Cheapest Breakfast In Bangkok

markah

I just had breakfast at the Irish Xchange in Silom.

2 fried eggs

a big slice of soda bread

hash browns

3 Small sausages

grilled tomato

Back bacon

and a cup of tea

all this for 149 Baht

I going to do that everyday

Jeepers...that is cheap. Are you sure???!!!

Thats what I thought until I got the bill. 149 Baht, its great.

plus they have a new happy hour, 4pm - 9pm half price beer. O'Reillys is going to lose out I reckon.

Its The Irish Xchange on Soi Convent Silom, I had the breakfast there on Saturday morning, its from 9 til 12 everyday, and it really is a good breakfast. I did not know about the new happy hour, thats great, cheaper beer for longer. No wonder O'Reillys is Quiet now.

I just had breakfast at the Irish Xchange in Silom.

2 fried eggs

a big slice of soda bread

hash browns

3 Small sausages

grilled tomato

Back bacon

and a cup of tea

all this for 149 Baht

I going to do that everyday

thats exactly what i dont have when im in los. :o

but everybody to there own thing mate.

hope you got a good hospital policy thou. :D

now here is a good breakfast for you punters.

5oo ml fresh orange juice = 20 baht

rice, vegetables and mixed sea food = 40 baht.

now theres a healthy heart starting breakfast for you and no need to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion. :D

good for the wallet as well.

actually its all good. :o

now here is a good breakfast for you punters.

5oo ml fresh orange juice = 20 baht

rice, vegetables and mixed sea food = 40 baht.

now theres a healthy heart starting breakfast for you and no need to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion. :D

good for the wallet as well.

actually its all good. :o

That is a good breakie, but sometimes its nice to have a breakfast that reminds you of home.

Big C Foodcourt.

Today, the Missus has Khao mun Gai 35 baht, water free, I have that Korean pork, rice and egg 40 baht coffee 10 baht and water free. Always have change from 100 baht between us.

Who says the TAT is failing to attract high quality, high spending touritsts! :o We spent nearly 2,000 baht last week alone!

Edited by Dupont

FOODLAND !

Agree! If you go between 5:30 and 9 AM, the full "American Breakfast" set is 41 Baht!

Thats cheap if you dont mind paying and eating for crap, the Xchange is cheap and good quality, you are not going to get good food in a farang place for 41 baht are you?

FOODLAND !

Agree! If you go between 5:30 and 9 AM, the full "American Breakfast" set is 41 Baht!

This is interesting and I must be careful not to blow my cover.

Many of my friends eat there and most of them would fall into the High Quality Tourist bracket if they were tourists (they are expats) and were surveyed on income and assets etc.

There are some very rich expats eat in here and it says a lot about spending habits amonst those that have a few bob.

A "We didn't get rich, by throwing money away" attitude prevails. Bon appetite and see you in soi 5 again soon.

Thats cheap if you dont mind paying and eating for crap, the Xchange is cheap and good quality, you are not going to get good food in a farang place for 41 baht are you?

I would guess that you have never been to Foodland? It is indeed a farang place- the supermarket carries a lot of stuff that you can't find in other places, and the food in the restaurant is far from crappy.

Unless of course, that you figure any fried breakfast is unhealthy crap, whether it comes from Foodland or the Irish Exchange.

FOODLAND !

sorry mate,

but fried eggs, sausages and bacon is crap food where ever you get it.

it tastes great and is ok once a week, but if you eat that <deleted> every day your doing your self no favours.

That's not Mark Ahman's place, is it?

There are two Marks with Pubs around the Silom area , one is the X Change and the other the Duke of Wellington.

I think one's surname is Cole but wouldn't want to guess which is which.

Cheers

That's not Mark Ahman's place, is it?

There are two Marks with Pubs around the Silom area , one is the X Change and the other the Duke of Wellington.

I think one's surname is Cole but wouldn't want to guess which is which.

Cheers

Mark Cole is at the Duke of Wellington, but I see him at the Xchange most nights.