Arsenal

MiG16

Giroud to Arsenal anyone ?

Now all we need is 10 more defenders and we're complete whistling.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

I think Wenger wants Arsenal to own the majority of the French national side. Already Sagna (when not injured) and Koscielny. Giroud and possibly M'Vila to come?

All a side show to the major signing he needs to make if he can't keep his Dutchman. Three 12 million quid players doth not a 36 million quid plus player make!

Giroud to Arsenal anyone ?

Now all we need is 10 more defenders and we're complete whistling.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

I think Wenger wants Arsenal to own the majority of the French national side. Already Sagna (when not injured) and Koscielny. Giroud and possibly M'Vila to come?

All a side show to the major signing he needs to make if he can't keep his Dutchman. Three 12 million quid players doth not a 36 million quid plus player make!

If Wenger can sell RVP for 36 Million he should not hesitate.

And as for french players, he's had a pretty good success rate with them hasn't he, to name but a few, Henri, Pires, Petit, Vieira, Clichy, Sagna, Koscielny and I.m sure the list goes a lot further. Also a few real disappointments I agree,

Yermaneewai.gif

Edited by yermanee

At this stage of the game (half time Germany v NL) vanP could be crawling back to the Emirates with his tail between his legs looking for a job! Should be substituted by Huntelaar, but will probably be doubled up.

Edited by SantiSuk

RvP's disappointing showing at the Euros and the early exit of the Orange means he can concentrate on discussions with Ivan and Arsene about his future a couple of weeks earlier than expected.

I just wonder whether the traumas of the Euros will make him more inclined to stay in the warm bath of 'home' at the Emirates. If he goes he's probably knocked at least 5m euros off his value over 3 matches.

Interesting fact - Ivan Gazidis is a Mancunian and supported Manchester City from an early age, having been a good young footballer at Manchester Grammar schoool. The surprise for me is that Manchester Grammar allowed football to be played (usually rugger is de rigeur at leading Grammar schools - but then I guess they would never get away with it in Manchester)

RvP's disappointing showing at the Euros and the early exit of the Orange means he can concentrate on discussions with Ivan and Arsene about his future a couple of weeks earlier than expected.

I just wonder whether the traumas of the Euros will make him more inclined to stay in the warm bath of 'home' at the Emirates. If he goes he's probably knocked at least 5m euros off his value over 3 matches.

Interesting fact - Ivan Gazidis is a Mancunian and supported Manchester City from an early age, having been a good young footballer at Manchester Grammar schoool. The surprise for me is that Manchester Grammar allowed football to be played (usually rugger is de rigeur at leading Grammar schools - but then I guess they would never get away with it in Manchester)

Some players can adapt readily to playing under different systems and with other teammates than those he's used too. Others can't.

RVP is one of the cant's.

Remember Henri, when he played with Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira etc. he thrived.

Not so at Barcelona. Same as Messi when he plays for Argentina.

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing RVP go. No one is bigger than the club. Give me players with the mindset of Thomas Vermaelen for example any day of the week.

Rant over

Yermanee wai.gif

Hearing Theo won't sign unless RvP stays...

You might have trouble keeping RVP because after his showing in the euro's Stoke have tabled a bid of Peter Croutch plus half a million and i think Arsenal just won't be able to say no.

• Like 1

Hearing Theo won't sign unless RvP stays...

You might have trouble keeping RVP because after his showing in the euro's Stoke have tabled a bid of Peter Croutch plus half a million and i think Arsenal just won't be able to say no.

Man Yoo will be in for Theo as well....you'll get massive money for him though after England's Euro triumph.....MrRed will be having a word in Sir's ear no doubt! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

massive money no chance not United,i wouldn't allow it!

I hear you can get excellent sushi at OT next season.

And dogs,hot ones of course!

Edited by MrRed

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Montpellier to sign striker Olivier Giroud. smile.png

The 6ft 3in striker is set to join Lukas Podolski in a new-look Arsenal forward line next season, and his impending capture will prompt further speculation about the future of Robin van Persie.

RVP to Man City?

Edited by MrRed

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Montpellier to sign striker Olivier Giroud. smile.png

The 6ft 3in striker is set to join Lukas Podolski in a new-look Arsenal forward line next season, and his impending capture will prompt further speculation about the future of Robin van Persie.

RVP to Man City?

That's exactly what it is isn't it ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Yes Speculation with grounds wink.png

Giroud and Podolski i don't think have signed to sit on the bench do you?

If Arsenal do indeed sign another two strikers do you think RVP will be staying Yermanee? coffee1.gif

Edited by MrRed

Yes Speculation with grounds wink.png

Giroud and Podolski i don't think have signed to sit on the bench do you?

If Arsenal do indeed sign another two strikers do you think RVP will be staying Yermanee? coffee1.gif

If this is the scenario its going to end up an excellent piece of business by Arsenal. i suppose the Arsenal fanbase must be wondering whether any money will be spent on their defense? They must have funds

Wenger sees defence as a weakness....he prefers 10 players who can pass the ball....not even a holding midfielder is on his radar....hence why they will have another trophyless season.

Hope that is on topic enough for the thread censors! biggrin.png

Wenger sees defence as a weakness....he prefers 10 players who can pass the ball....not even a holding midfielder is on his radar....hence why they will have another trophyless season.

Hope that is on topic enough for the thread censors! biggrin.png

They will have Wilshire back won't they?

yep. until he gets injured again at least.

if by selling van persie arsenal could buy podolski, giroud and maybe yann m'vila with that money that would look like fabulous business.

if by selling van persie arsenal could buy podolski, giroud and maybe yann m'vila with that money that would look like fabulous business.

Yes, my thought too. The way its going they will have to be taken very seriously next season. Surely wenger will take the oppotunity to bring in some cover this time. If he does they are going to be very very good. Quite depressing really.

Top four for the likes of us mate is going to be a very tall order indeed. i think i'll have to start bigging up the europa.

Yes, my thought too. The way its going they will have to be taken very seriously next season. Surely wenger will take the oppotunity to bring in some cover this time. If he does they are going to be very very good. Quite depressing really.

Top four for the likes of us mate is going to be a very tall order indeed. i think i'll have to start bigging up the europa.

it is, and i think wenger and abramovich know this. that's why they're rebuilding/splashing a bit this summer.

it is, and i think wenger and abramovich know this. that's why they're rebuilding/splashing a bit this summer.

I think Man Yoo will be worse really...so even things out a bit....but Chelsea are going to be better....no idea yet regarding ourselves or the scousers....it could go either way for both of us depending on spending and managers.