letter documenting income for extension of stay

It stands to reason that you'd need a new one, but I had a vague recollection otherwise that I will now chalk up as a false memory. Thanks for the confirmation of common sense.

And, for US citizens, these can only be obtained in the  US embassy in Bangkok, am I recalling that part correctly? If you live elsewhere in Thailand you have to travel to Bangkok or use the other alternative, the 800k Thai bank account with appropriate seasoning. (for a non-married retiree like myself).

1 hour ago, jerry921 said:

And, for US citizens, these can only be obtained in the  US embassy in Bangkok, am I recalling that part correctly?

You can get them at the embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai. Or at one of the outreaches.

Not hard to plan on getting one since the 6 month rule came out. You can plan on getting it along with other trips to Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, fiddlehead said:

Does anyone know where they are holding the outreach thing next Wednesday in Phuket? 

Date: 14 March 2018
Time 11:30am-12:00pm Town Hall    

12:00pm–3:00pm Passport/Notary Services *Please note the new time* 
Venue: Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Address: 199 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150

Hotel phone:   (66) 7 660 1999

American Citizens are invited to join U.S. Embassy Bangkok’s Consul General Timothy Scherer for a Town Hall meeting before the start of the outreach event.  To participate, please be seated at 11:30 a.m.for introductory remarks and an update on consular services available to U.S. citizens through the U.S. Embassy.  The Consul General will conduct a brief question-and-answer session and be available for limited individual questions during the first part of the outreach event.

More info here: https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-phuket-031418/

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2018 at 4:44 PM, Thanyaburi Mac said:

Wrong.

Check the embassy's www site, they do have an Outreach program:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

SCHEDULE

• UDON THANI: 7 March 2018
  • PHUKET: 14 March 2018
  • PATTAYA: June 2018
  • KHON KAEN: July 2018
  • PHUKET: July 2018
  • UDON THANI: November 2018
  • PHUKET: November 2018

SCHEDULE

• PATTAYA: June 6, 2018
  • KHON KAEN: June 20, 2018
  • PHUKET: July 5, 2018

This is the schedule i find on the embassy web site can anyone verify this for khon Kaen 

On 2/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will accept one that is up to 6 months old. I have personally used one that was over 4 months old.

Been that way since May of 2013. See this: Immigration directive for income letters.pdf

Last year they gave me shit cause mine was 4 months old at Khon Kaen. They said next year needs to be more recent. That is one thing that will always grind on me ,that they just do as they wish in every office.

33 minutes ago, james5121 said:

SCHEDULE

• PATTAYA: June 6, 2018
  • KHON KAEN: June 20, 2018
  • PHUKET: July 5, 2018

This is the schedule i find on the embassy web site can anyone verify this for khon Kaen 

That is the most recent update on the webpage. The changed it from July to June 20th.

32 minutes ago, james5121 said:

Also does anyone know the hours that they will be there?

They will not announce that until later. For the most recent one in Udon it was 12 to 3 pm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, james5121 said:

Last year they gave me shit cause mine was 4 months old at Khon Kaen. They said next year needs to be more recent. That is one thing that will always grind on me ,that they just do as they wish in every office.

Might be worth your while printing off the Immigration Directive and showing it to them if they start moaning again about the age of your income letter next time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Lat time in Khon Kaen it was 8am to 12pm.

I think it will be 12 to 3 pm since that is the hours they had for the most recent outreach in Udon. They have changed the hours to reduce costs. 

No need for an overnight stay to be there at 8am.

• Like 1