The Funny Things The Girls Say!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi vrsushi

You are very welcome, we need more Thais to learn from :D

Here you are:

I'm a Thai woman. English is my second lanquage so please bare with me as I try to explain my thoughts here.

I found this topic and most of its contributors extremely offensive and shameful. I wonder whether the gentlemen here might ask themselves this question.

What was the reason that drive you to marry an uneducated underclass ladies of other races and then spend a great deal of time making fun of them in the open internet forum?

Uneducated person desrves respect, but a person without class (who would talk about bodily functions and one's desires for sex out loud in the public etc. ) as demonstrated in posts throughout this forum might deserve scorn and ridicule from civilized socirty. Even so, she should not have been exposed by her own husband or boyfriend.

I found it's very curious for Westerners to chat about how "cute" their "GF" or wives and in the next breath ridicule them and tell the world about their bedroom mouths or activities.

Can anybody answer honestly after looking deep in to his heart that it's not hidden racism or the desparate need to feel better about his superiority between nations?

I apologize for the tone of this post, but I was shock to come upon this discussion. There are few that are not truly vile. But I will never in my life making fun of my foreign husband (if I have one) and expose his shortcomings in the public for my own amusement such as you guys did.

I haven't seen many people call their wives or GFs uneducated and underclass.

Khun T & R I think that your comments have to rate among the most offensive that have been posted in this Thread! :o !

I'm not annoyed.  I have nothing to contribute that will stricly adhere to the topic anyway.  Enjoy your day!

Your comments here – while not agreeable to some – are welcome by most. It is beneficial to all to have multiple perspectives and I think most people posting here welcome feedback from Thai’s.

Don’t despair about the off-topic warning/comment. You are new to the form and mistakes happen. And it is the nature of the beast here on Tv for any mistake you might make to be pointed out by someone. There are many sets of eyes reviewing what you post – after you post. But only your eyes review it before you post.

I think you sell your self short by saying you have nothing further to contribute that would be “on topic”. I think it would be interesting to hear about some comments about how us farang mangle Thai. Or possible some of the interesting ways you might have struggled with English when first learning.

:o

I have a Thai Male friend who married his very loving American wife and is now living in Los Angeles.  He called me one day and complained about how his wife would sit higher than him (he was on the floor watching TV and his wife sat down on the sofa behind him),  make him do laundry or cook for himself etc.  I personally think that he is lucky to have her, but Thai men are not to be contradicted (poor babies  :D )

:D

totster :D

Yeah, getting a bit too obvious now...

Maybe a more appropriate nickname would be T&ROLL... :o

I have a Thai Male friend who married his very loving American wife and is now living in Los Angeles.  He called me one day and complained about how his wife would sit higher than him (he was on the floor watching TV and his wife sat down on the sofa behind him),  make him do laundry or cook for himself etc.  I personally think that he is lucky to have her, but Thai men are not to be contradicted (poor babies  :D )

:D :D

(Seem to be following you around Jai Dee :D )

:D :D

(Seem to be following you around Jai Dee :D )

Really T&R we are horrible people. We laugh which is of course forbidden. We enjoy life which is forbidden. We laugh at others and laugh at ourselves, which is forbidden.

We are disgusting and you should of course shunn us.

sawassdee ka

it's funny to read this topic.. but it makes me surprise sometime :D

well, i think it depends on your GFs ,wives's education and where they live that make them have strange pronouce ..when they have a strong local dialect it makes comprehension difficult ( as in topic a girl say I =eye )

( i dont mean educated persons are always speak in correct way..)

anyhow ..its hard to believe that some people call "coke" ="cock" coz this word is common in thai :o

:o  it is really funny to read this forum to be honest.Cant stop laughing. I am

Thai and it is quite good to hear some opinions from farang who got thai wife. Hope you dont mind if there is a new face to join the forum.unfortunatly she is Thai.  :D

Vrsushi, we want to read all you have to say. I'm bored silly sometimes with

Farang point of view, and welcome a new person. By the way, I love the way

Chingy writes his posts; to the point, simple and funny.

I am fortunate to be able to speak English and Thai well, as my tirak is Thai. These "jokes" have all but disappeared fior us since we starting conversing/smsing in thai all the time now :D

Can see the humor on both sides. haha.gif

Edited by thanchart

And, does any of your significant others completely mix Thai and English even in one sentence or even mid-word? Just now 5 seconds
ago:
how this one from my wife " I mai loo put tee ni",  Translates to " I dont know where I put it".

But you are right i do it all the time as well

Hay buddy Thamode97, half of ur sentence is thai and other half is english, right :o

Come on tell them about it.... :D

My ex was very keen to learn all about Thai language (speaking,Writing and Reading). I asked him to say "sua sai sue non sua" (a tiger wears a shirt,sleeps on a mat) and he couldn't pronounce it correctly. What he said was "a mat wears a tiger,sleeps on a shirt!

But, it's been one year and he speaks excellent Thai now. :o

Ask your GF to say that for you.  I bet you wouldn't make it right, but it's fun to try and good laugh for your GF. LOL

I had couple of T Girls confused me with the word accident. One of them said today I have accident! The other one in another time (happens to be our secretary) said “when I have accident ever month”. :D

guess what they all mean....... :D

My Gf like most thais cannot say words starting with the letter "r".

Loom, load,lat,lound you get my drift.

no matter how many times i try and make her say "RRRRRRRRRR" "r" it always comes out "LLLLLLLL" "L"

but ive almost cracked it.

She can say "errr" so i make her say "err - oom"

she keeps repeating it, putting the 2 together getting faster and faster until it comes out perfect!

"well done" i say, "now say it again"

"loom"

Why?????

:D   :D  :D

This is common in China, Japan and Thais and has to do with the soft tongue. This is also why your pronunciation of some words in Thai sound so weird.

Rather than think of R use a "swallowed Ah" and tell her to hold the tip of her tongue down.

There is a famous and funny book in Japan called "Is that R as in London? No, it is L as in Rome." In which the person actually then got the spelling correct!

its not funny guys, Thais pronounce my name as AMAN and they write it as AMAR (It must be AMAL) :o . I am not offended :D but it’s strange :D .

"I think you sell your self short by saying you have nothing further to contribute that would be “on topic”. I think it would be interesting to hear about some comments about how us farang mangle Thai. Or possible some of the interesting ways you might have struggled with English when first learning."

I had hard time pronouncing "Ralph". Still can't say "h" too easily. Kept forgetting "th" sound and for the longest time, use "W" sound when pronouncing "V". Another hard ones would be "Ch" and "Sh" sound.

I do think we form our natural tongues few years after birth according to the sounds that we hear around us. One can learn another language and have writing or reading ability, but listening and speaking comes with more practice.

When first learning English on my own, I would go to the theatre and watch same movie over and over without glancing at the subtitles until I can understand the dialogues. Most memorable choices were: “All the President's Men” and “the Godfather” series.

I was helping an elderly white man in the mall one day with simple translation and he yelled out to his wife, "Come listen to this girl, she speaks like the Yankees" I went home and asked my father. That's when I learn that American South continue calling people from the North "Yankees". True native people will know the accent, but people of other region will group you as they thought your pronunciation shows a trace of accent that match their perception.

So...in conclusion: There is not really right or wrong ways of pronouncing words. If I said, "Butt'n", "Kitt'n", people will say "###### upstate New Yorker". So I should have said "But-ton", "Kit-ten", but then the New Yorker would laugh. It's better just to relax and speak how you please.

"I think you sell your self short by saying you have nothing further to contribute that would be “on topic”.  I think it would be interesting to hear about some comments about how us farang mangle Thai.  Or possible some of the interesting ways you might have struggled with English when first learning."

I had hard time pronouncing "Ralph".  Still can't say "h" too easily.  Kept forgetting "th" sound and for the longest time, use "W" sound when pronouncing "V".  Another hard ones would be "Ch" and "Sh" sound. 

I do think we form our natural tongues few years after birth according to the sounds that we hear around us.  One can learn another language and have writing or reading ability, but listening and speaking comes with more practice.

When first learning English on my own, I would go to the theatre and watch same movie over and over without glancing at the subtitles until I can understand the dialogues.  Most memorable choices were: “All the President's Men” and “the Godfather” series.

I was helping an elderly white man in the mall one day with simple translation and he yelled out to his wife, "Come listen to this girl, she speaks like the Yankees"  I went home and asked my father.  That's when I learn that American South continue calling people from the North "Yankees".  True native people will know the accent, but people of other region will group you as they thought your pronunciation shows a trace of accent that match their perception. 

So...in conclusion:  There is not really right or wrong ways of pronouncing words.  If I said, "Butt'n", "Kitt'n", people will say "###### upstate New Yorker".  So I should have said "But-ton", "Kit-ten", but then the New Yorker would laugh.  It's better just to relax and speak how you please.

Agreed - the most important thing is not to worry too much about what others think.

Thank you for your perspective and story, T&R, and welcome to Thaivisa.

I can understand why you thought this thread was insulting at first, but really, do not think so much of it. Most of the posters here just like to share a good laugh, and dearly love their spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends...

Many are native speakers of English and have little understanding of what it is like to be expected to speak a foreign language, which is the reality and attitude that faces people who emigrate the opposite direction.

As a contrast, Thai people do laugh at the mistakes we foreigners make when we try to speak Thai, but VERY few Thais expect foreigners to be able to speak Thai - and when you make an effort, it is amazing how much support and compliments you get for very, very little, as opposed to what you get as a foreigner when you come to Europe, Australia or the US trying to speak the language...

That being said, I think many contributions here are more a reflection of love and appreciation than of racism, even though it may not show so clearly at first. As for the humour below the belt... that goes with this forum and probably will not change much. Try to appreciate it if you can, it feels better that way!

Let's follow the Thai motto - ไม่ต้อง serious มากก็ได้ครับ (mai dtong serious maak gor dai khrap)! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a humourous account of the way some Thais say somethings but rather a quick solution to a problem in speech.

I often went to companys and obviously the first person that I'd come into contact with would be the receptionist, whose first words would be "May I hel you?" (note the lack of a 'P' on what should be the word 'help').

If I was early for an appointment I would give the receptionist a two minute English pronunciation lesson.

After briefly explaining her problem with pronunciation I would write down on a piece of paper 'May I hel Pyou?'.

I would then get her to say 'Pyou'(rhymes with pew, a church seat) a few times.

Then get her to say the phrase slowly several times, which sounded like she was saying 'May I hel.....pew?'.

But when spoken quickly came out sounding like she was saying 'May I helP you?'.

It was a little trick I picked up from a book somewhere and came in useful too for chatting up the receptionist. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Not a humourous account of the way some Thais say somethings but rather a quick solution to a problem in speech.

I often went to companys and obviously the first person that I'd come into contact with would be the receptionist, whose first words would be "May I hel you?" (note the lack of a 'P' on what should be the word 'help').

If I was early for an appointment I would give the receptionist a two minute English pronunciation lesson.

After briefly explaining her problem with pronunciation I would write down on a piece of paper 'May I hel Pyou?'.

I would then get her to say 'Pyou'(rhymes with pew, a church seat) a few times.

Then get her to say the phrase slowly several times, which sounded like she was saying 'May I hel.....pew?'.

But when spoken quickly came out sounding like she was saying 'May I helP you?'.

It was a little trick I picked up from a book somewhere and came in useful too for chatting up the receptionist. :o

Haven not seen this one yet. My GF was very sick I noticed high body temp and asked her: Waanjai I think you are sick. No I am not sick! Darling I really feel you have fever and should rest a bit. I am not sick she redsponded, I am Seven!!!, ore eight, maybe

It's funny to listen to a Thai attempt to say "Fresh fruit with evaporated milk"  :o

Thats really funny :D

But why is it that they can say fuk& off with only.

choke dee..

Just happened to me 10-min ago. after 5.99 years my anniversary was 9/11 :D

Must be a sign?

Ahaa rats … I thought after 25+ years I knew something?

Edited by meelousee

My GF used to refer to blood as "period", for obvious reasons. I let it go because I understood what she meant, and I was sure I was making far greater mistakes in Thai. This was ok until one day I cut myself shaving and she said "oh, you have period on your chin" :o

flash back .... i went to Patthaya

i heard BG made a greeting for African American

" Hello ..i want to eat a chocolate man"

it made me shock for 4 sec ... and laugh till nearly pee

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

When I met my gf, she was in her final year at university studying "Communication Arse"...

Not long after, we bumped into a friend of hers at Siam Sequare who was also studying the same course at uni.

My gf told her of the time when we first discussed this and how hilarious it was, and her friend looked at me and replied emphatically and earnestly;

"yeah, yeah, thassit - Communication Arse...!"

Communication Arts!