THAI makes emergency landing at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

It also puzzles me that the Nok Air event is not found in the English language news sources.

File photo: sure, as subtitled.

Quite poor that they didn't find the time to mention that it was an A380(!), the biggest passenger plane.

the Nok Air incident was widely reported on social media with some  good video from passengers of the failing engine

1 minute ago, jhonnie said:

the Nok Air incident was widely reported on social media with some  good video from passengers of the failing engine

I know, but I could not find it in The Nation, Bangkok Post and in Thaivisa it was somewhat hidden in the Isaan news section (as I learned).

I first noticed it in a foreign news source.

30 minutes ago, rossd said:

That is not an A380! The designation of HS-TEG shows that this aircraft is an A330-321.

?

Yes, as I wrote in a later post. The aircraft in the photo is an A330 at Khon Kaen airport.

And the plane that the thread is about IS an A380-800.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I know, but I could not find it in The Nation, Bangkok Post and in Thaivisa it was somewhat hidden in the Isaan news section (as I learned).

Maybe, like with other 'incidents' in different fields, the MoT/TAT took care of it, for the topic not to reach non (local) Thais... The general policy to hide (or in case already published: downplay and minimalise) news items considered 'bad for image' and/or 'bad for tourism' has been common practice for quite long a time already. My Thai wife has told me about so many such items which I had never read about in the english language press/media...

On 2/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, Just Weird said:

Yes, yes...you've already pointed out that sole example from 4 years ago in your last comment and that did not affect passenger safety in any way, endanger passengers or cause the aircraft at any time to be subject to a safety alarm and a subsequent emergency landing.  Did it?

posting relevant links from credible sources that elaborate the rationale behind the international air safety bodies concern rather than depending on my comments based upon recollection is never a bad idea.

your "hearsay comment turned into 1 isolated incident.

fraud related to airline safety  (maintenance) required engine overhauls that were not done is hugely significant as it undermines the integrity and credibility of an airline. if they fudged the required safety work on one airplane why would they not on others?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, KhunBENQ said:

you sound surprised that this incident wasn't more widely reported; i have never seen a photo of an aircraft incident reported that did not at least have most of the images censored to the point that the aircraft in question was barely recognizable. It appears to be a highly sensitive area of news reporting. 

On 2/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, Bob12345 said:

in Europe we get 50% of the paid price back in case of 3-4 hours delay, and all money back after like 6 hours delay ( -> and still get your flight; for free).

I got it once when i flew to dubai and had 6 hours delay in amsterdam.

I got 5 or 600 euro...for 3-4 hours you get less something like 300 euro.

We got a few crappy sandwiches while waiting at the gate which was far too small, the delay was for a boeing A380 with 600 pax and the gate was for a normal plane with 300 pax.

So i had to sit on the floor between loads of crying babies for many hours....no info was given...when i claimed the money Emirates also didn't even reply but after some weeks they suddenly booked me that money.

When i arrived in BKK i asked the Emirates-staff where the claimforms were to claim my 600 euro and they laughed at me like i was an idiot to think i could claim money for a delay...

But this is ONLY if you depart from Europe, on the way back you can't claim it if departing from outside Europe.

• Like 1