Cancer Testing

Moo71

I had lunch with my good friend Al, who has both Prostate and Colorectal Cancer, and we were discussing cancer testing, and when I returned home I checked what was on TV,F and found nothing that summarises most of the tests available, so I am posting a summary of what Al told me, in todays technological world most people are not aware of what is available

Al has had a lot of first hand experience, and under gone all of these tests both here and in India with the exception of nuclear

He comments he believes the only and also most uptodate Hospital in Thailand, as regards both treatment for cancer AND equipment to be the Government Hospital Chulalongkorn in Bankok, which currently is building a new facility to house its Nuclear particle scanning facility, to be opened in the next 18 months

Chulalongkorn is also the top  medical teaching hospital in Thailand, and exceedingly well funded, it is said it spends four hundred times what any other university spends on training a single doctor

Always ask for a disc of the scan so as to be able to give a copy to another hospital, they can also be sent over the internet when acquiring second opinion, best way using Google storage and giving a code to allow others to access a file too large to be sent via the internet itself

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Post edited in accordance with Forum "fair use" policy

The post above has been edited as it was a cut and paste from the Everyday Health.com article here.

Members are reminded of the ThaiVisa's Fair Use policy from the Forum Rules:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.