Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

Just now, simoh1490 said:

That's because being noble and honourable and making our own decisions is all that matters, free from the shackles of interference of our EU puppetmasters.........that and blue passports, maypole dancing and Marstons Pedigree.

Maypole Dancing is about all a Brit Pensioner can afford here. Why its half of mine and most Europeans i cant understand. nor is it right imo.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Maypole Dancing is about all a Brit Pensioner can afford here. Why its half of mine and most Europeans i cant understand. nor is it right imo.!

It was sarcasm and humour, you're not a Brit, we can tell! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It was sarcasm and humour, you're not a Brit, we can tell! 

I think he was - how do you English say it? - 'playing along'.

Every comic needs a straight man.  That's what's wrong with this country now, everyone's a comedian.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

As you're not from round these parts, it's worth pointing out that Maypole Dancing is a traditional medieval pastime practised in the early Summer, or in the absence of a Summer, in the month of May.

It is nothing to do with our bold and illustrious leader who is courageously leading us into the future and back to Greatness.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Good Saving on your daily handouts then.Your a funny lot Brits, you dont give a dam for your Pensioners who created the wealth.Your pensions are way behind Germans, yet you supossedly won WW2, and helped Norway who has fair pension.

The UK has the lowest state pensions in the Western world.  Those who can afford it pay into a private pension, those people give a damn about themselves by earning a high salary, the pensioners who created the wealth are the richest pensioners the country has ever seen.  The other pensioners didn't earn enough money to give a damn about themselves so we don't give a damn about them.  This has nothing to do with WWII, we call it Thatcherism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

"The appointment sparked a furore in Brussels, with MEPs complaining that the appointment was orchestrated in secret, which made the EU look like an "old boys' club." 

Mr Selmayr was reportedly handed the job by Mr Juncker in a matter of minutes, following the sudden retirement of his predecessor, Alexander Italianer."

It seems to me no one endorsed Mr Selmayr or are you saying in the few minutes it took Mr. Juncker to appoint him he gave Mrs May a phone call. Mr Junkers sense of democracy came to the fore when he threatened to resign if Mr Selmayr was not appointed. 

Haven't I already set you straight on this one?  Why would the winning group in the EU make a call to May to ask her approval of their secretary?  Its up to the winning group and ultimately up to the president of that group, the president of the EU.  He made his choice, the furore is over how he made his choice, that he gave it to his associate rather than made the open appointment known so that others could apply, that's like an old boys club, that's why they liken it to one rather than bleating about lost democracy, the only lack of sense regarding that being yours.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Not quite right there..we peasants also have Hare Pie Scrambling and Bottle Kicking

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The UK has the lowest state pensions in the Western world.  Those who can afford it pay into a private pension, those people give a damn about themselves by earning a high salary, the pensioners who created the wealth are the richest pensioners the country has ever seen.  The other pensioners didn't earn enough money to give a damn about themselves so we don't give a damn about them.  This has nothing to do with WWII, we call it Thatcherism.

Its been going before Thatcher, even before 1381 Peasants Revolt

Its an English thing.

7 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Its been going before Thatcher, even before 1381 Peasants Revolt

Its an English thing.

That was about a poll tax. In those days nobody lived long enough to get a pension ?

• Haha 1

Pulling this all together, our governments have not really cared about us since the 60s. Pensions have indeed grown but are much smaller than in other western countries. Inequality has got out of hand. I for one would feel much secure under the benign influence of the EU rather than the nasty party. The UK is great for the wealthy but miserable for most. Brexit will make it worse. The poor sops just don't see it ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

WWII was a marvellous cure for this callous disease you call English, perhaps we could be bombed back to humanity again.

The UK and US govs. are doing their best to spark up WW3.

36 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Pulling this all together, our governments have not really cared about us since the 60s. Pensions have indeed grown but are much smaller than in other western countries. Inequality has got out of hand. I for one would feel much secure under the benign influence of the EU rather than the nasty party. The UK is great for the wealthy but miserable for most. Brexit will make it worse. The poor sops just don't see it ?

We have been in the EU for ages, we have yet to see any 'benign influence' on our pensions ..recommending more of the same is promoting false hope.

I would recommend members of the gov. should have the same basic state  pension as they give us...Watch our pensions suddenly rise.

Edited by talahtnut
justification
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

We have been in the EU for ages, we have yet to see any 'benign influence' on our pensions ..recommending more of the same is promoting false hope.

I would recommend members of the gov. should have the same basic state  pension as they give us...Watch our pensions suddenly rise.

But don't you agree that EU countries generally have much better pensions (leave the eastern Ines out of this, I'm talking about our peers). I just don't trust the Cons,  particularly, to take care of our interests

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

But don't you agree that EU countries generally have much better pensions (leave the eastern Ines out of this, I'm talking about our peers). I just don't trust the Cons,  particularly, to take care of our interests

I agree, EU seem to do better, in others ways too, yet we have been

EU members for ages. As a UK pensioner, the EU has done nothing

for me.  The Cons and all govs. are downright evil frauds.

22 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

We have sovereignty; the EU can not force us to give equitable pensions. Again, Brexiters aim at the wrong target. How much more evidence is required before they realise that the nasty party is, well, nasty? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yes this is exactly the principle of subsidiarity - The EU does not have competence  over pensions, the UK government does. 

So would you prefer to extend the EU's sphere of influence  if it meant you got a larger, more European type pension ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

What makes you think the EU's benign influence is helping? Considering they've had 40 years already.

Sorry, just seen this has been done to death already.

It's Friday, I'm tired...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

This proves my point.  The EU don't want a solution so they will reject any proposals.

It's not that the EU don't want a solution - indeed they have prescribed a legal remedy to  condondrum in the negotiation documents we have already agreed to.

The problem was every British suggestion was either impractical  or illegal 

See  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What makes you think the EU's benign influence is helping? Considering they've had 40 years already.

It would have been far worse without them. I once gave a full list of "What did the EU ever do for you". I'll post it if I can find it on the other mega thread

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Of course Pensions are lower in the UK than EU countries generally  but we have a thing here called pension credits which tops up to a guaranteed minimum income. These people would also not have to pay for council tax or medication . In my Rugby Club there are many members who, when working, had very ordinary jobs who still manage to get out to watch the game on a Saturday and have a couple of pints afterwards.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tebee said:

Yes this is exactly the principle of subsidiarity - The EU does not have competence  over pensions, the UK government does. 

So would you prefer to extend the EU's sphere of influence  if it meant you got a larger, more European type pension ?

Well thats a good idea, lets stick another tier of government on top

of our tiers. Who do think is going to pay for that lot?

In the case of governments, less is more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It would have been far worse without them. I once gave a full list of "What did the EU ever do for you". I'll post it if I can find it on the other mega thread

Yes. We saw your pitiful list.

Podemos compadecerte mas no perdonarte. :smile: 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, aright said:

Of course Pensions are lower in the UK than EU countries generally  but we have a thing here called pension credits which tops up to a guaranteed minimum income. These people would also not have to pay for council tax or medication . In my Rugby Club there are many members who, when working, had very ordinary jobs who still manage to get out to watch the game on a Saturday and have a couple of pints afterwards.

And that meets your aspirations?

God help us!