Thai Education Ministry joins with British Council for online English tests

webfact

6 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Only 2% of the the British people speak the so called "queen's language". The language that the NES brigade pretends to teach. 98% of Brits speak in their local dialects and it's not English. 

It's the Queen's ENGLISH not language.

3 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

I wanted to teach my Thai step daughter also by Computer But ran into a snag She turned 17 found herself a b/f lost all interest in learning English Lets just say she has other interests now

Same here, except my step daughter found herself a GIRL friend. At least she won't be coming home saying 'Papa I am up the duff'....whatever that is in Thai.

50 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Same here, except my step daughter found herself a GIRL friend. At least she won't be coming home saying 'Papa I am up the duff'....whatever that is in Thai.

yep only thing i feel sorry about is her mother her daughter can pull the wool over her eyes so easy  she thinks her daughter  is doing so well at school.  ha ha  lucky i can understand report cards

50 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

9 hours ago, wanderluster said:

thailand is really going to be in trouble if it gets the brits to help them with english.  the brits cant even speak the language themselves, they have totally destroyed the queens english.

Just for your information, the King's English was originally proposed at King's College,  which is part of Cambridge University, and Shakespeare makes reference to it, so it came about before 1616 and was an attempt to establish a standard.language.  However, it never caught on with "low class: because they never had access to education.  From your writing, which leaves much to be desired, you must be from the States, a country where many people cannot even understand each other either.  Try somebody from Alabama talking with a Bostonian or a one from Missouri conversing with a true "hillbilly."  Who destroyed which language?  By the way, I counted nine errors in the reproduced screed above then I gave up.

• Like 1

From 2006-10, I worked for learndirect, a government backed e-learning company. As a project manager, I assisted in setting up many basic literacy and numeracy programs, as well as ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) for offenders in prisons and the community. This method of learning and testing, through online computer programs, is extremely effective as it goes at the individual learner's pace, can be done in small sections, not long tedious lessons, and is fun. The only problem I can foresee is that the programs and tests will be in UK English and not American English.

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I think it will begin on twelfth night.

Thais probably don't even know who Shakespeare  is but another junket trip to the UK might fix that.The biggest problem still is not the resources to learn English but the teachers they employ to teach it. You can teach any animal new tricks if you have a great teacher who knows what they are doing. You see here school employing Filipino teachers because they pay them lousy wages even worse what they pay Thai Teachers to teach English. These teachers cannot even speak English themselves. So when class starts teacher sits there with blank look on face the kids learn nothing and Thailand goes backward learning English. Hey i dont even need a junket trip to England to know that. I know this because my step daughter has been in English classes at school for 3 years now and she has never had a teacher who can speak English. Only word she ever learnt was "Hello"

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wanderluster said:

thailand is really going to be in trouble if it gets the brits to help them with english.  the brits cant even speak the language themselves, they have totally destroyed the queens english.

I kinda, sorta, like,  wanna disagree with that.