Video Cameras

tatom

Thailand use the PAL video system like most of the world. In the US they use NTSC. Decent VCRs and TVs support PAL/NTSC/SECAM if they are bought outside the US.

In the US it is very difficult to find a VCR or TV that support anything else than NTSC even though some shops carry them. (There's not a chance you will find it in Best Buy, Circuit City, Brandsmart etc)

So yeah, the chance someone in the US can play a VHS cassette from TH is slim.

I think in Thailand they have everything the technology. Do you know where I can borrow the good video camera, to make a movie and send dvd to the other countries? I will move to Thailand in July maybe, and want to make the movie with the tourist, the Thai woman and the white woman.

the tourist, the Thai woman and the white woman.

Is that the title?

No doubt we will be seeing it and you at Cannes next year with a command of the English language as you have you will have no problem as we say picking up the award.

I think in Thailand they have everything the technology. Do you know where I can borrow the good video camera, to make a movie and send dvd to the other countries? I will move to Thailand in July maybe, and want to make the movie with the tourist, the Thai woman and the white woman.

You have said on another thread that you are currently in the Czech Republic. If you can afford it, buy a video camera there. In Thailand they are expensive and it is unusual to rent. You would probably have to deposit the purchase price before they would let you out of the shop.

This applies to original poster as well.

For original poster, I am unclear as to what you really want - a video camera or the tapes/DVDs/VCDs available here.

If it is a videocam, and you want to send 8mm tapes back to the US, then it should be no problem in the US to get them converted to NTSC format. If it is pre-recorded discs, then you will need, for DVD, to take out your 'Zone1' limiter in your DVD player. VCDs would have to be re-recorded in a format acceptable to US players - in some instances.

Why is the US out of step with the rest of the world on TV, HDTV, mobile phones, paper sizes, units of length, units of weight, units of volume, emmission values, so on?