is round trip required for no visa entry?

2 hours ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

Thank you all,   I will have the necessary documents to show.  In the worst case, I get refused entry will I be allowed to fly to any neighbouring country of my choice?  Or willl I have to fly to the country of my passport?  Thanks so much

If denied entry, you will generally be returned to the country you just left. The responsibility for this rests with the airline that carried you to Thailand. Although the logistics can be tricky, the airline should be happy if you relieve them of their responsibility by buying a ticket to go elsewhere, and leaving under your own steam.

Note that the situation is very different in case of deportation which would not be the case here. When being deported, there is rarely a viable alternative to return to your passport country.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Who is telling you that. It is is certainly possible. Since the 2 the entry rule went into effect last year it has actually gotten. easier,

Unfortunately, I cannot find the exact source anymore. But I read a few times that while border runs are still offered, they are only a valid option anymore for those in possession of any kind of visa (tourist visa, multi entry visa, etc.). However, not for those simply trying to extend their non-visa stay in Thailand (Visa Exempt) as it is in my case.

You mean that since the two-entries-per-year via land crossings rule took effect, it has actually got easier again and my above elobrated worries are old news now? :)

Edited by Brian92

2 hours ago, Brian92 said:

You mean that since the two-entries-per-year via land crossings rule took effect, it has actually got easier again and my above elobrated worries are old news now? :)

Yes, generally.  At Malaysian crossings, you may have to stay out one night and be asked to show 10K baht on entry (having this is generally recommended for exempt-entries, as it is a documented rule for admission).  At Cambodian crossings you may have to pay an extra fee to return the same day (due to Cambodian law).  At Laos crossings there are few problems ever reported. 

Just avoid the Poipet/Aranyaprathet crossing, where the IOs have some sort of attitude/issue with longer-stayers in general - including those with tourist-visas, and even those with marriage-visas.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

ok, I' m in thailand since 3 days now, I came with only one ticket.

I want to let you know, thai airways in Milan didn't ask me anything.

immigration in Suvarnabumi  no question.I got 30 days no visa entry.

cool i saved 50 bucks....

cheers guys.

Edited by 50soon

On 31/03/2018 at 9:43 AM, 50soon said:

ok, I' m in thailand since 3 days now, I came with only one ticket.

I want to let you know, thai airways in Milan didn't ask me anything.

immigration in Suvarnabumi  no question.I got 30 days no visa entry.

cool i saved 50 bucks....

cheers guys.

Good to hear! I think with Air Asia from Vietnam I will definitely need a flight ticket out. So I bought one to Laos in 30 days just to be sure + cash in hand + a statement of money coming in overseas. Just worried about immigration not letting me in for having quite a few no visa entries in the past.

Edited by oldskoolbeatz