Arsenal

MiG16

Arsenal implosion to be fully underway by mid february with plastic water bottles flying all over the place

That late? I predict more like end of November

You're probably right. same old me...trying to be nice. I'm too nice for my own good.

Bit silly of Wenger to start talking up their title chances because they've just beaten the leagues whipping boys at the library isn't it!

Yep, the more i think of it, mid November sounds right. thumbsup.gif

Incidentally, is anyone allowed to tackle an Arsenal player this season or do we all have to stand back and watch Arsenes beautiful football?

Edited by carmine

Arsenal implosion to be fully underway by mid february with plastic water bottles flying all over the place

Spuds just started where they left off, so they won't even get to November

Cornish humour from the Toadlaugh.png !!!

Cornish humour from the Toadlaugh.png !!!

He seems to know a lot about a bar called Afterskool or some such?

Tell us more Toadie....we don't read much us Scots so pictures please....whistling.gif

I'm sure the Arsenal fans will be interested to hear all about it....tongue.png

quite amazing how before the game Soton were considered a tricky fixture with their close fought losses at established EPL giants Man City and Man Utd - after a convincing win its whipping boys and bottom of the league club.

make no mistake this was a good win for a variety of reasons.

- Not collapsing when Woj played pat a cake with the ball

- Mertesacker showing strength and commanding headers

- Carzola and Podolski growing as a threat

- Gervinho putting his foot through the ball

- An offside line rather than a wiggly snake thing

- Podolski a 100% pass completion

it may all fall apart by Crimbo but to belittle the performance (despite Soton not having their best day) is churlish. Those chances had to be converted and that's something we weren't doing in August.

• Like 1

Remind me who it was who imploded so spectacularly last season Carmine? Two nil up at half time at the Library then your season went into train crash mode as I remember.

Glass houses and stones - pathetic Spuds

• Like 1

quite amazing how before the game Soton were considered a tricky fixture with their close fought losses at established EPL giants Man City and Man Utd - after a convincing win its whipping boys and bottom of the league club.

make no mistake this was a good win for a variety of reasons.

- Not collapsing when Woj played pat a cake with the ball

- Mertesacker showing strength and commanding headers

- Carzola and Podolski growing as a threat

- Gervinho putting his foot through the ball

- An offside line rather than a wiggly snake thing

- Podolski a 100% pass completion

it may all fall apart by Crimbo but to belittle the performance (despite Soton not having their best day) is churlish. Those chances had to be converted and that's something we weren't doing in August.

Many great players were left on the bench today... we will always have options to bring on in the 2nd half of games, if need be.

Cazorla seemed a little quiet this game, but maybe it was because of all the action. Good to see Gervinho is able to finish into the net. Podolski continues to show his skill.

Cazorla seemed a little quiet this game, but maybe it was because of all the action. Good to see Gervinho is able to finish into the net. Podolski continues to show his skill.

Gervinho and Walcott could be beneficiaries of Rvp's move to the Reds. They seemed to be under instruction to 'get it to Robin' at times last year.

Agree re Cazorla, Devlish, but Soton played such a low-line defense it was embarrassing. Acres of space in midfield. Arteta and the defence could get it to the front men with so much ease in the first half that the role of playmaker was redundant.

Tonight and next Saturday will be a much better indicator of the team's progress. I ache for Giroud to do well against one or both of these - he so much looks the part and gets into good positions but then can't shoot for toffee. Mates who have seen him live say that his off-the-ball movement is better than vanPersie and his physical presence draws CMs in, which is why gaps have appeared for other attackers.

A big up for Steve Bould (defensive coach/Wengers no 2) - our best appointment of the Summer.

Going into the Champions League with Wenger elevated to the stands for his petulance I reckon the team (and me) will feel much more confident with him directing events than last year when Pat Rice confided that he hated having that focus put on him. If you don't want to be the number one you shouldn't be the number two in my book.

That said Pat and the team did pretty well without the Prof in last years early group matches

Don't worry, the Prof will be on the blower to SB himself. Pardew didn't even bother hiding it last night.

Yes - I noticed that and thought it strange. Thought the football authorities were cracking down on all contact. Seems daft to impose a touchline ban and then let them go down to the dressing room at half time, use phones etc.

Call me Mr Plod but, I would prefer disciplinary matters to be a bit more rigorous, not the mickey-mouse half-arsed nods-as-good-as-a-wink stuff you get whenever football adminsitrations are involved. It's symptomatic of why you end up with a culture that promotes complete bottoms like Blatter to the top of the pile. Guess that's why I was always the ref and never the player!

Ooh that feels better - must post from the bar more often.

Don't worry, the Prof will be on the blower to SB himself. Pardew didn't even bother hiding it last night.

Yes - I noticed that and thought it strange. Thought the football authorities were cracking down on all contact. Seems daft to impose a touchline ban and then let them go down to the dressing room at half time, use phones etc.

Call me Mr Plod but, I would prefer disciplinary matters to be a bit more rigorous, not the mickey-mouse half-arsed nods-as-good-as-a-wink stuff you get whenever football adminsitrations are involved. It's symptomatic of why you end up with a culture that promotes complete bottoms like Blatter to the top of the pile. Guess that's why I was always the ref and never the player!

It's only a crack down on Wenger. Platini is not Arsene's best friend.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yes, remember when The Special One was dicking about with phones in laundry baskets and the like. Last time AW was "having a chat" with the person next to him who just happened to be on the phone to the dugout.

The FA, UEFA and FIFA are all dicks though, aren't they?

Excellent quick attacking response to the shock of going behind.

Curious lack of ambition from Arsenal in the second half I thought. Surprised they couldnt get their possession football going at all, though Montpellier harried well and tirelessly. Cazorla looked to be operating at half speed but good games from Arteta and Giroud. Very surprised that the likes of Walcott were left on the bench for 85 minutes.

It's unedifying if Wenger is going to play out his negotiations with Theo in public.

Played very well in the first half especially those explosive 10 minutes after going behind but couldn't match the intensity in the second half.

Too many players lost their first touch and ability to pick out a team mate. A better team would murdered us with the gaps we left and the chances we gave through sheer sloppiness. Not the first time we've seen Arsenal take the foot off the gas and pat themselves on the back with a job still to finish.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

How bad is watching football w/out a clock! Surely against Geneva Convention!

Agrred - I lost all sense of time and was surprised (relieved) when it was suddenly all over.

You have to say that Wenger and Bould have done really well at the Arse after losing two very influential players,Walcott will be lucky to get a move to another top club at this rate and will be on the bench much of the next 3 months.

Serious contenders for trophies this season IMO especially if they can get Wilshere back at the new year.

Played very well in the first half especially those explosive 10 minutes after going behind but couldn't match the intensity in the second half.

Too many players lost their first touch and ability to pick out a team mate. A better team would murdered us with the gaps we left and the chances we gave through sheer sloppiness. Not the first time we've seen Arsenal take the foot off the gas and pat themselves on the back with a job still to finish.

I hate the Champions League. The Group stages are all about getting a result and nothing else.

Arsenal obviously have their eye on a bigger game this week, and none of the players want to miss that.

All things told a good result which would suggest we still need a focal point for the attack and a non flappy keeper...

On another note; I like seeing RvP play well and stay injury free but I detest (grudging respect for MU aside) seeing him score in that shirt.