Arsenal

MiG16

Horrible to watch the tackle on Ramsay - I recommend you look away at about the 75th minute if you are watching a replay. The television companies X-rated it and would not show action replays - good for them. It looked mistimed rather than deliberate (i.e. no red card, but the lad would have wanted to go off anyway - you could tell from his tearful reaction that Sawcroft is no animal).

You wouldn't get the shock horror family reaction (Vermaelen and Fabregas visibly stressed) to a bad injury to a family member if it were Chelsea or Man City playing - too busy thinking about their own next contract and how they look on telly. You would from Liverpool and possibly from Man U.

Lucky we got a penalty - couldn't see us breaking through up until then, despite our dominance. Penalty was dubious - I thought it was accidental handball as they mostly are at such short range - but the unpunished subsequent push on Bendtner was the clearest penalty seen this season, so justice was served in the end. Strange how referees balance up their judgments using afterthought analysis sometimes.

Arsenal are still not quite champion-like, give it a season or two. But the other two are so prone to gaff games and the sub-set of Man C, Pool, Spurs, Villa and Everton are good enough (to take points off Chelsea and Man U) to make this likely to be a season to savour right through to the end.

I'm not sure about Nasri. He runs round a lot and looks busy in midfield but a lot of his final ball goes awry. Good game from Eboue and Song - in fact there were no duff games by Arsenal players yesterday.

Dreadful to see an injury like that. I feel very sorry for Ramsey. Hopefully he wll mak a full recovery.

Could you explain your second paragraph to me, as it appears t be the most ridiculous thing i have ever read on this forum.

You wouldn't get the shock horror family reaction (Vermaelen and Fabregas visibly stressed) to a bad injury to a family member if it were Chelsea or Man City playing - too busy thinking about their own next contract and how they look on telly. You would from Liverpool and possibly from Man U. [Why is it I dislike Man U a little much less than normal this season - must be the re-birth of Rooney as a solid citizen and no Ronaldo!]

Just because a player is earning bundles of money it doesn't make him any less compassionate towards his fellow professionals, Wayne Bridge being a good example, so all in all the comments are a bit out of line :) , funny enough the same sort of comments i would expect from a certain Mr ( i never saw anything) Wenger.

Arsenal 2:1 Burnley

:)

even if I could barely manage to keep my eyes open (home after some rock concert - just in time to watch the game. well worth it!!)

:)

even if I could barely manage to keep my eyes open (home after some rock concert - just in time to watch the game. well worth it!!)

Well migsy you must have missed the 3rd goal then :D

:D

Well migsy you must have missed the 3rd goal then :D

Yep. And the bonus being. That 3rd goal with only seconds to go, got me a whopping 20 points in the prediction league.

I am so glad that Bendtner (sp) was playing for Burnley, or I'd have only got 3. :)

Great to see the boys get past Burnley.

Fab out due to 'hamstring scare'. But the rest of the boys soldier on. Bendtner was a disappointment.

I particularly love Arshavin's goal. Great angle. Great power to the shot. Hope Bendtner can improve and have the same quality as the little Russian.

ohhh oops haha

ohmygosh

how embarrassing

when I woke up again ManU was playing :)

And according to SAF in his post match commemts they were playing supremely better than Wolves!

A lot has been said about Arsene in the last week or two, but SAF's post match quotes were hilarious. What he meant to say was "without Rooney (who admittedly is awseome) we are <deleted> and were lucky to win, due to Wolves strikers catching the same bug that Bendtner was struggling with". Somehow, however, despite looking like he would burst a blood vessel for much of the first sixty minutes his other brain kicked in and landed him on another planet when a microphone was stuffed under his nose.

Arsenal are back to being able to despatch lesser opposition comfortably, even carrying some poor performers and struggling with injuries. Bodes well for the rest of the season - unless Rooney stays fit and in current form, in which case Man U will drop few points also, then squeeze past Chelsea by beating them.

Superb performance by Walcott and Diaby looked back on song again too. Hopefully Bendtner will be chastened enough by his farcical behaviour to stop swanning around the front looking like he has just learnt the secrets of how to get paid without putting much effort in - from that grand master of malaise, Dimitar ('divvy me in - ta very much') Berbetov.

So how you folks feel about your big match with Porto tonight - confident?

This will be the first time i have not supported a BRITISH team in Europe,as i still disgusted by WEngers drunken statement about Stoke city FC.The man should be sued and banned from football.He is DISGRACE with his horrid mouth and will never change until football becomes a nancy boy sport.

The danger of his comments are that,refs will start looking for fouls that arent there and his mind games will continue.

WENGER YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL AND SHOULD SHUT YOUR BIG FAT MOUTH FOR EVER

This will be the first time i have not supported a BRITISH team in Europe,as i still disgusted by WEngers drunken statement about Stoke city FC.The man should be sued and banned from football.He is DISGRACE with his horrid mouth and will never change until football becomes a nancy boy sport.

The danger of his comments are that,refs will start looking for fouls that arent there and his mind games will continue.

WENGER YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL AND SHOULD SHUT YOUR BIG FAT MOUTH FOR EVER

One of the best posts i have ever read on TV. You are to be commended sir. :)

Hulk will steam roll Vermin and Sylvest tonight and Wenger will blame Porto for allowing them to score. :)

Hulk will steam roll Vermin and Sylvest tonight and Wenger will blame Porto for allowing them to score. :)

No doubt he will complain about these terrible tackles too,and how no one loves them,and a big conspiracy.Cant write no more i am filling up,sorry sorry Arenal

FIFA have just announced that there is NO physical contact allowed with Arsenal players during match time. Wenger is also allowed to verbally abuse any official, whenever he wants, regarding any incident whether he saw it or not.

Potless again. Time to pack up your bagettes and fly back to Vichy :D:):D:D

On to tonight's match. I can see Arsenal putting Song and Diaby in midfield, and possibly Rosicky on the left, Nasri in the middle and Walcott on the right, with Arshavin up front on his own.

The back four basically pick themselves, Eboue, Vermaelen, Campbell and Clichy.

Obviously the first goal will have a MASSIVE say in where this ties goes. Losing Fabregas is a massive blow for Arsenal, but then again Porto's record in Blighty is pretty shit. So it could go either way. I hope to be suitably drunk before it starts to numb any pain that might come my way.

5-0 ROUT!

nasris goal, CLASS! nancy boy football, non contact sport! no-one could get near him, they were to slow.

dont know about shutting wenger up, but that should shut you up for a while.

5-0 ROUT!

nasris goal, CLASS! nancy boy football, non contact sport! no-one could get near him, they were to slow.

dont know about shutting wenger up, but that should shut you up for a while.

Yeah Arsenal were good, good Goals, superb Ball retention as usual but <deleted> me, some of the Porto defneding was horrific/shocking/schoolboy/embaressing at best..

No place in the CL with Defending like that & they got a battering because of it..

If Arsenal are gonna do anything serious in the Competition, let's hope they don't draw the English Clubs... :)

FIFA have just announced that there is NO physical contact allowed with Arsenal players during match time. Wenger is also allowed to verbally abuse any official, whenever he wants, regarding any incident whether he saw it or not.

Potless again. Time to pack up your bagettes and fly back to Vichy :D:):D:D

sounds about right to me,you fogot about not getting in their faces too,we are not deserving of that

Thanks for that Katana - probably about all I will get to see of that match. True Sports is a non-event for replays of Champions League and finding it anywhere else is pure hit and miss. I regret to say that I had too much Lao Khao at my wife's birthday party last night and fell asleep before the match started (should give another hook for the boo boys on this thread to draw another Wenger comparison).

I meant to mention how superb Nasri was against Burnley - his flicked/chip set-up of Fabregas (and indeed that goal) was inspired. I have to eat my doubting words of a week ago. Now is a great time for him to find his very best with Van P, Fab and Aaron out.

Let's hope for Bayern Munich next round.

I had a horrible feeling we would mess up last night. Man U fans should therefore be pleased that I have a feeling they will mess up their tie on penalty goals.

PS - Wenger fever is catching - see quote from BBC Sport below:

Late in the game, television pictures seemed to capture captain Steven Gerrard flashing what looked like a V-sign at referee Andre Marriner after the midfielder was booked but both Benitez and club officials have played it down.

"I don't know, I was too far away," was the Liverpool manager's response.

Edited by SantiSuk

I had a horrible feeling we would mess up last night. Man U fans should therefore be pleased that I have a feeling they will mess up their tie on penalty goals.

Sorry, i don't quite understand that part..

What does that mean ??

Where are you from out of curiosity Mate, i always though you was a Londoner for some reason ?

Edited by MSingh

Yes - bit cryptic. I think Man U will lose (extra time then penalties), but I had thought Arsenal would lose last night, so my predictions are pretty worthless and Man U fans can rest easy.

Originally from Yorkshire and Cumberland - Carlisle United supporter home and away as a lad, but have just finished a 30 year career in London (hence the Arsenal support) and no need or desire now to spend the big bucks living in central London. So now I live in Issaan and every couple of months go back to UK (Leeds based) for a couple of weeks to look after family affairs.

Im back :)

so is Arsenal.......

lets see what happens in the quarter finals for CL

and ofcourse west ham this weekend. perhaps i should write to this west ham supporter i know from some years ago .....

2-0 to the arsenal. good result, seeing as they played with only 10 men in the second half. after a dubious decision to send vermaelen off. more worrying though is how they will cope at the back for the next couple of games, while he serves out his surspention.