Arsenal

MiG16

No chance we get to the CL final IMO. Have to say that as a former management consultant the Arsenal board is a completely 'intercoursed-up' construction. The idea of allowing your operations director to take all decisions of significance in the club without any checks and balances makes me shake my head in disbelief. OK you all will no doubt say what the hell did management consultants ever know about anything. Lets wait and see - I say that the new Wenger-reborn era for Arsenal is going to end in tears. Quite likely that there will be chanting "Wenger out" again by the end of the year. For starters - just because he has been given 70 mill to play with does not mean he is going to spend it all and it certainly does not mean he will spend it all wisely. No doubt the 2014/15 excuses are already being formed in the minds of those involved in owning and supposedly managing Arsenal

We've just got 4th place and won a trophy.

Can you stop your <deleted> whinging until after the world cup!

Again.

I was told last night that we've signed Morata with Madrid having a buyback option after two years.

I don't know if it's a good source, but we'll know soon if it is.

He's in for a right shock when he sees the atmosphere at the Library compared the the Bernabeu!laugh.png

Maybe thats why Ozil looks such a depressed forlorn figure hugging the touchline.thumbsup.gif

Not so sure that flies any more given the morgue your place has turned into smile.png

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cobblers pal, we've got more atmosphere at our new training ground

Haha I think you're in denial carmine. It's understandable though, 100m of high expectations getting shot down and all.

smile.png

Actually it was a 9m net profit but don't let your math get in the way.

I imagine you were none too pleased at our new appointment and would have loved that &lt;deleted&gt; Sherwood to have remainedwink.png

Were just pleased you didn't get Van Gaal, Carlo Ancelotti or even Rafa - all proven experienced managers at the top level that some of your supporters delusionally thought would be attracted to the cobbled together article that is the current Spurs line-up.

Not a bad pick from the second tier though and certainly looks capable of making first tier, if Levy gives him the rope (in the non-hanging sense of the word) for a slow start

Do you think he'll do the full five years then? Ho Ho Ho smile.png

How many managers do? However, at some stage the penny has to drop with Levy and he realize its high time to give more time and this is a theme i've read in a few papers over the past couple of days so hopefully he reads the papers too.

Interesting to see whether he's that much better than the likes of Sherwood and can bridge that huge end of season gap of the odd point that has had you deprive us of top four! I think you should be a little concerned.

I was told last night that we've signed Morata with Madrid having a buyback option after two years.

Would be an odd one for Arsene so early in the window. Arsene gets to develop him only for the benefit of RM? Would not fit the bill of being a major proven striker (8 goals in the League and one in the Champions League). Only makes sense if he is very cheap on initial outlay given the buyback, there is still money for another front man and Arsene has decided that Sanogo is not going to cut it, which is quite likely IMO. In a squad of 25 there is only room for 3 out and out strikers.

If it is a flyer then I would be surprised if Ancelotti is really going to go after Suarez and release Benzema. Both front line strikers being replaced at the same time makes little sense.

Other press reports (but only Daily Star, which I assume makes it just a flyer) say we have put in a bid for Di Maria).

Would be an odd one for Arsene so early in the window. Arsene gets to develop him only for the benefit of RM? Would not fit the bill of being a major proven striker (8 goals in the League and one in the Champions League). Only makes sense if he is very cheap on initial outlay given the buyback, there is still money for another front man and Arsene has decided that Sanogo is not going to cut it, which is quite likely IMO. In a squad of 25 there is only room for 3 out and out strikers.

If it is a flyer then I would be surprised if Ancelotti is really going to go after Suarez and release Benzema. Both front line strikers being replaced at the same time makes little sense.

Other press reports (but only Daily Star, which I assume makes it just a flyer) say we have put in a bid for Di Maria).

I'd be almost surprised if Madrid didn't put in a bid for Suarez. whether Liverpool would sell him is another matter.

Can't really see Madrid selling Di Maria though. If they were looking for someone to offload to finance a big bid for the likes of Suarez then Benzema would look the likely make weight.

I think it's Di Maria who wants out (or he's fishing for a pay rise).

Maybe. Being man of the match in a european cup win is a good place to start the process

Maybe. Being man of the match in a european cup win is a good place to start the process

He doesn't fit the Galactico matinee idol profile. Other than that I think RM would be nuts to let him go. In spite of a wacky personality at times he has become as dangerous a winger as there is in football. Tremendous work rate. As adept at putting a sublime cross in as any footballer I can think of. His diving has tailed off some.

I think Di Maria may have a little of the Yaya "I ain't appreciated" mentality going on. Though in Di Maria's case its probably true.

• Like 2

He doesn't fit the Galactico matinee idol profile. Other than that I think RM would be nuts to let him go. In spite of a wacky personality at times he has become as dangerous a winger as there is in football. Tremendous work rate. As adept at putting a sublime cross in as any footballer I can think of. His diving has tailed off some.

I think Di Maria may have a little of the Yaya "I ain't appreciated" mentality going on. Though in Di Maria's case its probably true.

Ancelotti would be loathed to lose one of his regular starters and the pace of Di Maria, along with Bale and Ronaldo is perfect for the reactive style of football he has Madrid playing. They'd be awesome with Suarez up top!

Interesting also that under Ancelotti flair has flourished with his choice of Alonso and Modric, seeing the more physical Sami Kedeira looking more and more isolated. this seasons really highlighted the difference between his football teams and those of Mourinho.

All said though, i doubt Di Maria will get away with a Yaya type mentality. I know Ronaldo went through his little phase of being "sad" but thats Ronaldo who is of somewhat greater importance to the side

I think you should stop getting too excited at the start of every season, you know how it will end up wink.png

Yes i thought you were concerned. thumbsup.gif You've been scraping through by the odd point for years i you are right, Pochettino is that bit better to bridge the gap. i have little doubt that our new manager can address the issue of an odd point over thirty eight games. We'll see.

I think you should stop getting too excited at the start of every season, you know how it will end up wink.png

Yes i thought you were concerned. thumbsup.gif You've been scraping through by the odd point for years i you are right, Pochettino is that bit better to bridge the gap. i have little doubt that our new manager can address the issue of an odd point over thirty eight games. We'll see.

That's nice.

What about the other 9?

cheesy.gif

I forgot about the loan-out option. Clearly Sanogo should be going out to a Championship team* next season with a take-back in January clause. Let's have Benzema, Morato and Giroud up front then biggrin.png.

*Loan him to Brentford - they had the worst goals scored of the League 1 promoted teams and he can come back to the Emirates for the pi$$-ups (but I guess they don't happen these days).

That's nice.

What about the other 9?

cheesy.gif

You keep giving yourself away. The facts are Wenger is getting older, set in his ways and a known quality. Past appointments by Levy, as much as they were mostly poor, are irrelevant. What we'll see next season is Pochettino shore up our defense and balance the team better, whereas Arsenal will probably makes some decent purchases yet leave the squad paper thin in the same old areas and i doubt you'll get so lucky with the injuries next season. Its going to be interesting

You keep giving yourself away. The facts are Wenger is getting older, set in his ways and a known quality. Past appointments by Levy, as much as they were mostly poor, are irrelevant. What we'll see next season is Pochettino shore up our defense and balance the team better, whereas Arsenal will probably makes some decent purchases yet leave the squad paper thin in the same old areas and i doubt you'll get so lucky with the injuries next season. Its going to be interesting

Arsenal motto: "Victory Grows through Harmony"

Tiny Totts motto: "Next year's going to be different!"

Arsenal emblem: A mighty cannon.

Tiny Totts emblem: A chicken balancing on a beach ball.

cheesy.gif

@Twafc71-and-@SheWore.jpg?resize=573%2C7

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnoticias.lainformacion.com%2Fdeporte%2Ffutbol%2Falvaro-morata-ficha-por-el-arsenal-y-el-real-madrid-se-guarda-una-opcion-de-recompra_RgDnkkyewUQB8CVqU0gu56%2F&edit-text=

I'd be perfectly happy if this is the real deal (excuse the pun):

The fact is that Morata only started six games for Madrid last season, but still managed nine goals despite usually only coming off the bench, and the Champs League winners have apparently agreed to sell him to Arsenal for the very cheap price of 10 million euros, but that is dependent on Arsenal agreeing to a buy-back clause for 25 millions if Madrid want to buy him back in the following two summers.
Edited by Chicog

Wenger has signed up for another three years.

thumbsup.gif

"We are entering an exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support,"

excitement and huge support.............not really words that you'd associate with the Library!laugh.png

Its soooooo dull on this thread.........