Where To Get The Best English Breakfast In Bkk?

Food is one of lifes pleasures Lickey, and supposed to be enjoyed. And a taste of home via some good UK food occassionally is too.

Being a blue eyed blonde I would not lay in the sun. But take your point.

Leaving out the carbs, an Irish or English fry is exactly what the popular Atkins diet suggests. HIGH protein. A breakfast like that stops me eating or feeling hungry all day, just a light snack, like an apple, in the evening.

So many celebs follow the Atkins, Nigella Lawson, Jennifer Aniston etc etc. My gran also said breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and I am beginning to see she is right. Guess it suits some, but not all.

said breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and I am beginning to see she is right. Guess it suits some, but not all.

havent read the other posts, but I definitely second that :D

theres been lots of scientific research done on this...something about the heart needing to jump start its operation after many hours of inactivity..and hence need more energy...else it could even have the potential to go into shock...cant remember the exact details....read it yearssssssssssss ago...was still in my very young teen days :D

and it suits me fine cos I loveeeeeeeee breakfast....infact I love it so much that I eat the typical breakfasty things even at midnight when I get my cravings :o

Food is one of lifes pleasures Lickey, and supposed to be enjoyed. And a taste of home via some good UK food occassionally is too.

Being a blue eyed blonde I would not lay in the sun. But take your point.

Leaving out the carbs, an Irish or English fry is exactly what the popular Atkins diet suggests. HIGH protein. A breakfast like that stops me eating or feeling hungry all day, just a light snack, like an apple, in the evening.

So many celebs follow the Atkins, Nigella Lawson, Jennifer Aniston etc etc. My gran also said breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and I am beginning to see she is right. Guess it suits some, but not all.

I really have to agree with you on that, but never have been a breakfast eater, bit like Mig16 i suppose, i cant sleep on an empty stomach, I usally have some toast with cheese and jam, smorgasbord stlye for supper, it helps me dream!!! , when i wake i dont want to eat for 1plus hours, then its cereal with a banana or the like, back in uk, used to take things like steak and kidney casserole to work and eat midday, the others had cheese sarnis ect, come 6pm i was still running on full while the others were flagging big time, they go home and have a huge meal then lay on sofa farting and burping all night. like you. i would have something light to keep me going till supper time, anyway, hope you find a good place for brekkers,

regards, Lickey..

The Dubliner does a lovely fried breakfast :o

It certainly does.

Here is one more vote for The Dubliner -- AND an equal vote for CAFE-22 in the same neighborhood.

If you like the fry-up at the Dubliner, you can get a similar breakfast at CAFE-22 for about half the price.

But, only about half the atmosphere, too.

And CAFE-22 includes orange juice (small) and coffee or tea at no extra charge at any time of day or night.

The bubble and squeak is a generous portion, but home-fried potatoes are an option.

Eggs can be ordered scrambled, and are quite tasty that way.

CAFE-22 is an open-front, bar-restaurant, and NOT air-conditioned.

Street noise can be annoying.

I would avoid during the peak of hot season, but it's delightful on a rainy day.

The breakfast at CAFE-22 is available until they close late at night.

Given a choice between Dubliner and CAFE-22 ... hmmm ... that's a difficult choice.

Not the same, but both are worth trying.

To get to CAFE-22 the closest skytrain is Phrom-Pong (Emporium) station.

From the intersection of Sukhumvit and soi 22 go South on 22 for 518 meters.

Pass Regency Park hotel on the right.

Pass Imperial Queen's Park hotel on the left.

Pass Grand Mercure hotel on the right (that's the hotel formerly known as "Jade Pavillion")

Pass Admiral Suites hotel on the right.

DO NOT pass Liberty Apartments and DO NOT pass Wilshire Condominium on the right.

CAFE-22 is before Liberty and Wilshire (closer to Sukhumvit).

You can also come in from Rama IV starting in the vicinity of the Davis Hotel.