Maths Olympiad preparation

Nepal4me

My 12 year old son will go to the Asia Pacific Maths Olympiad test on April 7th in BKK.  It is the first step to find Thailands top Mathematicians, who will then go to Singapore to compete with other countries.  I was just notified last evening so I'm scrambling for info to help my son study. 

Ive googled and found a couple of prepatory tests on line as well as iq tests. I would like him to familiarize himself with this type of testing.

He has never had any outside of school math so is really unfamiliar with logic and venn diagram types of questions.  Math is easy for him and he could easily follow the logic of what I found via google but Im wondering if any educators on TV might have some sites worth viewing and practicing on.

"...Im wondering if any educators on TV might have some sites worth viewing..."

Sorry to be facetious, but judging by the discussions over the last week or so you may be directed to what appears to be a popular site, Grindr, by one or two of them.

Congratulations to your son, I hope he goes on to do well.

Thanks for that but Im not sure what grade level it is.  Its been a long time since I studied math but this looks like grade 10 or G12 math.  I cant get a single question and I did have multiple calculus courses in Uni.

For sure my son will not understand these questions, even with the answers provided, its quite impossible.

I would suggest www.cimt.org.uk which has a full K-12 course  with many extras; www.nrich.maths.org . Also search for a couple of blogs by Maths educators, specifically  Don Steward and Mr Barton. This stuff is all in English.

OP, please see:/torrent/8584541/Educator_-_Math_courses

And a special; one where you can create your own worksheets, including answer sheets. If you like a lot of Power Points explaining quite difficult stuff, please page me.  

/torrent/7875968/Schoolhouse_Technologies_Math_Resource_Studio_v5.0.11.0_BEAN

It's the baytype one. 

P.S. Please see attached files, I've got hundreds. 

2-5.pptx

2-6.pptx

2-7.pptx

2-8.pptx

Archived