Pathum Thani highway blocked by fallen construction beam

webfact

Pathum Thani highway blocked by fallen construction beam

By The Nation

1a770d2edeadac7aa351f81204e8480d-sld.jpe

Traffic was tied up on Highway 305 in Pathum Thani early Friday morning after a 20-tonne support beam of a pedestrian bridge under construction fell onto the road.

No one was injured in the incident on Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok Road in Thanya Buri district, but even by 11am, only one lane was open.

Motorists were advised to find another route.

Pathum Thani Highway Office director Rung Buayairaksa said the 36-metre-long beam was being hoisted into place when it struck another one already sitting on pillars.

It fell onto machinery on the road surface, but workers were able to scramble out of the way.

The fallen beam could not be moved before morning rush hour, resulting in a severe traffic jam.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340567

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-09

This seems to be an all to common occurrence in this country, not that long ago a cement lorry was crushed (If I remember rightly) when it hit a support pillar of a new overhead construction which promptly fell over or something fell off it, the construction of the Red line I believe was involved in a huge lump of metal falling onto a road in BKK and crushing a car, fortunately no one injured IIRC, cranes seem to fall off high buildings or tip over on building sites willy nilly, I take extreme care when driving to one of my favourite watering holes at the top end of Mabprachan lake in Pattaya as I have to drive under all the newly installed but incomplete cross members for the new motorway extension to Sattahip, Health an Safety Thailand, NON - EXISTENT. 

Archived