Buying PS Store Cards

akirasan

When I buy a 2,500thb playstation card to load onto my account, does the seller need to do anything to activate it?  Or do I just scratch the panel and enter the code through the ps4?  The local Tesco has no idea and I haven't bought one before.  I noticed the games bought online are much cheaper than going through lazada. 

• 2 weeks later...
When I buy a 2,500thb playstation card to load onto my account, does the seller need to do anything to activate it?  Or do I just scratch the panel and enter the code through the ps4?  The local Tesco has no idea and I haven't bought one before.  I noticed the games bought online are much cheaper than going through lazada. 
Are the games really cheaper what country is your ps account in?

I still use my UK one and the new games are well expensive compared to buying a hard copy. This is also double bad for me because I like to sell them after I have finished playing with them. Have a look at this website they might be cheaper also they have real shops in BKK and pattaya.

http://www.nadzproject.com/th/Products

Also if you are interested I picked up a 2 week subscription for PS plus for 30THB on ebay. There is loads of people selling them they send you a user name and password and you create a new account then make that one your primary and then log in with your account and you are online for 2 weeks then you buy a new one. If works fine for multilayer but none of your free games you downloaded before will work. I picked up a second hand copy of Destiny 2 for 800THB but didn't realise I needed ps plus so did this so I could play it on line without the full subscription.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Maybe a bit late. Bought a PSN 12 month subscription in Tesco Lotus last month and they didn't activate it. So it didn't work when I tried to redeem it in the PSN Store. Missus took it back without a receipt and eventually after much debate with staff and calling managers etc they replaced it with a new one and the missus made sure they activated it. It shows on the receipt whether the card has been activated or not which I didn't know at the time. I complained to Playstation Asia first and that's what they told me to do... Go back to the merchant who supplied it and have it activated.

Big price difference compared to PSN UK 12 month and Thai 12 month. £49.99 compared to 1190 baht. And the games are far cheaper in the Thai PSN store except maybe the big new releases. Also my child is big into Fortnite and the V Bucks are cheaper in the Thai store also...... Happy gaming...

Archived