Arsenal

MiG16

I think the Gooners are overreacting a bit. Arsenal should definitely have brought in some new talent, but otherwise are the same club that placed fourth. Wilshere and Ramsey are healthy. They could use a defensive stopper and another forward. They still have some on the wounded list, but you can't predict those. Monreal back soon.

They didn't respond as well as liked to the rugby pressure of Villa, but that won't happen every game, and they won't be down to 10 men every game either.

mate when u lose pre opening game AT HOME to last seasons.strugglers and not only lose but the results stops just short of a hammering LOL .common sense goes right out the window .!!!!! oh am i so desperately pissed that i cant use smileys on this phone !!!!!!

I am absolutely loving this.... Come on you gooners get yer <deleted> across to Turkey and support your team. I reckon a tidy 3-0 home win should warm your Board up a bit.....lol

Isn't there a FIFA/court ruling still to be made regards Fenerbace.

Sadly they might well get a ban and Arsenal a pass. What a waste of a CL place that would be.

If it comes to it you would think CL would promote into the competition the best performing team from the qualifiers. Could be on points and goals? Just a thought.
what they shouldn't be doing is dumping the champs lge group failurs into the europa league , but like your good point that's another conversation for another thread .

I am absolutely loving this.... Come on you gooners get yer <deleted> across to Turkey and support your team. I reckon a tidy 3-0 home win should warm your Board up a bit.....lol

Sadly they might well get a ban and Arsenal a pass. What a waste of a CL place that would be.

If it comes to it you would think CL would promote into the competition the best performing team from the qualifiers. Could be on points and goals? Just a thought.

shouldn't it be the next best placed team from the turkish league replacing fenerbahce? and then playing the qualifier against arsenal? that would surely be fairer.

• Like 1

shouldn't it be the next best placed team from the turkish league replacing fenerbahce? and then playing the qualifier against arsenal? that would surely be fairer.

FIFA don't do fair mate.

I think the Gooners are overreacting a bit. Arsenal should definitely have brought in some new talent, but otherwise are the same club that placed fourth. Wilshere and Ramsey are healthy. They could use a defensive stopper and another forward. They still have some on the wounded list, but you can't predict those. Monreal back soon.

They didn't respond as well as liked to the rugby pressure of Villa, but that won't happen every game, and they won't be down to 10 men every game either.

mate when u lose pre opening game AT HOME to last seasons.strugglers and not only lose but the results stops just short of a hammering LOL .common sense goes right out the window .!!!!!

My point exactly.wai2.gif

You know, the grimness of the current situation teaches me how you slags must have felt when you finished fifth (again).

Posted Image

Good to see you are back Chic Coq, you gotta admit, you guys put in a fcukin useless performance. Cannot wait to rub yer nose in it further as time progresses. Good luck tonight, I predict a smidgin of bother. Hope you gooners have your running shoes on.

You know, the grimness of the current situation teaches me how you slags must have felt when you finished fifth (again).

Posted Image

Good to see you are back Chic Coq, you gotta admit, you guys put in a fcukin useless performance. Cannot wait to rub yer nose in it further as time progresses. Good luck tonight, I predict a smidgin of bother. Hope you gooners have your running shoes on.

post-63176-13770690641819_thumb.jpg

biggrin.png

bloody hell Chicoq, just think what it must feel like not having won the league, let alone the double for all those years ?

come to think of it do you think any of the spuds on this forum were actually born way back then ? whistling.gifbiggrin.png

^ er don't you think you spuds are getting a bit over excited and carried away ?

you need to calm down or you'll give yourselves a nose bleed ! wink.png

now i finally know why there is such a high post count in the spuds thread ! one bad result for the Arsenal and there's a multitude of extra pages added to this thread.

years of failure and disappointment at <deleted> fart lane and you end up with a thread that has more pages than the new testament. tongue.png

biggrin.png

bloody hell Chicoq, just think what it must feel like not having won the league, let alone the double for all those years ?

come to think of it do you think any of the spuds on this forum were actually born way back then ? whistling.gifbiggrin.png

All what years? I went an awfully long time before we won our first double, and 18 years until we won the league again. Since then, I've seen two more doubles. And lots of cups. And an unbeaten season. And a 49-game unbeaten no team will ever get near.

For Spurs fans, unless you're an old man, you've never seen your team win the league.

And you never will. I want you to remember that on your deathbeds.

tongue.png

P.S. Do you remember when Spurs got relegated? That was f**king funny that was.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Am I pretty desperate for them to spend some f***ing money that's for damned sure!

Chicog's curlers are going to explode.biggrin.png

I figure that man from Togo might help out and City would loan you Sinclair.tongue.png

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

Yeah - must be very disappointing for all the knicker-wetting Spuds that Fernabache never showed up on the pitch. It tells UEFA all they need to know about the guilt levels surrounding their Chairman. I don't expect us to have to play the second leg!

And for all that tosh about it being unfair that Arsenal will almost inevitably get a bye - so you guys think it's fairer that a team should now have to play another two games against a late substitute do you? UEFA cannot eliminate the Turks until their lower level appeal has run it's course - natural legal fairness; to postpone the first leg and wait for that appeal on Wednesday and then insist that Arsenal play two back to back games is unfair. To decide now that the tie is voided so Arsenal have to play another two games is also unfair. Difficult position for UEFA but they took a practical and least-risk route.

Tee hee.

Edit: should have spotted that we do have to play the second tie as it is scheduled for Tuesday next week. Makes even less sense that we should have to play two sets of matches if a substitution weer introduced post-decision.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yeah - must be very disappointing for all the knicker-wetting Spuds that Fernabache never showed up on the pitch. It tells UEFA all they need to know about the guilt levels surrounding their Chairman. I don't expect us to have to play the second leg!

And for all that tosh about it being unfair that Arsenal will almost inevitably get a bye - so you guys think it's fairer that a team should now have to play another two games against a late substitute do you? UEFA cannot eliminate the Turks until their lower level appeal has run it's course - natural legal fairness; to postpone the first leg and wait for that appeal on Wednesday and then insist that Arsenal play two back to back games is unfair. To decide now that the tie is voided so Arsenal have to play another two games is also unfair. Difficult position for UEFA but they took a practical and least-risk route.

Tee hee.

Edit: should have spotted that we do have to play the second tie as it is scheduled for Tuesday next week. Makes even less sense that we should have to play two sets of matches if a substitution weer introduced post-decision.

the most important thing Santi is that the spuds had to stay up till the early hours of the morning just to see a 3 nil demolition of Fernabache to the Arsenal away from home, after spouting off about how much they were going to enjoy it.

hope they are all dog tired tomorrow and the local soi dog wakes them up nice and early with a volley of barking this morning. tongue.png

Edit. wonder if they will be able to muster up enough resolve next week ? whistling.gif

p.s. bit quiet round here innit ? biggrin.png

Without wishing to burst your bubble, Fulham are a better team than Fener.

I am surprised how crap they were. Maybe they think they will be thrown out anyway and their hearts not in it but an excellent result regardless.

Without wishing to burst your bubble, Fulham are a better team than Fener.

I am surprised how crap they were. Maybe they think they will be thrown out anyway and their hearts not in it but an excellent result regardless.

They were rubbish - stars clearly thinking about where/how they were going to engineer a decent transfer away from the train wreck that is Fernebache! They could start by putting their skills on display. To have taken hardly any shots on goal when the opposition is playing most of the match with only one recognised CB (and a gangly slow one at that!) is criminal.

I take some comfort from our performance nonetheless, other than the lack of cutting edge to convert the tippy tappy dominance up front for the first half hour. Considering Wilshere is supposedly not fully match fit I thought he did a bang up job keeping the pressure in their half, working well alongside Ramsey. Sczesney showed in the second half that he can truly be a world class keeper if he can cut out the wild clown moves. Best I've seen him play.

First time I've seen the pubs around me here in Leeds screen an Arsenal match! Luckily there was no Rugby League being shown and the cricket had drawn stumps. So, in a semi-full Sports bar 95% of the punters got round the card tables, leaving me, my Dortmund-loving sister and BIL and a dispirited Celtic fan to watch the game. Not exactly a memorable night outlaugh.png