Arsenal

MiG16

A brick-by-brick replay of the FA Cup final.

Brilliant!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/jun/01/2015-fa-cup-final-brick-animated-video

And the best quote of the week:

But it was a football match of good sportsmanship and some style - with the monopoly on style enjoyed by an Arsenal team as bent on painting pictures as puncturing defences.

Wembley was Mesut Ozil’s canvas.

Pummelling Ozil for his work-rate is the equivalent of hammering Picasso for forgetting to whitewash the garden wall.

He was simply dreamy. He doesn’t kick the ball, he whispers in its ear. Liquid genius.

Edited by Chicog

RT@SkyNewsBreak: Football Association: #Arsenal midfielder Jack #Wilshere has been charged with misconduct over FA Cup celebrations at club's victory parade”

"What do you think of the FA?".

Seriously, he did exactly the same thing last year but the press had something else to bang on about.

Just a bit of banter with the fans.

FA Tossers.

Jack Wilshere has threatened to face the wrath from Spurs fans once again after it was revealed that Ryan’s Mason knee injury – which forced him to withdraw from the England squad – was caused by him.

Jack-Wilshere-Ryan-Mason.jpg

Jack Wilshere has threatened to face the wrath from Spurs fans once again after it was revealed that Ryan’s Mason knee injury – which forced him to withdraw from the England squad – was caused by him.

Jack-Wilshere-Ryan-Mason.jpg

That's good for him. Gets a longer summer break.

It seems part of the Vermaelen deal was an extra 3m quid if Barca won the Cl, which they did.

Not bad considering the only football he managed in the entire season was a part of the very last league match!

Brilliant!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/jun/01/2015-fa-cup-final-brick-animated-video

But it was a football match of good sportsmanship and some style - with the monopoly on style enjoyed by an Arsenal team as bent on painting pictures as puncturing defences.

Pummelling Ozil for his work-rate is the equivalent of hammering Picasso for forgetting to whitewash the garden wall.

He was simply dreamy. He doesn’t kick the ball, he whispers in its ear. Liquid genius.

Was that his bloke writing about him? Either way, what a dreadful piece of, well, i hesitate to say journalism. very Mark Lawrenson actually.

How about, "there he was, skipping nervously along the wing, like a Morris dancer with the trots. Bit more like it.

Edited by carmine

It seems part of the Vermaelen deal was an extra 3m quid if Barca won the Cl, which they did.

Not bad considering the only football he managed in the entire season was a part of the very last league match!

Never could get my head around that transfer.

Brilliant!

Was that his bloke writing about him? Either way, what a dreadful piece of, well, i hesitate to say journalism. very Mark Lawrenson actually.

How about, "there he was, skipping nervously along the wing, like a Morris dancer with the trots. Bit more like it.

Ah the green-eyed monster strikes again.

Would you like a pint of bitter with your sour grapes?

w00t.gif

Brilliant!

w00t.gif

Nah, i'll take an Eriksen for 11m and trouser the 31m all day long mate. cheesy.gif

w00t.gif

Nah, i'll take an Eriksen for 11m and trouser the 31m all day long mate. cheesy.gif

And that's precisely why you're playing football on a Thursday when no-one can be arsed to watch.

(Except those of us in the sandpit who have a Fri/Sat weekend).

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Sorry Chiqssad.png

The Gunners have been denied a £2.9m bonus payment from Champions League winners Barcelona because Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen, 29, who they sold to the Spanish club last August, did not play a single minute in the competition.(London Evening Standard)

• Like 1

Sorry Chiqssad.png

The Gunners have been denied a £2.9m bonus payment from Champions League winners Barcelona because Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen, 29, who they sold to the Spanish club last August, did not play a single minute in the competition.(London Evening Standard)

Hehe nice one!

Sorry Chiqssad.png

Hehe nice one!

Chics will be beavering away now trying to find something to the contrary biggrin.png

Jack is more of a To$$pot than I thought. He needs to move on - if not, he needs to be moved onsad.png

What's he done to upset you now then?

Told the FA that they are ruining the game by trying to sanitise it?

Might have expected an old school* football response from youwink.png . So you reckon Arsene is happy with him having led a stupid insulting chant (quite clearly bringing the game into disrepute) then challenging the decision? Take your medicine boy, having clearly not taken advice.

Jack: "boss I think the FA have been OTT taking me to task, what do you advise?" Arsene: "I agree with you Jack - what you did was fine in my book - I reckon you should complain". Aint gonna have happened.

* The world has moved on - you can't go around insulting classes of people (except with some degree of sophistication, like football managers do!) in public these days.

Might have expected an old school* football response from youwink.png . So you reckon Arsene is happy with him having led a stupid insulting chant (quite clearly bringing the game into disrepute) then challenging the decision? Take your medicine boy, having clearly not taken advice.

Jack: "boss I think the FA have been OTT taking me to task, what do you advise?" Arsene: "I agree with you Jack - what you did was fine in my book - I reckon you should complain". Aint gonna have happened.

* The world has moved on - you can't go around insulting classes of people (except with some degree of sophistication, like football managers do!) in public these days.

The banter is part of football and fans accept it.

This has only been brought up because the press had nothing else to make a meal of.

Perhaps this is more up your street Santi:

"Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere has been charged by the FA for singing an obscene song about Tottenham Hotspur. The song, a favourite among supporters, begins, “My old man said be a Tottenham fan”, before expressing in the most candid terms the narrator’s antipathy to his father’s suggestion.

To prevent others bringing the game into disrepute, the FA should send each player a booklet containing family-friendly versions of popular chants. For example: “My old man said be a Tottenham fan. I politely declined his invitation and there we let the matter rest.” And: “You’re performing below expectations, and you know you are.” And: “Who ate all the pies? Not you, evidently, for you are a professional athlete.”

Normally I would say ban him for a season but you should be punished...so play him every game instead. Lol...

So you want him to start his annual injury in July, is that it?

He'll probably get f@#ked in the International anyway!

biggrin.png