Forex Predictions

since , so many posts here are related to forex , i thought why not start a prediction thread ,

" What will be the exchange Rates for the following currency pairs at the end of the year"

1. USD/THB

2. EUR/USD

3. GBP/USD

4. USD/JPY

i will start with my predictions:

1. USD/THB = ~ 33

2. EUR/USD = >1.35

3. GBP/USD = > 2

4. USD/JPY = < 114

1. USD/THB = pegged to US Dollar

While on currency predictions several months hence, I usually figure anyone's guess is as good as mine, but I would rethink the USD/THB prediction. The reason for the THB devaluation in 1997 was its peg to the USD, and Thailand won't make that mistake again. Countries with a lot of reserves can get away with it, but countries like Thailand no longer can.

1. USD/THB = pegged to US Dollar

While on currency predictions several months hence, I usually figure anyone's guess is as good as mine, but I would rethink the USD/THB prediction. The reason for the THB devaluation in 1997 was its peg to the USD, and Thailand won't make that mistake again. Countries with a lot of reserves can get away with it, but countries like Thailand no longer can.

I admit it is a wild prediction. But I suspect that sometime during 2007/2008 the Japanese and U.S. governments will seek to agree on a Dollar/Yen level perhaps 125. The bank of Japan would have to reform and seek to avoid deflation and maintain Dollar/Yen parity.

That is why I see Thailand returning to a dollar peg.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Euro ( Bearish Double Top) and GBP (Bearish Expanding Triangle) are at the upper limits of bearish chart patterns. However, the price action of both has been excellent. Price trumps patterns every time. A very sharp breakout or reversal is imminent.

Euro:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$XEU...&a=48806250

GBP:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$XBP...&a=48806132

Edited by lannarebirth