Where To Get The Best English Breakfast In Bkk?

We are spending more time in Bangkok recently, but have yet to find anywhere which does a real traditional Full English Breakfast. It is not something one would have every day, but now and again it is wonderful.

In Hua Hin Crawfords Irish pub do fabulous all day breakfasts, but now in Bangkok, cant seem to find anywhere where they flip the eggs over (over easy?), and all offer those tasteless organ based frank type sausages.

In my book, a full English Breakfast is eggs, flipped so they are not slimey and the white is fully set, crispy bacon, pork sausages, fried tomato, fried cooked potato (like hash browns in the the US), fried bread, beans in tomato sauce, mushrooms and fried onions.

A Full Irish Breakfast contains all the above plus black pudding and or white pudding (a kind of sliced fried sausage popular in Eire).

Copious tea, coffee and orange juice should accompany the meal. Some hearty souls also eat one or two slices of toast, slipped under the egg(s).

Hope some Brit in Bangkok can help. Thanks!

We are spending more time in Bangkok recently, but have yet to find anywhere which does a real traditional Full English Breakfast. It is not something one would have every day, but now and again it is wonderful.

In Hua Hin Crawfords Irish pub do fabulous all day breakfasts, but now in Bangkok, cant seem to find anywhere where they flip the eggs over (over easy?), and all offer those tasteless organ based frank type sausages.

In my book, a full English Breakfast is eggs, flipped so they are not slimey and the white is fully set, crispy bacon, pork sausages, fried tomato, fried cooked potato (like hash browns in the the US), fried bread, beans in tomato sauce, mushrooms and fried onions.

A Full Irish Breakfast contains all the above plus black pudding and or white pudding (a kind of sliced fried sausage popular in Eire).

Copious tea, coffee and orange juice should accompany the meal. Some hearty souls also eat one or two slices of toast, slipped under the egg(s).

Hope some Brit in Bangkok can help. Thanks!

:o:D:D you cant get GOOD English breakfast/food anywhere in the world.........sorry, but Original English food sucks......except for the Danish butter and Bacon :D:D:bah:

'Oh my cod' on Rambutri street in Banglampoo, does a good English breakfast and is reasonably priced, can get side orders of Black pudding etc...

Has anyone got a phone number/address or map? I am in the UK at the mo, but would like to recommend it to a visitor (friend of mine), who will be in BKK before I get back...

'Oh my cod' on Rambutri street in Banglampoo, does a good English breakfast and is reasonably priced, can get side orders of Black pudding etc...

Has anyone got a phone number/address or map? I am in the UK at the mo, but would like to recommend it to a visitor (friend of mine), who will be in BKK before I get back...

http://www.fishandchipsbangkok.com/contact.php

http://www.fishandchipsbangkok.com/contact.php

I second that recommendation Mr Ting ... they've got these lovely cumberland sausages too .... :o

Its on Soi Rambuttri which is near the famous Khaosan road.... located next to the Rambuttri village inn.

Edited by davidjtayler

Dubliner is pretty good.

However, English Ferang Lady, it could be said that you cant find a proper English breakfast anywhere in Thailand. Nothing ever comes close to a true downmarket greasy spoon in England. That said, Dubliner do a lovley breakfast, but it is not bona fida English breakfast. Only in England can you get that. The sausage and bacon out here never cuts the mustard.

For me, English breakfast consits of;

2 cumberland suasage.

2 lean back bacon, well done

2 fried eggs, runny yolk.

Greeasy, fried mushrooms.

Black pudding

Boiled plum tomotoes (north England) or

Grilled tomatoes (south England)

Bubble and squeak

Toast and butter

HP sauce

1 copy of the Sun/Sport/Mirror

Buckets and buckets of tea

Where in heck did you get the notion that fried spuds are part of a bona fida English brekkie!

And i hate it when Thais offer English breakfast and serve it with frigging salad!!!!!!!

Dubliner is pretty good.

However, English Ferang Lady, it could be said that you cant find a proper English breakfast anywhere in Thailand. Nothing ever comes close to a true downmarket greasy spoon in England. That said, Dubliner do a lovley breakfast, but it is not bona fida English breakfast. Only in England can you get that. The sausage and bacon out here never cuts the mustard.

For me, English breakfast consits of;

2 cumberland suasage.

2 lean back bacon, well done

2 fried eggs, runny yolk.

Greeasy, fried mushrooms.

Black pudding

Boiled plum tomotoes (north England) or

Grilled tomatoes (south England)

Bubble and squeak

Toast and butter

HP sauce

1 copy of the Sun/Sport/Mirror

Buckets and buckets of tea

All that is available at Oh My Cod i think, but not the bubble and squeak. They have copies of the Sun too. They always ask if i want the fried or plum tomatoes. They give you two rashers of Back bacon and two of streaky. And the bacon and sausage is better than most of the stuff you get in the UK.

As always fantastic info, thanks to all. We'll try both Dub and Oh Cod. Agree I hate it when breakfast served with various prety but inedible vegetation.

To whoever asked, my mum used to fry up any left over boiled potatoes to served with Sunday breakfast as they were my dads favourite. Got hooked on hash browns stateside. Never heard of bubble and squeek for breakfast either, is that a Lancashire tradition?

Thanks you brilliant bunch! EFL

Having had both the "English" breakfasts in the Dubliner, and the Irish Exchange, the best one is in Jools' Bar, just down from Nana plaza. It's 230 Bt, and you get as much tea/coffee as you can drink, anytime of the day. Two bangers, two rashers, baked beans, mushrooms, chipped potatoes, two slices of toast with marmalade and butter, and that'll do me! The other two are okay, with one having soda bread and the other potato bread, but personally, I preferred the Jools breakfast. Up to you...

• 1 month later...
Having had both the "English" breakfasts in the Dubliner, and the Irish Exchange, the best one is in Jools' Bar, just down from Nana plaza. It's 230 Bt, and you get as much tea/coffee as you can drink, anytime of the day. Two bangers, two rashers, baked beans, mushrooms, chipped potatoes, two slices of toast with marmalade and butter, and that'll do me! The other two are okay, with one having soda bread and the other potato bread, but personally, I preferred the Jools breakfast. Up to you...

Also on Suk Soi 4: Chequers for an excellent English Breakfast, Finnegans for an excellent Irish Breakfast...

• 2 weeks later...

Dubliner is best by far, so far. Only comment is the back bacon is not smoked and is not crispy. They offer two Irish fry breakfast, the full Irish, (including black pudding) and the the mini, which has everything except the black pudding,and hash browns (order separately).

For those wishing to select the components of their breakfast, they offer a list from which you may construct your own "a la carte" fry. The sausages and chipolatas are genuine, not the Thai version. My only comment is that the back bacon is green (not smoked) and that the fat is not crispy.

This establishment recognises that most farangs dont like their eggs totally raw. The waitresses are familiar with the term "over easy" which means the top of the egg (the yolk) is semi set and not totally raw.

Their orange juice is excellent, before noon you will get a free small glass with your breakfast order. A large (pint) glass is around 130 bt.

I would dearly love the owners to introduce a "smoking only upstairs" rule, as being seated next to a smoker is the only thing which can spoil what is undoubtedly the best Full English/Irish breakfast in Bangkok.

How much was it and how was the Oh My Cod! brekkie??

Dubliner is best by far, so far. Only comment is the back bacon is not smoked and is not crispy. They offer two Irish fry breakfast, the full Irish, (including black pudding) and the the mini, which has everything except the black pudding,and hash browns (order separately).

For those wishing to select the components of their breakfast, they offer a list from which you may construct your own "a la carte" fry. The sausages and chipolatas are genuine, not the Thai version. My only comment is that the back bacon is green (not smoked) and that the fat is not crispy.

This establishment recognises that most farangs dont like their eggs totally raw. The waitresses are familiar with the term "over easy" which means the top of the egg (the yolk) is semi set and not totally raw.

Their orange juice is excellent, before noon you will get a free small glass with your breakfast order. A large (pint) glass is around 130 bt.

I would dearly love the owners to introduce a "smoking only upstairs" rule, as being seated next to a smoker is the only thing which can spoil what is undoubtedly the best Full English/Irish breakfast in Bangkok.

Sounds good all this lovely grub!! so what you going to do next? sit in the sun all day or go work on the farm? this amount of fat, carbs and starch has to be worked off, just heard on BBC world service that there is an obesity problem in OZ, but pls enjoy what you eat and look after yourselves,,,