Changing Schools..Student

baansgr

It transpires my friends x wife hasnt paid the school fees for the kids for almost 4 years. Total almost 400,000THB so not an amount he can possibly pay. The intention was they were to live with him this year and hes already arranged new places in his town but a paper is required from the previous school, hence how he found out about the non payment. His x wife wont even talk to him except for saying he must pay. 12, 11, 9 years old, what can he do???...as said he cant pay as he just dosnt have the money and cant borrow or get from anywhere.

As you mentioned

Even though he must of been giving her the money every yr he has done the right thing.

So the repercussions are hers since she may also have Sole custody 

I'm absolutely amazed the school let the kids continue at the school, as they all seem to have a policy of "no payment prior to term starting = NO class for child "

I know the above fact as I just had to pay

? So what excuse did the mother give 

! The school thought they would mention it to the father after not seeing him for 4 yrs 

It transpires my friends x wife hasnt paid the school fees for the kids for almost 4 years. Total almost 400,000THB so not an amount he can possibly pay. The intention was they were to live with him this year and hes already arranged new places in his town but a paper is required from the previous school, hence how he found out about the non payment. His x wife wont even talk to him except for saying he must pay. 12, 11, 9 years old, what can he do???...as said he cant pay as he just dosnt have the money and cant borrow or get from anywhere.

Someone's lying here for sure.

No way it will go 4 years, they're onto you constantly and even if she said dad's coming to pay soon it would have only gone 1 year max.

Keep digging you'll find the truth

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for the replies, He showed me the invoice, no fees paid since March 2014 which I was amazed at also. He spoke to the school and had confirmation of the amounts. Its happened so no debating why, who said what....the question is, what can he do about schooling as the school require some sort of paper from the previous school.....surely at 12 years old a kids education cant be finished. And yes, even though he has already paid once.....he would pay again but he just can russell up that amount of money. The Mother refuses to talk or acknowledge the problem and frankly may be on drugs so the the kids welfare are paramount here.

The trouble is you need that paper book to register at a new school as I believe because I have to pay about 10,000. Unpaid fees before they released the paper.

I'm not sure if you can register a new school without this paper even so they will want to know his old school and the reason why he left if due to four years unpaid fees they will be worried if they get paid.

To add if the children have been with their mom up to now what right or rights legally does the dad have for the children to stay with him just saying this she may come back and cause trouble.

If the mom can steal the children school fees probably gambled it away there's no knowing what else she will do.

8 hours ago, Apiwan2 said:

The trouble is you need that paper book to register at a new school as I believe because I have to pay about 10,000. Unpaid fees before they released the paper.

I'm not sure if you can register a new school without this paper even so they will want to know his old school and the reason why he left if due to four years unpaid fees they will be worried if they get paid.

To add if the children have been with their mom up to now what right or rights legally does the dad have for the children to stay with him just saying this she may come back and cause trouble.

If the mom can steal the children school fees probably gambled it away there's no knowing what else she will do.

He has joint custody as agreed at the divorce and the kids stay at holiday with him. Yes its worrying what other tricks she may play. I was hoping maybe a teacher or someone that kniws the law could assist advise if schooing cant continue without this paper. Its such a shame that a mother could ruin childrens future like this. The school of course wont helo as they rightfully so want what is owed them. Its a shame to see a grown n man cry when all he has done us best for his kids. 

He has joint custody as agreed at the divorce and the kids stay at holiday with him. Yes its worrying what other tricks she may play. I was hoping maybe a teacher or someone that kniws the law could assist advise if schooing cant continue without this paper. Its such a shame that a mother could ruin childrens future like this. The school of course wont helo as they rightfully so want what is owed them. Its a shame to see a grown n man cry when all he has done us best for his kids. 

Only thing I can suggest is to have the kids live with him, explain the situation to the new school tell them you and only you will have control over payment of fees and to pay upfront for the year.

In addition explain that you are seeking legal advice regarding the paper from the school and hope to have it soon.

Also the law states that kids have to be educated to at least M3.

At least he can get them in school and they will not lose out on their education.

Where in Thailand is he , just the main area will do issan, Bangkok etc ?

Archived