New British party inspired by France's Macron seeks to overturn Brexit

webfact

9 hours ago, DefaultName said:

No, we voted to join a "Common Market", not the Super-Country that politicians have turned Europe into.

I remember a lot of conversations back in the day being opened by people asking each other: "Are you yes eec or no eec?" pronounced 'eek'.

7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

That's right we joined the common market and being a major player we helped it evolve into what it is today.  In fact Britain was instrumental in many of the policies that make up the structure of the EU.

So there should be no great concerns about disparity of regulations post-brexit then.

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Khun Han said:

Agreed.

Brexit is much too complex for the British Working Classes to have been given the decision whether or not to proceed with it. Which is exactly why the Tories sold it to them as a way of feeding the NHS with hundreds millions of pounds each and every month. Obviously and shamelessly they retracted that BS as soon as the vote came in. On that deliberate mis-selling alone, there is a cast iron case for another vote.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Khun Han said:

So there should be no great concerns about disparity of regulations post-brexit then.

Certainly looks that way with Davis's latest statement where he indicated that the UK will abide by all EU regulations agreed on a trade deal.  Laws and regulations should all be pretty much cut and pasted in UK law.

20 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The simple solution (following your line of argument) is to restrict ALL votes to those with a high IQ.

But hang on, this wouldn't work either as 1) those with a high IQ are as prone to selfish 'decision-making' as everyone else 2) they are only intelligent in certain 'spheres', and are as clueless as everyone else in other areas 3) the outcome of the brexit vote requires a knowledge of the future and 4) the populace would get VERY bad-tempered if their vote was taken away!

No you're missing my point. We have all been well informed of the ramifications of Brexit AFTER the voting. If we had all been informed truthfully BEFORE the vote I would have no argument with the result. When I said "Too complex" for the Brits, I meant too complex without clarification / explanation. I certainly had not considered many things that became clear after the referendum. I think it was all too rushed. I also think that Cameron was WELL AWARE of the mood of the people, and he called the referendum knowing it would go his way - ie Brexit - despite what he said at the time. Certainly the Tory Party collectively is absolutely determined to wrestle free of Europe. I am Irish as it happens, although I was educated in Britain, and had my life saved by the NHS twice, so you can imagine I am very pro British, but more importantly I am still a citizen of the EU, and as such I am free to live and work anywhere in the EU, which would not be the case were I British.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Says who?

Well just every political review show, question time, breakfast TV, Teatime TV, Sunday Paper Review, every Sunday Paper, radio interviews, Today in Parliament, Prime Ministers Question Time...the list goes on. What planet have you been living on dude? Or maybe you restrict your viewing to cbeebies,  Popeye, or Top Cat, and only read The Mail?

Sheeesh!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, dick dasterdly said:

Both sides lied and manipulated the truth prior to the referendum.

But we've been through this ad nauseum on various threads.

You stated that "Brexit is much too complex for the British Working Classes to have been given the decision whether or not to proceed with it." - which is very different to your latest comment "When I said "Too complex" for the Brits".....:laugh:

Can't be bothered to comment on  "I also think that Cameron was WELL AWARE of the mood of the people, and he called the referendum knowing it would go his way - ie Brexit - despite what he said at the time. Certainly the Tory Party collectively is absolutely determined to wrestle free of Europe." - as it's unbelievable to both sides of the argument....

Yes I agree with you now, I shouldn't have clarified my original statement. It turns out (if they are like you) they can not be expected to understand the ramifications. And no, I can't be bothered to respond any further either. Toodle Pip! :)

On 2/22/2018 at 1:03 PM, dick dasterdly said:

Both sides lied and manipulated the truth prior to the referendum.

But we've been through this ad nauseum on various threads.

You stated that "Brexit is much too complex for the British Working Classes to have been given the decision whether or not to proceed with it." - which is very different to your latest comment "When I said "Too complex" for the Brits".....:laugh:

Can't be bothered to comment on  "I also think that Cameron was WELL AWARE of the mood of the people, and he called the referendum knowing it would go his way - ie Brexit - despite what he said at the time. Certainly the Tory Party collectively is absolutely determined to wrestle free of Europe." - as it's unbelievable to both sides of the argument....

41 minutes ago, Shackleton123 said:

Yes I agree with you now, I shouldn't have clarified my original statement. It turns out (if they are like you) they can not be expected to understand the ramifications. And no, I can't be bothered to respond any further either. Toodle Pip! :)

Pretty much says it all, and I agree that you need to say 'goodbye' on this subject as you clearly have even less idea than myself.

"Toodle pip" - really??

I've no doubt you think this is your idea of an elitist insult that shows your superiority, despite obviously not having the intelligence to argue the points raised :laugh:.

Edit - but then again it's obvious that your couple of posts were always about your superiority - cough, choke :laugh:!

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2