Arsenal

MiG16

And let's not forget it's c**ts like Chelsea and Citeh pushing wages through the roof that has created the problem in the first place.

Biggest load of nonsense I have heard on here. How can it be City's fault that your place charges so much when actually, City is still pretty cheap to go and watch. We had something on here not long ago about ticket prices and City's season tickets are still one of the cheapest in the prem. So go and look elsewhere for an excuse as to why your owners rip you off and stop putting the blame at someone elses doorstep. thumbsup.gif

Take away the billions your sugar daddy and his brother at Eithad pump in to subsidize your club and where would your prices be then? Will they still be as cheap when UEFA's fair play rules come in or will your prices go up to balance the books?

Edited by sumrit

And let's not forget it's c**ts like Chelsea and Citeh pushing wages through the roof that has created the problem in the first place.

Biggest load of nonsense I have heard on here. How can it be City's fault that your place charges so much when actually, City is still pretty cheap to go and watch. We had something on here not long ago about ticket prices and City's season tickets are still one of the cheapest in the prem. So go and look elsewhere for an excuse as to why your owners rip you off and stop putting the blame at someone elses doorstep. thumbsup.gif

Isn't Wenger saying they have to charge those prices to create the revenue to buy the quality level of players good enough to compete against the likes of City and chelsea?

It might be somewhat of an excuse but it certainly isn't nonsense. In order to compete with Roman and your owner we all have to find a way of increasing our revenues and that means bigger stadiums and higher prices.

I also heard the 900 or so tickets that City sent back were gobbled up in a couple of hours but thats slightly off topic i know. Fact is though the rest of us have to try anything/everything in order to compete with the City/Chelsea financial stranglehold in order that Joe Public can enjoy something that vaguely resembles a competitive league.

Edited by carmine

Yes, City did buy big a few years ago and it was us who were getting ripped off as clubs put their prices up if we were buying. We won't do that again and I'm not complaining about that, just stating the point. However, as we all know, prices for tickets were rising fast well before that.

Therefore, I was responding to the post which stated "And let's not forget it's c**ts like Chelsea and Citeh pushing wages through the roof that has created the problem in the first place."

Now I haven't got time to search as I'm off to work but just how long have Arsenal been charging top dollar for tickets? I suspect well before we were bought by the Arabs.

Here you go, just one of many articles. Arsenal the most expensive tickets. Now they haven't won nothing for years, or spent big on players, albeit they have sold many for big bucks. So how can they justify having the label of the most expensive tickets? The London region can't be an excuse, as Fulham, Spurs, Chelsea etc, etc all have the same issues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19922635

Here you go, just one of many articles. Arsenal the most expensive tickets. Now they haven't won nothing for years, or spent big on players, albeit they have sold many for big bucks. So how can they justify having the label of the most expensive tickets? The London region can't be an excuse, as Fulham, Spurs, Chelsea etc, etc all have the same issues.

and the beer in London is way too expensive too.......oh, they lost again, BTW...... byebye Champions League ?

Wenger controls everything to do with transfers, although he does seek Board approval (for not spending much). Come to think of it Wenger seems to control everything at Arsenal. He has once had mystical powers. thumbsup.gif .

First half did nothing but confirm the huge gulf between current Arsenal and past Arsenal. No top 4 in sight. FA Cup will be Wenger's last ditch stand; some/any Cup would probably work for him, as our Yankee absentee 'sports enterprise' landlord seems to be a soft touch compared to the Yankee absentee baseball landlords at Liverpool.

A LINESMAN has waded into the row over ticket prices at Arsenal by telling Manchester City’s Joe Hart and Joleon ­Lescott to applaud fans who had to shell out £62 to watch their team yesterday.

City returned 912 tickets of their 3,000 allocation as fans refused to pay to watch their team in the most expensive stadium in the country. And the ones that did attend were ordered by police to take down banners pleading not to be priced out of their game.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: “The City fans have clearly made a judgment and I feel they have done what they should do if they think it is too much and not turned up.”

Wenger controls everything to do with transfers, although he does seek Board approval (for not spending much). Come to think of it Wenger seems to control everything at Arsenal. He has once had mystical powers. thumbsup.gif .

First half did nothing but confirm the huge gulf between current Arsenal and past Arsenal. No top 4 in sight. FA Cup will be Wenger's last ditch stand; some/any Cup would probably work for him, as our Yankee absentee 'sports enterprise' landlord seems to be a soft touch compared to the Yankee absentee baseball landlords at Liverpool.

To be fair to Wenger he did splash some cash in the summer and i for one thought they were very decent players. Podolski Giroud and Cazorla. Add to that Wilshire being fit and back in the team and i have to say im very surprised at how poorly you are playing. And this isnt a gloating post as i dont think the points difference between us gives me any right to gloat. Well, not yet anyway! biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Yes, you keep falling for this fuc_king nonsense.

The most expensive matchday ticket in the division is at Arsenal, with some seats for the club's top category games costing £126.

Tickets for most games start from 25 quid.

We charge about the same for Man City games as Citeh do for Arsenal games (62 and 57 quid respectively).

So stop your rubbish man.

biggrin.png

The most expensive matchday ticket in the division is at Arsenal, with some seats for the club's top category games costing £126.

We charge about the same for Man City games as Citeh do for Arsenal games (62 and 57 quid respectively).

biggrin.png

I'd have thought going to a Library would have meant you could read. tongue.png It's not my rubbish, I didn't write that article or any of the rest that say you are the most expensive. But carry on with your denial and keep paying through your noses as it's no skin off mine. thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png

I'd have thought going to a Library would have meant you could read. tongue.png It's not my rubbish, I didn't write that article or any of the rest that say you are the most expensive. But carry on with your denial and keep paying through your noses as it's no skin off mine. thumbsup.gif

I remember paying 57 quid for a midweek league cup semi match at Chelsea about 8 years ago,nothing new about London clubs thinking they can fleece the away fans

That's strange that, because I thought you wrote this:

Now they haven't won nothing <sic> for years, or spent big on players, albeit they have sold many for big bucks. So how can they justify having the label of the most expensive tickets? The London region can't be an excuse, as Fulham, Spurs, Chelsea etc, etc all have the same issues.

Then again with that level of English I'd be denying it as well.

thumbsup.gif

Now they haven't won nothing <sic> for years, or spent big on players, albeit they have sold many for big bucks. So how can they justify having the label of the most expensive tickets? The London region can't be an excuse, as Fulham, Spurs, Chelsea etc, etc all have the same issues.

thumbsup.gif

You have just taken a quote from a different post. In the post I responded to, you stated "So stop your rubbish man." I was merely pointing out that it wasn't my rubbish. I can only reply to a quote you state in the actual post, I can't guess how far back in your mind you want to go. There are 3800+ posts in this thread, which one are you going to pull out of the hat next time.

And you really don't want to be going down the old 'level of English path', do you?

thumbsup.gif

You have just taken a quote from a different post. In the post I responded to, you stated "So stop your rubbish man." I was merely pointing out that it wasn't my rubbish. I can only reply to a quote you state in the actual post, I can't guess how far back in your mind you want to go. There are 3800+ posts in this thread, which one are you going to pull out of the hat next time.

And you really don't want to be going down the old 'level of English path', do you?

You are slagging off Arsenal for ticket prices, using out-of-context BBC quotes to back up your churlish tirade. Then you go into denial when it's pointed out that you're pretty well talking out of your arse.

Yeah right.

J'accuse.

You are slagging off Arsenal for ticket prices, using out-of-context BBC quotes to back up your churlish tirade. Then you go into denial when it's pointed out that you're pretty well talking out of your arse.

Yeah right.

J'accuse.

I'm trying to keep my responses to you civil but you are really making it hard. I would argue it is you who is being churlish.

Anyway, on topic. I didn't start slagging off Arsenal's ticket prices, I was responding to YOU who stated the following:-

Am I not allowed to respond to that accusation? I responded with a quote from a good source and just one of many. How was it out of context? I'm not on a tirade, I don't care one jot if you lot pay over the odds for ever, as I can't see me ever going to your gaff. However, I will respond to someone calling my club c**ts and trying to shift the blame on them for something I don't believe is true.

I'll tell you what. Show me any article, even one from Vizz will do, that states Arsenal are NOT the most expensive because up until now, I haven't found one.

Grrrr all of you. We lost. I'm upset.

Now go away. Grrrr

On ticket prices I haven't got much to say, as I've not been fortunate enough to have grown up going to live games. I can understand the anger from fans who can no longer afford to go to games. But it just doesn't apply to me. So it's easy for me to say I will remain a fan, cos tickets prices doesn't affect me directly.

Team shirts that changes every year does though.......

On ticket prices I haven't got much to say, as I've not been fortunate enough to have grown up going to live games. I can understand the anger from fans who can no longer afford to go to games.

I'm with you. thumbsup.gif

soccer-fa-cup-semi-final-arsenal-v-stoke-city.jpg

Edited by uptheos

On ticket prices I haven't got much to say, as I've not been fortunate enough to have grown up going to live games. I can understand the anger from fans who can no longer afford to go to games.

Getting back to the sensitive subject of ticket prices i note that admittance on the ticket was 70p in 1972 yet on the man City photo supplied by Stevie the price of admittance was only 20p in 1973.

Arsenal football club. Ripping off football fans for over forty years clap2.gif

Getting back to the sensitive subject of ticket prices i note that admittance on the ticket was 70p in 1972 yet on the man City photo supplied by Stevie the price of admittance was only 20p in 1973.

Arsenal football club. Ripping off football fans for over forty years clap2.gif

Actually in the 80's it was 50p and you could walk in most weeks.

David Dein bought control of the club for 300,000 quid. It's now valued at over one billion. The stadium project cost about 350 million.

It was supposed to be a 15 year project and Wenger (and the prawn sandwich ring) have paid it off in less than 9.

So now he's got no excuse not to buy some decent &lt;deleted&gt; players!