Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The problem Trans is not with the voter because of his/her education level, net worth etc but with the vote itself. People who were uninformed and incapable of imagining all the potential issues should not have been asked to vote on this issue, it's akin to trying a person in a court of law with only one-tenth of the evidence where people substitute emotion for fact.

In a court of law the juries are not tested for their IQ or asked what they do for a living, there is no prejudice, we are all equal in the eyes of the law even if we don't understand totally what's going on. With Brexit the vast majority don't understand stuff but they know they want change at any cost..

PS. Even ol' Trans did jury service....5170.gif.d5f3c7ddc1680a3fd31f7f68c2586cd3.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

In a court of law the juries are not tested for their IQ or asked what they do for a living, there is no prejudice, we are all equal in the eyes of the law even if we don't understand totally what's going on. With Brexit the vast majority don't understand stuff but they know they want change at any cost..

PS. Even ol' Trans did jury service....5170.gif.d5f3c7ddc1680a3fd31f7f68c2586cd3.gif

vast majority?? lol

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

I just find it offensive to castigate ordinary working folk on the street as folk who should not have a voice. Remember these are the folk on the street that have watched their country being overtaken by the vast influx of foreigners that is changing their country. 

Perhaps like me the ordinary folk don't understand the financial implications of going it alone but for sure what they see is enough to get back back to controlling their their own streets..

I don't know what you mean by 'controlling' that is a matter for the authorities, the laws are in place all they have to do is use them. As for a large influx of foreigners, many are refugees and as such can be sent back when it is safe to do so, The British have no ID and no form of house registration ( in Germany and in all other EU countries I should imagine,one must register your place of abode with the town council and deregister when you move to another address) This means that the British authorities lose track of who is and isn't here.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Your admission makes a perfect case for doing away with the jury system and perhaps that will stop innocent people being jailed or executed. The same is true of the Brexit vote, not everyone is capable of understanding all the issues. People voting just because they want change shouldn't be restricted to just one option. If they want to exit the EU then vote for Brexit, but if they just want change they need to decide on the type and degree of that change, not just take the only option available which includes exiting the EU as a default.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So your bruv in law won't get depressive in management eh...5150.gif.912d2db2d9b880234476ce2b8246b59d.gif

No, he had found his 'place'. He got together with 5 others in his office and they physically built their own houses, one for each,saved them a fortune.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Your admission makes a perfect case for doing away with the jury system and perhaps that will stop innocent people being jailed or executed. The same is true of the Brexit vote, not everyone is capable of understanding all the issues. People voting just because they want change shouldn't be restricted to just one option. If they want to exit the EU then vote for Brexit, but if they just want change they need to decide on the type and degree of that change, not just take the only option available which includes exiting the EU as a default.

You obviously  have never been on jury service in the UK reading your assumption...:stoner:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

You obviously  have never been on jury service in the UK reading your assumption...:stoner:

I've never travelled by camel either but I know they're slower and more uncomfortable than planes.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

I just find it offensive to castigate ordinary working folk on the street as folk who should not have a voice. Remember these are the folk on the street that have watched their country being overtaken by the vast influx of foreigners that is changing their country. 

Perhaps like me the ordinary folk don't understand the financial implications of going it alone but for sure what they see is enough to get back back to controlling their their own streets..

Could Britain have remained in the EU and concurrently tried to have non-porous borders?  The two issues don't have to be intertwined, do they?   I guess it's too late to ask that question, as the Brexit split is inexorably working it's twisted way towards some sort of resolution - tho it could be more years of pain - and pain after-the-fact.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

Could Britain have remained in the EU and concurrently tried to have non-porous borders?  The two issues don't have to be intertwined, do they?   I guess it's too late to ask that question, as the Brexit split is inexorably working it's twisted way towards some sort of resolution - tho it could be more years of pain - and pain after-the-fact.

No

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, transam said:

..... the folk on the street that have watched their country being overtaken by the vast influx of foreigners that is changing their country. 

Can't help wondering that Thai people think of this....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Can't help wondering that Thai people think of this....

Probably something like, farang bah!

Or perhaps it will make them think twice about ASEAN, maybe they should have a referendum on that.......hmm, I wonder why they didn't have one initially, it couldn't be the decision was deemed too complex for the population to be able to vote on it effectively could it..

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I'm not getting into this one other than to try and help provide some clarity but there's a useful article below which may help shed some light on the subject, or not. https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/06/how-did-different-demographic-groups-vote-eu-referendum

You'll get shot; being the messenger!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

This is why, or at least one reason why, we have representative parliamentary democracy and do not have referendums.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

194 pages ,and nothings changed ,Brexit will go ahead....

Don't be so sure - the venier is wearing thin and the moral bankruptcy at its core is showing through.

If it does go through, it will be more down the the incompetence of the UK government than any coherent plan.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

"Simon Heffer - Since 2016, he has formed part of the political advisory board of Leave Means Leave".

so/and?

I can understand your discomfort in an article which is full of plain common sense not containing the graphs and statistics you like to obfuscate with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aright said:

so/and?

I can understand your discomfort in an article which is full of plain common sense not containing the graphs and statistics you like to obfuscate with.

I already gave you the "so/and" but you apparently saw fit not to copy it! Objective journalism....not!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I already gave you the "so/and" but you apparently saw fit not to copy it! Objective journalism....not!

If you confine yourself to independent, objective journalism I suspect you do little reading although I suspect you make an exception for articles you agree with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1