The Funny Things The Girls Say!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here´s one about a Farang getting the banana treatment:

When I arrived in LOS a few years ago, I briefly travelled around before settling, with an English girl I met in Chian Rai.

For a couple of weeks, every morning, we´d go to local market, wherever we were, and she´d be all chuffed and proud as a peacock, asking in her newly accquired Thai, "I would like two small banana´s please" I would notice puzzled looks on the vendors faces, but I knew no Thai then. Her pointing directly at the banana´s in question clarified and made the sale.

After a couple of weeks, an elder lady vendor in Trat with a glint in her eye, kindly pointed out to this girl that she was, had been been two weeks solid, so proudly asking for two small penises every morning.

We laughed for days.

> She was telling me that when she was young her family was very poor .

> They only had one small TV with two color"s..............

> Black and white

LOL... :-))) Anyway, they obviously weren't THAT poor if they had electricity and any kind of TV at all....

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 4 weeks later...

i was ordering some food and wanted to get some water with my order.:

'nohm yai krap' (not naam)

And then the reply...

'mai mii ka'

-

while looking at mutton in the meat section of a supermarket in qatar my wife asked what kind of meat that was. i realized in a panic that 'sheep' was not a part of my vocabulary. i then tried to explain to the spouse in my toneless thai that that there are a lot of these animals in australia in new zealand.

that description did not cut it and resulted in a misunderstanding. she said 'oh' and started hopping with her hands pulled up to her chest (kangaroo).

everything was set right after i did a little bleating 'bllaaaaAAaa...bllaaAaaa'. at least i think she understands...maybe she was just embarassed.

• 1 month later...

I was testing the Gf yesterday on the phone to see how much she knew about me (practising for Visa interview)

when i asked her if she knew the name of my company i work for.

"I dont know" she said.

"DHL", i replied

"B.A.L.?" she said

"No No D. H. L" i said again

"B.H. L" she said

"No No . listen A . B. C. D! D! D! (as she knows the alphabet)

"kao jai kao jai" she said

"ok, so where do i work?"

"A.B.C.D.H.L"

She got there in the end!!!!!!!!

On the day before our engagement party, she was talking about how she would have to do that day to get ready. She said to me, "you know, before I engage you, I must go spend morning in saloon."

Cute thing number two: she was fixing dinner and I asked her what she was making, she said, "chimp." I was horrified. I've eaten some strange things in Thailand though, so decided to just go with the flow and sat down to wait for my meal of fried monkey. Was very grateful when I was served shrimp.

I liked it when my wife wanted to say "What are you doing?". She'd come out with something like "What do you do?. Ocassionally it was a tongue twister for her and would sound something like "What do do you do do what do you do?". :D

It's a shame her English has since improved as she doesn't make as many mistakes as before. :o

• 2 weeks later...