A "world class" restaurant would have to be able to prepare something that I could not prepare better for myself.

I'll go out for a Pizza, since it's not something I can prepare properly at home.

There is something for everyone in Pattaya(apart from decent beaches and water), but trying to sell it as some kind of exclusive and elite resort risks ridicule.

Anyway, the list of world class restaurants and entertainment don't appear to be forthcoming, so I'll bow out and not further distract from the main topic.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...