Mosquito Advice

These things absolutely swarm to me for some reason in Thailand. 

I use all the usual Deet lotions / jungle fever and have even tried Avon skin so soft lotion on recommendation. 

I get bitten on the face/ arms/ ankles and it comes up in big red blotches, usually on nights out. It happens infrequently and not every night but definitely on ever trip. 

Does any one else get effected so much or have any ways to avoid them! 

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Some people find taking supplemental B6 helps.
The other key is frequent showers especially anytime you are hot or sweaty. The mosquitos are guded to you by your body heat.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think evidence shows that fresh sweat doesn't attract the mozzies. However when it starts to dry and turn acrid, it does! CO2, produced by exhaled breath (when sleeping typically) as well as warmth also attracts them.

Back home flies and mozzies refused to leave the car when I opened the window. Here, with air conditioning, they are happy to go.

My wife is the same, they all go for her.
Having all your house windows and doors fly screened keeps most out at our place. Long pants and long sleeved shirt definitely help, and not being out early morning or sun set.
I think if you scratch the bite it makes it worse. I don't scratch, but my wife does and she always ends up worse off.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Archived