Thailand gets first fish exported from Fukushima since 3/11

webfact

I'll be avoiding this fish. As they say, "There's plenty of fish in the sea". No need to risk it. 

When the whole incident happened, I messaged my ex gf (who's Japanese) to say how awful it all was and offer my sympathy. She got a little upset and said, "It's not that bad. It's all under control. Why do foreigners say it's so bad?". I didn't wanna get into the whole 'Japan Vs The World' thing with her so just said okay. Another reason why I wouldn't touch this fish. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I'll be avoiding this fish. As they say, "There's plenty of fish in the sea". No need to risk it. 

When the whole incident happened, I messaged my ex gf (who's Japanese) to say how awful it all was and offer my sympathy. She got a little upset and said, "It's not that bad. It's all under control. Why do foreigners say it's so bad?". I didn't wanna get into the whole 'Japan Vs The World' thing with her so just said okay. Another reason why I wouldn't touch this fish. 

My wifes Japanese and because she has not lived there for many years has a different opinion. A lot of her friends and relatives  have had mysterious health issues since Fukushima and one of her friends young daughter died recently. She is very aware that the Japanese government are hiding the reality of what is happening over there.

Alright, we have had the jokes, but the fish will be almost certainly fit to eat. As said in the article below, Banana are more radioactive (bananas are a good source of potassium, and potassium 40 is the commonest radioactive element found in nature).

http://oceana.org/blog/worried-about-fukushima-radiation-seafood-turns-out-bananas-are-more-radioactive-fish