Swedish tourist seeks Pattaya police help over Bt100,000 gone from bank account

webfact

31 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Yes. 

Partner did the same thing or had three wrong attempts. 

Kasikorn staff took her outside to the atm and corrected it on the atm machine.. 

Scary what they can access with the little plastic card they have. And not just the tea room. 

What's amazing is how honest all bank employees must be that they can get anyone's pin number anytime they like, yet rarely does any money go missing. 

15 hours ago, ttrd said:

Or make as Mr. Henrik Christian Koch seems to have done if we take into consideration his previous activities:

http://pattayadailynews.com/swede-attempts-to-bribe-his-way-out-of-massive-drug-bust/

Open an account and make several deposits. Buy a unregistered sim card at 7-11. Go online and replace Your original phone number linked to Your account With the unregistered one. Perform the transactions by using the New unregistered phone number and leave the country alternatively let Your partner perform the transactions after you have left the country. Wait 12 months while you are practising different surprising grimaces in front of a Mirror until you have found the one which looks most convincing . Travel back to Thailand and visit the bank in person. Perform the rehearsed surprise grimace when you are told the account has been emptied 12 months ago, file a polis report, bring the polis report back to the bank, claim the money covered by the bank and hope for a successful outcome of your genious masterplan....

Yes after googling his name I now believe Mr Koch is a scammer.  I hope the police can look at his criminal history and put two and two together , but I would not bet on it.

On 03/03/2018 at 7:14 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The problem appears to be the ATM card facility, which is why I refuse to set up an ATM facility and use the bank counter staff to do my banking. I have no pin # and therefore they should not be able to do anything without my signature.

Unless using the monthly amount to get visa extensions to stay in LOS, one has to have a Thai bank account.

I have heard of signatures being forged despite having only the "over the counter" scheme in one's account....

On 04/03/2018 at 4:53 AM, ttrd said:

The issue is not to open nor to Close the account - an issue will first apply after you have deposit money in the account....:coffee1:

No the issue is that someone applies for electronic banking using his personal info and then cleans out his account. 

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I have heard of signatures being forged despite having only the "over the counter" scheme in one's account....

With the bankbook and a forged ID as well?

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

With the bankbook and a forged ID as well?

Cannot say as I was never lucky enough to get scammed !!! ...I read it somewhere here and it's quite scary .... btw does one always get a bankbook with an account or is it a specific optionnal choice ?...and if yes, is it safer to have the bankbook option ?

Edited by observer90210

In 2010, Henrik Christian Koch was arrested in possession of a class-1 restricted drug before subsequent checks of his room unveiled a further haul of several other class-1 drugs and his drug-using Thai girlfriend. The Swede also attempted to bribe police with 1 million Baht to avoid arrest over the serious charges. He was suspected of being involved with a foreign drug network operating in Pattaya who had been trafficking drugs into the Kingdom.

Mr. Koch had attempted to offer police a bribe of some Bt1 million baht in an attempt to avoid being arrested along with his girlfriend. Police announced that he would be charged with unregistered arms possession, multiple charges of class-1 drug possession, class-1 drug distribution and attempting to bride a police officer.

8 years later, he is still in Thailand and living happily free in that family-friendly, upscale tourist resort called Pattaya.

Money talks. 1 million Baht goes a long way. Crime pays. :saai: Sad.

• Like 1

Way more to this story than meets the eye.

Isn't this the guy who was involved in a drug bust?
Probably a disgruntled ex-GF who took him to the cleaners out of spite for not getting a share of his profits.

Som nam na.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, Thian said:

I have never heard of money disappearing from a european bankaccount. And if that happens i expect the bank will pay all damage without questions. Also the police will be involved of course.

My european bank even warns me to not use atm's or creditcard and they have blacklisted Thailand for all their members with a worldcard. Who goes to Thailand first has to open their card for transactions from Thailand.

Also my european paypal won't let me ship to thailand, they are on the list together with nigeria and countries like that.

I had many ebay parcels sent to thailand gone missing, guess that's why.

Also when i go into a thai bank and see how they check my euro billiets i can tell that they have no clue what they're doing. And they refuse billiets with minor damage which came from the bank in europe.

I will never ever give my PIN over internet, to nobody and sure not when i'm in thailand.

did you read the part where you MUST change the PIN once you receive it?

Just now, wgdanson said:

but sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow in the branch.................

funny i get treated like a god when i go in mine. They bring me coffee and drinks etc. I guess there are different branches :)

2 minutes ago, asean said:

funny i get treated like a god when i go in mine. They bring me coffee and drinks etc. I guess there are different branches :)

Maybe that's why the rest of us have to wait so long to simply pay a cheque in.