Chiang Mai Where Which Documents To Get To Be Allowed To Fly Out Of Thailand With My Son Without The Mother

pomegranate

Hello,

I and my son's mother went to the Amphoe, Immigration Office at Promenada, Immigration at the airport, at a subdistrict Municipality to get a letter (written by my son's mother) "notarized" by the administration, a form, ... anything which will clearly allow me to fly out of Thailand with my son.
But we could get nothing.

My son is half Thai, 7 years old, 2 passports.
I and his mother are not married.
I am the legal father (done at the amphoe 1 year ago).

How can we do ?
Help, please.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe mom can come with you to the airport stay there until you fly away ? 

She will.

My son and I will leave from Chiang Mai, having a change at Bangkok, to Paris.

So I still want to have a document proving her consent, in case I would need such a document at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Is there a way to "notarize" a letter (written by my son's mother) at the Amphoe ?

At the Amphoe, they said they can't (but I think they stick to the purpose of the letter, and decided they can't). I think that because I think that I read on the forum that people notarize leter at the Amphoe.

1 minute ago, pomegranate said:

She will.

My son and I will leave from Chiang Mai, having a change at Bangkok, to Paris.

So I still want to have a document proving her consent, in case I would need such a document at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Is there a way to "notarize" a letter (written by my son's mother) at the Amphoe ?

At the Amphoe, they said they can't (but I think they stick to the purpose of the letter, and decided they can't). I think that because I think that I read on the forum that people notarize leter at the Amphoe.

Stupid, I live in BKK and stupidly assumed you would be there too while its Chang Mai topic and they have their own airfield your worried about the second leg of the trip.

I hope someone else can help you but a letter from the mom would help. Maybe Id card copy of the mom with signature. Just get as much documents as you can get.

I hope someone else will come along with more useful information than mine. 

7 minutes ago, pomegranate said:

Indeed, I will have a letter from his mother, and a signed copy of her ID card. But as it is not notarized, it is not a proof.

Thank you robblok.

There is currently a news topic about a farang child taken by his father and farther locked up. Maybe if you ask your question there. There are quite a few people there with experience taking their half Thai kids out of Thailand without the mom being around.

• Like 1

Hi Pomegranate. I was worried about this a few times in the past so got the wife to type up a letter in Thai each time, explaining all, and with a copy of her ID card. But we never needed it. Never asked. Indeed, one time, the son and I were put in separate immigration queues on the way out and the officer never even asked if he (teenager) was travelling abroad alone or not. 

Then again, one Thai friend once (30 years ago) had to fax through a letter to the airport to allow her (Thai) husband to take their son out, but even then a simple letter sufficed. No certification needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMMCB said:

Hi Pomegranate. I was worried about this a few times in the past so got the wife to type up a letter in Thai each time, explaining all, and with a copy of her ID card. But we never needed it. Never asked. Indeed, one time, the son and I were put in separate immigration queues on the way out and the officer never even asked if he (teenager) was travelling abroad alone or not. 

Then again, one Thai friend once (30 years ago) had to fax through a letter to the airport to allow her (Thai) husband to take their son out, but even then a simple letter sufficed. No certification needed.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I will do like that. Letter and a pic.