Arsenal

MiG16

Having Ozil and Ramsey back makes a huge difference. If Walcott was there too it would have been over a lot sooner. Gotta sort these injuries out!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder what Mourinho is doing now while Arsenal fight for 4th spot on the outskirts of Hull

I'll take a guess:

Sulking.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are more of a TWA t than I thought.

If Ramsey plays the last 3 the way he's played the last 2 he might just get YPotY. Hazard is better when he's on full bore, but Ramsey seems to have a controlling positive influence on every game he's in.

Diaby injured again in his first run out with U21 team (yes I know he's 27). No comment!

Vermaelen back available for squad. Gibbs still unfit. I thought Monreal played OK against Hull, but I suspect Wenger will show loyalty to the man who needs to get into the Belgian squad. Personally I think Monreal is more likely to match Remy (maybe he's injured - haven't seen much of him of late) for speed on the turn.

Wenger reports that Sagna talks have stalled - looks like he is holding out for more than the 75,000 per week offered. Looks increasingly like he's a gonna. Let's not sell him to Man C this time eh Arsene?*

Not playing until Monday night. Come on you Saints

Footnote:

Podolski has scored 12 goals in 14 full 90 minute equivalent periods so far this season. Does this make him the Prem's most prolific striker? His strike to shot ratio is 73% (Giroud. king of fluffs. is only 40%! - luckily he puts himself in lots of striking positions)

*Edit - oops - he's on a free of course.

Edited by SantiSuk

Diaby injured again in his first run out with U21 team (yes I know he's 27). No comment!

He has a "slight groin problem" which is probably just a strain considering he hasn't been playing for a year. Did you really expect him to play in a U-21 match then go straight into a shitfight against Newcastle?

Personally I think Monreal is more likely to match Remy (maybe he's injured - haven't seen much of him of late) for speed on the turn.

You might have read about the Hare and Tortoise as a kid, but I'm not sure it applies in football.

Edited by Chicog

Alfie do you think Liverpool would have accepted a 50 million pound bid from Arsenal?

With the baggage he was carrying at the time, the KKK stuff and the cannibalism i'm convinced their baseball loving franchise owners would have taken the money and Arsenal would currently be scrapping it out for the title.

It must really bug them now having put in that derisory offer!! biggrin.png

This cheered me up...thanks carms!

Alfie do you think Liverpool would have accepted a 50 million pound bid from Arsenal?

With the baggage he was carrying at the time, the KKK stuff and the cannibalism i'm convinced their baseball loving franchise owners would have taken the money and Arsenal would currently be scrapping it out for the title.

No chance.

But Everton made it easier for us to stick the old snout in the Champs League trough yet again by scoring two cracking goals and still managing to lose 2-0.

And if we win on Monday it's St. Totteringham's Day AGAIN.

clap2.gif

Yeah. Fat lady is clearing her throat but still chance for slip-ups.

Many thanks to agent Michael Oliver (he was even wearing our away team strip colours) whose curious decisions prevented Everton from getting a foothold back in the game!

Nope - what made you think I thought Diaby would come straight back into the team, Chicog? Merely noting injury position.

Nope - what made you think I thought Diaby would come straight back into the team, Chicog? Merely noting injury position.

"Diaby injured again in his first run out with U21 team (yes I know he's 27). No comment!"

That. There's nothing unusual about feeling a few tweaks after a long time out.

not as much as it does me to think you lot sold your best player and then spent near on 80 million odd quid on half a squad full of <deleted> and then got rid of your manager to boot. biggrin.png

• Like 1

not as much as it does me to think you lot sold your best player and then spent near on 80 million odd quid on half a squad full of and then got rid of your manager to boot. biggrin.png

Wait till the fat lady sings fishface....you should know that by now!

Dunno why the Bar code fans are holding up posters saying "Pardew Out". It just allows the real culprit to deflect attention yet again by switching managers.

Likely new home for Moyesey (yep P45, you called it first). Not enough dosh, great fan base, Everton all over again.

PS - Norwich won't be relegated until we get to them Chic. [Fulham and Cardiff have to both win on Saturday and Norwich lose for that to happen]

Edited by SantiSuk

What favours? They've already been caught doing naughties on the Neymar transfer, plus that dodgy business with Messi's tax.

Maybe you're right, but nothing would surprise me.thumbsup.gif

Summer transfer ban suspended and cleared of any impropriety in the Neymar signing. All markers called in.wink.png

Well, all I can say is what a shame Arsenal got plagued by injuries.

Cos they woulda been right up the top of the league.

Wenger done good seems to me.

Style of play, fragility of players, medical team?

Lots of positives for Arsenal next season I reckon.

FA Cup win would be justice

I fancy an Arsenal classic performance like in days gone by.

Screamers on a sunny day.

thumbsup.gif

Yes P45 it seems clear that we would have been in the mix had we had fewer key injuries - Ramsey, Walcott and Wilshere in particular (Ozil needed the time off anyway and Podolski in truth was not missed in the first half, other than for roatation).

But, I'm not convinced our full squad yet has the balls for the really big games (top 3 UK and top Euros) consistently. Work in progress. Might have got a Prem 2nd or 3rd and should have avoided coming second in the group stages of CL and thereby Bayern.

A world class DM, ideally with great leadership skills would be worth paying an absolute fortune for, but can't say I know of such an individual who's detachable. I'm less convinced now than I was in January that we need a 60 million pound striker though. With fully fit midfielders and the two fast guys (Ox/Theo), I could see us doing well with another striker of Giroud's quality but different style. We also have to keep Sagna or buy an equivalent. The number of times you see teams focussing on our defensive left, knowing that the BFG/Sagna usually have the right sewn up.

I would like to see Wenger get much more comfortable with squad rotation next season (by dint of net 2-3 excellent additions). If I have a criticism of this season he stuck with his best men too many times and substitutions were too often in the last 15 minutes once the result was beyond doubt. Major injuries often happen in the final 30 minutes and to the players who have worked their socks off(my guess - I have no stats to back that one up!).

• Like 1

Yes P45 it seems clear that we would have been in the mix had we had fewer key injuries - Ramsey, Walcott and Wilshere in particular (Ozil needed the time off anyway and Podolski in truth was not missed in the first half, other than for roatation).

But, I'm not convinced our full squad yet has the balls for the really big games (top 3 UK and top Euros) consistently. Work in progress. Might have got a Prem 2nd or 3rd and should have avoided coming second in the group stages of CL and thereby Bayern.

A world class DM, ideally with great leadership skills would be worth paying an absolute fortune for, but can't say I know of such an individual who's detachable. I'm less convinced now than I was in January that we need a 60 million pound striker though. With fully fit midfielders and the two fast guys (Ox/Theo), I could see us doing well with another striker of Giroud's quality but different style. We also have to keep Sagna or buy an equivalent. The number of times you see teams focussing on our defensive left, knowing that the BFG/Sagna usually have the right sewn up.

I would like to see Wenger get much more comfortable with squad rotation next season (by dint of net 2-3 excellent additions). If I have a criticism of this season he stuck with his best men too many times and substitutions were too often in the last 15 minutes once the result was beyond doubt. Major injuries often happen in the final 30 minutes and to the players who have worked their socks off(my guess - I have no stats to back that one up!).

You forgot International Duty....