2018 Husqvarna street bikes

Rdrokit

16 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I would like one like this. But Stupid money here ...

74 HP 145KG

On another thread the GSXR 150 is 130KG - 555

Husky.jpg

Seat/tank = plank of wood.

Horrible IMHO.

Never liked the look of the super moto style.

Just my preference.

Bikes in the OP are much better looking.

7 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Seat/tank = plank of wood.

Horrible IMHO.

Never liked the look of the super moto style.

Just my preference.

Bikes in the OP are much better looking.

No Sweat. Never owned a stock bike in my life, at least not for long.

Would address all the Fugly issues - as always.

Bet it goes good tho' - ZX14 - 1.4 Kg/HP Husky 1.9 Kg/HP

Ferrari F40 2.9 Kg/HP for reference

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Bet it goes good tho' - ZX14 - 1.4 Kg/HP Husky 1.9 Kg/HP

Ferrari F40 2.9 Kg/HP for reference

Weight-HP ratios are always misleading as they exclude the riders weight. Let's add a 80kg rider.

ZX14: 269+80=349kg, 208HP = 1.68kg/HP

Husky Enduro/Supermoto 701: 158+80=238kg, 74HP = 3.22kg/HP

F40: 1484+80=1564kg, 515HP = 3.04kg/HP

Now the numbers look very different for the Husky. And even then those numbers don't tell you much. While the Ferrari and the Husky have similar values, their performance will be very very different.

23 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Weight-HP ratios are always misleading as they exclude the riders weight. Let's add a 80kg rider.

ZX14: 269+80=349kg, 208HP = 1.68kg/HP

Husky Enduro/Supermoto 701: 158+80=238kg, 74HP = 3.22kg/HP

F40: 1484+80=1564kg, 515HP = 3.04kg/HP

Now the numbers look very different for the Husky. And even then those numbers don't tell you much. While the Ferrari and the Husky have similar values, their performance will be very very different.

You have to be kidding...if it that important go on a diet.

I like the 400cc and lightweight, hate everything else. They used to have these bikes in the circus ring, how times change. "Monkey bike" used to be an insult, now it's groovy...apparently.

2 hours ago, AllanB said:

You have to be kidding...if it that important go on a diet.

I like the 400cc and lightweight, hate everything else. They used to have these bikes in the circus ring, how times change. "Monkey bike" used to be an insult, now it's groovy...apparently.

I honestly have no idea what you are on about.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I honestly have no idea what you are on about.

I agree, never heard the term Monkey bike. They look like naked bikes to me. Being called "reto" today but back in the day when I was first riding (early 60's) just about all the bikes looked that way. Don't ever remember seeing a bike back then with a fairing.

I believe it's all about power to weight.  Huskys have been about off road riding in the past.  And they were very good at it.

If they can produce a road going version then all well and good....thus it's called a super motard.

I'd hate to quote a price of one here. Re the seat being a plank...I agree but it does not cost much to  change that here.

I have always envied or looked at for a long time the Aprilia SVX 450 or 550.  Really nice motard and one which has improved with age/versions/models.

Unfortunately with anything imported, tax and duties kill ones purchasing power.

However it's still on my bucket list even if I have to return to NZ.  I'd still love to open one up here on these roads....?

29 minutes ago, papa al said:

...wonder if B489,000 for the 125cc includes a helmet.

And no green book. Guess they think anyone who buys one will only use it off road. I like the 701 Vitpilen but at 749,000 I could buy a car.

5 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

And no green book. Guess they think anyone who buys one will only use it off road. I like the 701 Vitpilen but at 749,000 I could buy a car.

Well it's not a road legal bike. No indicators, mirrors, plate holder etc. So I can understand that it comes without green book. But yea, The 750k THB for the Vitpilen is bonkers. Sure it's because of the import duties but I really can't see them selling even dozens of those. They'll be in a niche of a niche of a niche market in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well it's not a road legal bike. No indicators, mirrors, plate holder etc. So I can understand that it comes without green book. But yea, The 750k THB for the Vitpilen is bonkers. Sure it's because of the import duties but I really can't see them selling even dozens of those. They'll be in a niche of a niche of a niche market in Thailand.

A novelty bike for some rich guy just so he can say he owns the largest single being made.