Adsl Service Outside Cbd

JJDinsay

Wondering if anyone can recommend an ISP that can provide DSL service out in Pattanakan area (I think that's how its spelled). That's near Seacon Square, Srinakarin, Ramkamhaeng area. I have a client out there whos lookin but the ISP I partner with provides no service out there. Wanted to check TA but one sales girl told me flat out "no" - struck me as weird though as all her answers to my questions were either "no" or "sorry sir". I'm going to have to guess that she didn't speak any English - but hey, I don't speak Thai . . . . .

thanks,

Wondering if anyone can recommend an ISP that can provide DSL service out in Pattanakan area (I think that's how its spelled).  That's near Seacon Square, Srinakarin, Ramkamhaeng area.  I have a client out there whos lookin but the ISP I partner with provides no service out there.  Wanted to check TA but one sales girl told me flat out "no" - struck me as weird though as all her answers to my questions were either "no" or "sorry sir".  I'm going to have to guess that she didn't speak any English - but hey, I don't speak Thai . . . . .

thanks,

I thought April was the month when "all" of Bangkok was supposed to be ADSL capable. (or at least - all TA concentrators were supposed to be capable, and I think TOT exchanges also - you'd still have a problem if your line quality was abysmal or you were too far from the exchange, or there were too many people already hooked up).

I'm out in the sticks and April is when it got turned on for me. - Find some local TA phone numbers in the area you're looking at (ask around if necessary), and put them into TA's website. (the TA Express - check your number is suitable for ADSL. Put dashes in the Name and Contact Number fields and it works for a quick check).

http://www.telecomasia.co.th/taexpress/eng...area/index.html

I did put in a number for a shop in Seacon Square and it said it was ADSL capable so they definitely go out that far.

One thing I got told about half a year ago was - if you're near a bank, you would almost certainly have service since all the bank branches use ADSL. - If you're not near a bank, or on the same concentrator as a bank, it could take longer for your line to be done.