British dad jailed in Thailand for 'abducting' son who 'asked to be taken away'

rooster59

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Which unfortunately could be a strong negative about his credibility in the eyes of the court.

Guess it´s a lttle bit late to think about that now. Nothing is unfortunate here. Just plain stupid as we are used to on a daily basis.:smile:

21 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

What planet are you living on? These Thai women are not intelligent, but they are sharp as <deleted> house rats. When Thai women marry and decide to live in the UK, they soon meet other Thais that guide them on how to use the UK system to their advantage, they quickly learn all the tricks. I guarantee this woman has plans and is being supported and guided along the way. Hubby doesn`t stand a chance in this case. 

Let this be a warning to other British men that decide to marry Thai women and take them back to Britain with them where they believe they`ll be living in marital bliss with a loyal faithful wife.

But that's not a Thai specific phenomena alone. Just one more proof that you can't buy love. 

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

But as you say yourself "not as expensive as most".

If your ride cost GBP1M, 4 children you never saw again and some jail time ........... you might be a bit less judgemental of other guys.

Nah I don't think so, I see no reason why i should not judge bitter people full of hatred who see al Thai woman as evil without realizing there are many who are not. That would be like agreeing with racists. Sorry no reason not to judge people who are so full of hatred that they tar everyone with the same brush. Even more so as much is of their own doing, with better precautions they would not be in the situation they are and even more so if they repeat the same mistakes over and over again. 

I just can't agree with this.. but everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting note from the Scottish Sun  link in Post #2:

"And after being blanked by his ex, he took drastic action and travelled to Thailand to rescue his son with Sean Felton, founder of charity Abducted Angels, who has also been arrested."

www.abductedangels.org

Just now, jenny2017 said:

But that's not a Thai specific phenomena alone. Just one more proof that you can't buy love. 

Of course you can buy love, maybe not the love of the woman you bed, but you will certainly have the love of any resulting children.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Of course you can buy love, maybe not the love of the woman you bed, but you will certainly have the love of any resulting children.

That seems to go against what you said before about never seeing children again...

2 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Thailand is a signatory of The Hague Convention and as such once the processes are completed, Thailand would have to send the child back to UK. However, lengthy legal challenges are possible and it can drag out indefinitely and if she can argue the case effectively (sometimes perps get away with falsehoods), she can get away with it.

Jodie was however in the wrong to take the law into his own hands and bypass the processes for which he is in hot water.

It’s a dreadful case of possession being nine tenths of the law.

I agree, and given that it is easy to slip across some borders, they needed to plan it better. 

Of course if she had passed away in tragic circumstances that may also have solved the problem. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Interesting note from the Scottish Sun  link in Post #2:

"And after being blanked by his ex, he took drastic action and travelled to Thailand to rescue his son with Sean Felton, founder of charity Abducted Angels, who has also been arrested."

www.abductedangels.org

Same, same???  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/dads-frantic-thai-search-son-7797

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

That doesn't make sense. Sorry. You can't buy love, nor friends. How will you have the love of any "resulting children"? We seem to have a different opinion on what love is...

But you can buy sex. 

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

As the Child had already been living in the U.K. , I'm quite surprised that there were any issues with him returning .

My sentiments exactly!

If he didn't want to go back to Thailand, why didn't he call for help when he was at the airport? 

The story is a little too one-sided for my liking. What's the mother and son's version of the story? Somewhere inbetween his and their stories lies the truth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

I guess he broke the law. He has to go trough family court just like everybody else have to do in most of the countries I am aware of.

Just a sneaky one trying to take an illegal shortcut.

Hang the bastard. I know a Thai woman who had that happen, her French ex abducted her 8 year old daughter back to France rather than try to get custody of the kid in a Thai court. It absolutely devastated the mother, and since Thailand isn't a signatory of the Hague Treaty On Child Abduction, once the Frenchman got the kid outside of Thailand there was no legal avenue open to her to get the kid back.

Edited by suzannegoh

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Nobody can predict future laws.

When I was married in 1970, there was no rape within marriage, no splitting of pensions, no domestic violence without physical damage as evidence, and no 'no fault' divorce. The world moved on, and many of us were trapped by new laws.

Just because you only managed to keep a woman for a year or two, without producing children, doesn't mean all our relationships are so short lived and trivial. If I'd only managed short-time, I wouldn't be that bothered either.

I had long term relationships, but I never wanted kids.. so I made sure I did not get any of them. It seems a bit wrong contact wise that things change.. i mean the splitting of pensions not the other stuff that is criminal law not normal law. 

But I guess when you married in 1970 you did know about alimony and that half of the joint possessions would be divided ?

20 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

All the focus seems to be on the dad so lets face it, it is her child too.      Doesn't she have any rights to keep him, the child, with her?

Of course not - she carried the kid for 9 months - went through birth .

You must realise coming from the West, the father is a vastly superior being , that superiority overarches any rights the Thai mother has.

its not a good situation for the parents or the kid .

What is it with these names ? 

Sad to see the go fund me has only managed to raise £150 

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess your one of those people i described then. The moment you take your personal experience and project them on all Thai woman.. your totally wrong IMHO. That is like blaming all Brits if one beats me up. If there is any hatred it would be for that one person.. not all of a sudden for all Brits. 

Well robblock even when people on here say Thais do this and that, I am smart enough to know that in general that does not literally mean, every single Thai on the planet.  However certain generalizations tend to be true and we know that.  The warnings against Thai women, might be in part due to the types of Thai women that Farangs tend to hook up with or that are generally available to farangs here, and I am well aware of that also, so I can make those differences in my mind. I personally was not meaning to tar all Thais in any particular way but I am well aware that this fact pattern happens quite often here.  Mom takes kid and dumps in a village somewhere and tries to keep kid from father who cares about kid and is supporting kid.

I don't have to have had this personal experience to not want to denigrate people who have had it or who have had other bad experiences.  But there is a large set of people, especially here, who like to basically blame the victim, or do that thing, call everyone bitter and twisted and negative, etc, and I disagree with it.  It is not an empathetic response for one thing.  But I also believe in reality and calling things what they are.  So take it for what you want.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

What total crap. Facts do not equal hatred, which is an argument leftists use when they are losing an argument.

Facts.. how you state it means ALL and that can never apply.. but that is an extremist point of view.. Had not expected any different. 

15 minutes ago, amykat said:

Well robblock even when people on here say Thais do this and that, I am smart enough to know that in general that does not literally mean, every single Thai on the planet.  However certain generalizations tend to be true and we know that.  The warnings against Thai women, might be in part due to the types of Thai women that Farangs tend to hook up with or that are generally available to farangs here, and I am well aware of that also, so I can make those differences in my mind. I personally was not meaning to tar all Thais in any particular way but I am well aware that this fact pattern happens quite often here.  Mom takes kid and dumps in a village somewhere and tries to keep kid from father who cares about kid and is supporting kid.

I don't have to have had this personal experience to not want to denigrate people who have had it or who have had other bad experiences.  But there is a large set of people, especially here, who like to basically blame the victim, or do that thing, call everyone bitter and twisted and negative, etc, and I disagree with it.  It is not an empathetic response for one thing.  But I also believe in reality and calling things what they are.  So take it for what you want.

Now your whole first paragraph is something i can totally agree with. But people here stating things so definite to include all ect. If people would choose their words a bit more careful instead of taring them all with the same brush I would not have a problem with it at all. Words as many or often would much better describe it.

I only denigrate extremists / racists who tar ALL woman or all Thai woman without accepting there are quite a few good woman around and not accepting that guys can be at fault too. I will not stop this as I get bored of people constantly denigrating all Thais or all Thai woman. Do the same for all Dutch or all Brits or all Yanks and you get banned here on this forum. But it seems to be ok to do for all Thais.

Edited by robblok

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

But I guess when you married in 1970 you did know about alimony and that half of the joint possessions would be divided ?

can't be bothered. 'Ignore' is so much easier.

Edited by MaeJoMTB