Black panther not enough! Now Italian Thai in hot water after trees hacked down in Bangkok

webfact

Black panther not enough! Now Italian Thai in hot water after trees hacked down in Bangkok

7pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

The Chautjak local authority said they had filed a police report after more than a dozen trees were hacked to pieces by Italian Thai Development Co Ltd.

The company - at the center of allegations of poaching by president Premchai Karnasuta - are building the Green Line train from Mor Chit to Khu Khot.

Before and after pictures of the latest environmental damage appeared on the fan page of a Facebook group translated as "Hey! These are Thai footpaths".

Manager said that nine trees outside Kaset University and a further five outside the Orsin Bank were damaged.

The Chatujak authority have reported the matter to Bang Khen police and are surveying the extent of the damage before putting in a claim to Italian Thai.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-05

It only takes a quick look around just about anywhere in Thailand to see that Thais care very little for the environment. Exploited countryside festooned with rubbish, filthy beaches, rivers clogged with detritus, and dirty and ugly towns. If you are looking for a pristine environment, there are fortunately many places where this still exists. My personal favourites are deepest rural France, some American states,  parts of South Africa, the shires of England, and the Scottish highlands and Islands. Pristine air too.

7 hours ago, Darcula said:

Since trees are interefering with electric wires, it's time to put the trees underground.

Excellent idea....bet the authorities here have not thought of that......:thumbsup:

Out here in rural Khampaeng Phet the PEA employ a team of tree surgeons, hackers or butchers to cut the trees back 2 or 3 times a year.

The land between the road and the power poles is government land and the other side is the responsibility of the land owner though the contractors out here normally cut all the trees back.

31 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I see this very often. This is such a barbaric way to cut trees!

Thought this was the normal way to cut trees here.  I see this everywhere.. all down the main roads and under electric wires.  If its illegal how come its normal and no one else is getting arrested?

31 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I see this very often. This is such a barbaric way to cut trees!

We had some guys to cut back many of the trees, but they soon grow again unless they are butchered down to root and ground level.

Looks like simple pruning. 2 months will be all back. Local teak farmer does things like this all the time keeps his trees growing straight not bushy with branchs going every where.

Probably being done to get the tress to grow straight up till they grow past the power lines.

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Thought this was the normal way to cut trees here.  I see this everywhere.. all down the main roads and under electric wires.  If its illegal how come its normal and no one else is getting arrested?

I think you are correct.  I've seen monks do this at their wat and I came back months later and the trees were growing back.

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

It only takes a quick look around just about anywhere in Thailand to see that Thais care very little for the environment. Exploited countryside festooned with rubbish, filthy beaches, rivers clogged with detritus, and dirty and ugly towns. If you are looking for a pristine environment, there are fortunately many places where this still exists. My personal favourites are deepest rural France, some American states,  parts of South Africa, the shires of England, and the Scottish highlands and Islands. Pristine air too.

You forgot Australia and New Zealand sport!!!

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Trees are bad. They drop leaves everywhere and people have to 'work' to sweep them up.

Hope you understand now.

If nature can throw away it's litter so haphazardly, why can't we... 

Skytrain contractor fined 28,000 baht for extreme tree trimming

By Coconuts Bangkok 

sk.jpg

Photo: @Weeranan/ Twitter

Italian-Thai Development, the company contracted to build the extension of the BTS Green Line, was fined THB28,000 yesterday for potentially killing 14 trees on Phaholyothin Road with their uneducated, extreme trimming.

While their CEO is facing charges for allegedly shooting dead a black panther and other protected species last month, Italian-Thai Development has made the news again after they pruned trees on the roadside to make way for cables without the permission of officials, Amarin TV reported.

A before and after photo of the sidewalk where the trees were cut quickly went viral on Facebook and enraged netizens.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/skytrain-contractor-fined-28000-baht-for-extreme-tree-trimming/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-03-06

Archived